Fraps Crashes Minecraft?

BreakfastPizza's Avatar BreakfastPizza4/7/13 8:32 am
7/10/2013 3:59 am
ElPescadoGuapo's Avatar ElPescadoGuapo
Hey, SDJ here, and I need a little help. Whenever I record minecraft with fraps, it crashes. It plays ok for a small while, and a message comes up saying:

Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Keep in mind, this happens only when I record with minecraft. Any other game is fine. I have a I5 Alienware X51 with a Nvidia GT670 Graphics card. It runs on Windows 8. Any help would be really appreciated, as I can't record any videos for YouTube at the moment, and people are getting angry at me.

Thanks for your time ~SDJ
BreakfastPizza
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/10/2013 3:59 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
ElPescadoGuapo
I HAVE THE ANSWER!
I was having the same problem but then I found out that:

Fraps can't record the desktop in Windows 8. It works on other games because they are probably in full screen when you play them i.e. Planetside 2 which takes up the whole screen. Fraps can't record Minecraft because Minecraft runs on the desktop and therefore can't be recorded. To prove it to you, when you play Minecraft, do you see the border around the window with the "Minimize" and "X" buttons? That means that the game runs on the desktop.
Sorry it just doesn't work. Hopefully they will integrate desktop recording in a later update.
06/20/2013 5:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
InfamousBeezy
GT670s are shit-tier cards, just for the records.

As for Fraps, it's a dumbed down program that's OK if you're just looking to record really quick, but isn't that hot in terms of quality or features. Go "acquire" (if you know what I mean) Dxtory and give it a shot, as I'm sure it'll serve you much better.
06/20/2013 4:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dreko13
i use magic launcher so how would i do that
04/07/2013 9:46 am
BreakfastPizza
Thanks to everyone SO much! I finally got it working when I put both fraps & minecraft into windows 7 compatability. Thanks so much!
04/07/2013 9:27 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
post the full error log
not jsut the part where it say "something went wrong"
04/07/2013 9:31 am
BreakfastPizza
That's all it says, nothing else is there.
04/07/2013 9:10 am
Level 26 : Expert Geek
RoboSharks
04/07/2013 9:09 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
tombuutkamp
Set the compatibility mode from Fraps to XP SP2. Should work.
04/07/2013 9:23 am
BreakfastPizza
How do I do that? I'm not great at windows
04/07/2013 9:08 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
Ennen
SDJlegion I did find that fraps and minecraft are not compatible with Win 8, but, I don't think that is the cause

It's likely that that is the problem, actually...
04/07/2013 9:00 am
BreakfastPizza
Anyone else have a solution? Or is it windows 8 causing the problem?
04/07/2013 9:36 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Nerd
ReaCraft
If it is Windows 8, right click Minecraft, go to properties, hit compatibility, and choose another version of Windows for it to run.
04/07/2013 9:06 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist
Ennen
It's possible that FRAPS isn't compatible with your OS, if not, you might just not have a good enough processor to run multiple heavy programs at once.
04/07/2013 8:44 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Fitzcraft
Open up task manager before you start recording, and end unecassary tasks. If that doesn't work, download team extremes cracked minecraft launcher. In the options, you can set login as premium user and you will login the same. Here is the link:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8283910/ ... 1_Cracked_[Full_Installer]_[Online]_[Server_List]
04/07/2013 8:59 am
BreakfastPizza
Thanks for the help, but none of it is working. :\ I did find that fraps and minecraft are not compatible with Win 8, but, I don't think that is the cause
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome