Does it cost to run an online world?

mcglone's Avatar mcglone6/5/11 4:01 pm
1 emeralds 198 4
6/5/2011 7:49 pm
mcglone's Avatar mcglone
Answers below please and if it does, how much? and if it doesn't where to start?
mcglone
Level 28 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

mcglone
06/05/2011 7:49 pm
tried with "5.22.234.51:25565" in-game and it connected to my server. Using the Default sever from minecraft.net.
But the ping on here isn't showing up as online. is it because its my Hamachi IP? someone PM me please.
mcglone
06/05/2011 7:31 pm
@Gamer36 i tried that before and no luck. but i tried with the Hamachi iP.
Just tried it with my own iP and it says "FAILED TO BIND PORT"
Gamer36
06/05/2011 4:24 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
Well, in order to start a server, go here to download the set-up pack, download the one for your platform (Windows, Mac, Linux etc.) then just follow the instructions, once it is all set up your going to want to open up the folder it created and open the server.properties file with a text editor like NotePad or TextEdit. Now keep the server.properties window open and follow this tutorial on how to find out your IP address, once you get it copy and paste it in the "server-ip" area in the server.properties file, then start up your server with the run-server.bat (windows) or LaunchServer.command (mac), then open up MineCraft and click on multiplayer and enter the ip adress you got earlier (Btw you can't copy and paste it into minecraft) and you set.
crazyazey12
06/05/2011 4:08 pm
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal
not if you get the default server but check out the server wrappers ill send them to you http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Programs_and_editors then scroll all the way down to server wrappers then choose 1 you like ( i think ) but i dont have a server i ply on 1 tho lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome