[Co-Owner] For hire Look inside for application

Pandawesomeness's Avatar Pandawesomeness4/5/16 12:07 am
7/27/2016 9:21 am
Pandawesomeness's Avatar Pandawesomeness
Multiplayer Servers Co Founder Application:
Hello my name is Tommy or Pandawesomeness. I am using a format most people use! I hope you enjoy and I get the spot! Thanks!

-Panda

Are you active and helpful on our servers, forums, and Teamspeak? – Yes, I am. It is part of my duty as a Co Founder to be active on all of these, with the consequence of demotion if I am not. I fulfill this expectancy by setting myself targets (e.g. 600 posts, 200 ingame joins by the end of November). These targets give me a clear goal, which prevents me from procrastinating. I was the 2349th member to join the forums, but, by posting 15-20 messages/threads every day, I will Skype to anyone who is willing to, as long as they don't have an issue with my embarrassingly high voice!

Which server are you applying for? – I'm applying for Co Founder.

What time zone are you in? – I am in GMT +1 which means I am not always online at the same time as my counterparts across the Atlantic. This could be seen as a bonus, though, as I'm around to take the metaphorical "night shift".

What is your experience and knowledge of Minecraft? – I've been playing minecraft since 1.8 (the adventure update). I first heard about it when one day, in my school playground, every kid was whispering about "Iron Golems" and "Endermen". When I asked a gaggle of kids what on earth all the hype was about, they simply replied "Minecraft". Curios at what this "mine and craft" phenomenon was, I hurriedly proceeded to my family's prehistoric desktop, and after a google search that took 5 minutes, (the desktop requiring a restart) , I found minecraft.net. The next day, the new family laptop arrived, and within 2 hours my account was created. After a few weeks of random creative mode destruction, I started a survival world that endured till 1.3.1, when it got corrupted. After the loss of that world, with nothing to do, I clicked the multiplayer button, and joined the server my friend had showed me, by the name of minecraft addicts. It was a small survival server, but went down after 1.4.1, due to a general lack of players.

What is your experience with moderating servers? – I am head admin on a server called blue6768Craft (named after the owner), which I also found during 1.4. It was a small towny/survival server, with a mob arena and PvP arena. The owner came on lots, and seeing me on, helping people, he asked to interview me in a skype chat. He was impressed by my answers to his questions, and appointed me moderator. I rose through the ranks quickly, proving to be a favorite of the players. I rose from Smod to Admin to Tech Admin to Head Admin. By this time, the server sometimes had 50 people on at once, and was steadily getting more and more popular. It would have grown quite large, but then came the delightful Team Lixo, who dismembered the server. Now in Hamachi, we are working on a huge new spawn and custom plugin, though the owner is less keen than before, and we are barely up anymore.

(It is outdated, as I can only get on about once a month now)

These positions of authority show, in my eyes, that I'm a trustworthy figure, with experience.

What will you provide to the community if you are provided Co Founderstatus? – I like to think that on all the servers that I have been staff on, I have improved the average player's experience by keeping advertisers, hackers and the like in check. When I go on party, there is an abundance of these, and I believe I can do as I have done before, and make the server truly enjoyable to play on, as it should be.

How active do you consider yourself in-game? – The only servers I really go on are Mc-brawl servers. I'm online for a good 6-7 hours a day

What do you consider your greatest strength? – I have a large Vocabulary, and a means to use it. What I mean by this is that I am good with words, whether I'm writing a letter or a skype message; I am able to articulate myself, and persuade others.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? – I can be quite proud at times, and do not like to admit I'm wrong, though if the necessity calls I will, somewhat grudgingly. I can also be impulsive, and act on my instinct.

How would you handle someone making a minor transgression for the first time? – I will private message them, asking them not to continue doing whatever offence they are doing

How would you handle the same person doing it again a second time? – If they continue, I will ask them to stop in public chat, then kick them to give them a warning they cannot ignore.

How would you handle that person doing it again for the third time? – If they continue to blatantly commit the offence, despite my warnings, I will give them a temporary ban for 1 hour, as a punishment for breaking the rules.

What is your reaction if someone publically proves you wrong on the forums? – If I have been proven wrong in all aspects, I will apologize for my mistake, and enquire where I went wrong so I will not make that mistake again. I will also private message the person who proved me wrong, to check I have not offended them in any way.

What would you do when someone breaks a rule on the forums? – First of all, I would publicly ask them to stop whatever offence they are committing. Then, if they proceed to offend, I would issue a warning to them using the "warn" button. If they continue, I will alert a Super-mod/Admin, who will administer whatever punishment they see fit for the offence.

When would you lock a thread? -

I would lock a thread when: 1) It is a spam/hate post without any meaning 2) If someone resurrects a thread that last had activity on it over a month ago 3) If the thread’s queries have all been answered and the situation confirmed resolved 4) If it is a duplicate of another post/accidental repost 5) If the creator of the threads asks, for any reason, for it to be locked.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Intelligent, diligent and Optimistic.

Describe yourself in 1 sentence: A Normal kid with a thirst for knowledge and ambition.

Anything else we should know about you? – My name is Tommy I’m 14 and I live in Califorrnia I’m a casual gamer, devout reader and generally happy person.

Situation: A player is out of the servers to boundaries that are not aloud. What are the steps that you would take to ensure that this player and situation is properly dealt with? –Private message the defendant, asking them to return into the map. If they ignore the warning, I will ask them in public chat to, once again, return into the map, or if they cannot return into it, leave the game. If the defendant persists, and stays out of the map, I will issue a kick, to warn them that they are breaking the rules. If, after this unignorable warning they once again leave the map, I will issue a 1- hour ban, as a punishment for breaking the rules.

Do you generally know how all the plugins and commands work? – Yes. My time as a moderator has strengthened this knowledge further, too.

Do you realize that if you are disrespectful or abuse your power, your power will be taken away? – Yes. I realize this and am prepared to face the consequences of demotion if this happens.

Thanks for reading,

-Panda
Pandawesomeness
Level 1
New Miner
Pandawesomeness
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner