First Minecraft Artwork, Thoughts?

ThouGreatness's Avatar ThouGreatness4/21/14 2:55 pm
1 emeralds 446 6
4/23/2014 8:28 pm
Amsarian's Avatar Amsarian
As the title says, this is my first attempt at some Minecraft graphical artwork. This is a banner for a website for a server that I play on.

I'd like some feedback on my work as well. Please be gentle with your critiques, as this is my FIRST real Minecraft piece. If you dislike something, or think something should be different or added, please state why and explain how to do so. I know my way around Photoshop, but I'm no pro. Thanks!

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/tQnOya0.jpg
ThouGreatness
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 3:17 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Isn't that image just a screenshot of Minecraft using a shadersmod, and some text added in it? It basically looks the same.
04/21/2014 3:19 pm
ThouGreatness
No, if you look closely I replaced the sky with a custom sky image. I also edited the colors. I can upload the original picture if you'd like to compare them side by side.
04/21/2014 3:11 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Try not to save the image as a .jpg next time. A .png makes it much less blurrier and you don't get the compressed squares around the edges of objects. Also if you know how, a HDR effect can drastically change a picture. If you need help with that, I can explain it.

And though a lot of people use Photoshop for picture edits, try starting out with Paint.Net before moving onto PS.

Other than that, it's a good screenshot, it just needs the right editing.
04/21/2014 7:05 pm
ThouGreatness
This is the one that's on the site. I used the HDR effect and really liked how it came out. Did I do the HDR effect right? And is this better?

http://i.imgur.com/wXvcE0D.jpg
04/23/2014 8:28 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
(Sorry for taking so long to reply, I didn't see this until recently)

Yes, that image is much better than the original one. And the HDR effect is in the right usage and makes the image stand out much more than before, and the change in font was a good idea. Whatever you need the image for, you've pretty much got the perfect one!
04/21/2014 3:20 pm
ThouGreatness
I'll save it as a .png next time, thanks! And I've seen HDR effects before, but I'm not sure how to do it.

You said that it needs the right editing. What editing would you do?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome