Game Dev Team Needed

DigitalCraftOnline's Avatar DigitalCraftOnline6/22/14 9:19 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 42
7/31/2014 2:37 pm
DigitalCraftOnline's Avatar DigitalCraftOnline
Hello!

We are a new business in the making that is planning it's first game. Game details will be given if you are interested, however, it is a first person RPG. We don't have any experience, as this is our first project. But we need to start somewhere!

Head of Staff: (Owners, business managers, videos, ads, marketing, site, etc.)
Aaron
Jon

Coders:

Main Coder 1:
For Hire

Main Coder 2:
For Hire

Porting*:
For Hire

Graphics:

Mapping/Environment/Animations:
Hired

Item/Spells/Characters:
For Hire

Audio:
Aaron
John

All coders must be experienced in C++, and other game development coding language. this is not a beginner-friendly game to code.

All graphic and audio designers must show some sort of previous work, to show what they are capable of.

Payment will be discussed on Skype, but don't expect it to be very high. (Unless you have a huge job, you will be paid more)

Application Format:

Do you require any software? If so, what is it?
Other Comments:

You will be contacted on Skype after applying, more information will be given.

We look forward to meeting you.
DigitalCraftOnline
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/26/2014 9:50 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Bugs_e
Swimmer1929
DigitalCraftOnline
Do you have any programming knowledge?

Not much, but coding isnt the only part of development.

When someone says they "aren't that good at programming" it means almost always means that they've never programmed.

I feel like you made this comment in regard to me... Listen, I never said I was a programmer. And on top of that I have made a few programs before. Nothing that great but it is still something. Just so you know, if you commented because of my "not so great at programming" line.... >.>
06/26/2014 7:58 pm
Bugs_e
I recommend saying this is just an effort to learn as a team, instead of making this into a "company" type thing. But give more details about what kind of game your making, I think im interested if this is just for the learning experience.

Im not that great at programming myself but Im good with some of the basics. Like I said im only interested if this is for practicing / learning. Not if its a full blown business idea because I dont have such experience.
06/25/2014 2:56 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cake
granolaman457
Hey, I would really like to join this team and see how it works out. I can do some research, and maybe help a bit in other topics. I don't ask for pay. I really just want to see how this will work out. So really no losses for you. Add me on Skype for more info: Endermod.
06/25/2014 10:06 am
Level 35 : Artisan Bunny
TheServerFromMars
I have a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamerFromMars
And I am willing to promote your product by giving it away in a give-away!
06/25/2014 6:29 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Lol. We dont have a product. In case you havent noticed, we dont even have a team yet. Denied.
06/25/2014 2:45 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
MrStarsideFX
I like your channel c:
I just watched the vid about violent video games correlating to violence irl.
06/25/2014 10:02 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
MrStarsideFX
Position Applying For: Main Coder
Any experience? Yes. Experience in coding in JavaScript (1 year), C# (1 year, and C++ (1 year).
Do you require any software? If so, what is it? I already have all that I need.
Other Comments: None.
06/24/2014 10:44 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Seghas
If you want to learn the general feel of coding in a beginner-friendly environment I suggest you try out Scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu/).

Scratch is a drag-drop programming interface based off of Java, created by students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

I find it helpful for people who are new to coding and programming or have no experience at all with it. I myself learned how to make games with it.

Try that out first, remix stuff, learn the basics, then learn the complex stuff which will prepare you how to learn a full-on programming language.
06/25/2014 8:48 am
DigitalCraftOnline
Thankyou, but I know code, just not C++
06/24/2014 9:01 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Duly noted. Thankyou for your respect and politeness.
06/25/2014 9:03 am
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
macodys
Did you saw mine??
06/25/2014 6:27 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Yesm i sebt you a skype request...
06/24/2014 8:20 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Stop grilling him needlessly, guys. Also, in my opinion:
Don't jump into the deep end, at least make a small text-based rpg or a pong clone before making a full 3D rpg.
06/24/2014 7:31 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
macodys
Position Applying For:Animator
Any experience? Working on a half-life 2 project
Do you require any software? If so, what is it?: Maya
06/24/2014 7:27 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Im coding a website, im managing sales, advertising, makig videos, and one more time. I did not say that i am not going to do anything.
06/24/2014 7:30 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
Where in my post did I say you were going to do nothing? -_-
06/24/2014 7:34 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Stop. Just...Stop. Leave this thread. Let it continue as an application thread, not a flame war.
06/24/2014 7:21 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
DigitalCraftOnline
DigitalCraftOnline. We don't have any experience, as this is our first project. But we need to start somewhere!

Honestly. How iis one supposed to have experiece on their first game? Its stated clearly. Im not goin to let this et heaed, but i will say this. Please do not post illogical or smart alec comments here. Applications or intelligent questions only please.

College
06/24/2014 7:15 pm
Colonellooo
Managing wont get you any experience either. You need to actually try doing some solo stuff first. If you want to have a future in making games I suggest learning how to do at least one element of it. No game studio will hire you if you say you're good at managing. I've been a solo 2D MMO developer on and off for about 4 years now and have just started hiring people but I still do the majority of the heavy lifting. You can sit back and manage once you've contributed to the game or made a game by yourself. Plus people aren't going to want to help because since you're a new developer/manager they have no idea if you'll follow through with the project. For all they know you'll run out of money or get bored and a finished product will never happen.
06/24/2014 7:19 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Where did i say i wasn't doing anything? I dont beleive i ever said that. I said not much coding experience.
06/24/2014 6:59 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
DigitalCraftOnline. We don't have any experience, as this is our first project. But we need to start somewhere!

Honestly. How iis one supposed to have experiece on their first game? Its stated clearly. Im not goin to let this et heaed, but i will say this. Please do not post illogical or smart alec comments here. Applications or intelligent questions only please.
06/24/2014 4:22 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
"We don't have any experience"

You should
06/24/2014 9:23 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
DigitalCraftOnlineYou boh will be contacted.

I have no hope.
06/24/2014 7:42 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
And what are you doing to contribute? Its seems like nothing.
06/24/2014 4:00 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Who, me? Im managing he entire thing, silly.
06/24/2014 7:22 pm
Colonellooo
Right here. Managing takes really no work at all. All you have to do is tell someone to go make something, sit back, and wait for it to be finished.
06/24/2014 4:12 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
Do you have any programming knowledge?
06/24/2014 7:16 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Not much, but coding isnt the only part of development.
06/26/2014 8:13 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
I am willing to bet my cat that 90% of the people who applied as a "coder" can't program. When someone says they "aren't that good at programming" it means almost always means that they've never programmed. How do you expect to lead a game development team when you have 0 prior experience or knowledge in this field? Your inability to spell simple words such as "yes", "both" and "sent" correctly leaves me a little suspicious...
07/31/2014 2:37 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Right, so if I mistype something on my phone, I'm an unprofessional automatically. You really think I am incapable of spelling 4 letter words correctly? You also clearly did not read my later post, stating that I do not know C Plus Plus very well, but I know a few other languages.

This entire thread is old and just mockery. Can someone please lock this thread?
06/24/2014 7:25 am
DigitalCraftOnline
You both will be contacted.
06/24/2014 2:28 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Carter991
I'd love to advertise, I have youtube and twitch, also very good at advertising on big fourms, No pay needed. Msg me on skype @ McPvPMasterYT
06/24/2014 2:09 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
DigitalCraftOnline

Payment will be discussed on Skype, but don't expect it to be very high. (Unless you have a huge job, you will be paid more)

$/h guaranteed?
06/24/2014 12:18 am
Twister__
Position Applying For:Main Coder
Any experience?:Ive developed a few games,Im working on a zombie survival I'll link videos if requested
Do you require any software? If so, what is it?:It depends what we are using to develop the game Ive usually used Unity 4 And notepad++ for scripts
Other Comments:I've been looking for a Game Dev Team for quite some time just havent found any
06/23/2014 9:54 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
As somebody who actually has done game design and is a professional programmer by trade... you may want to check this out: http://yourgameideaistoobig.com/

It's not to be understated, honestly. You seem to understand that it's not "beginner-friendly" and that it's your first project, but you're making it sound like this is a project for 5th grade Science class.

If you've never made something as simple as a 2d Arkanoid clone, you shouldn't even be near to attempting 3D game development.
06/26/2014 8:30 pm
Level 49 : Master Cowboy
ObbyRaidz
Cool Paril
06/24/2014 12:05 am
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
That website is a tad-bit overdoing it in my opinion. I am currently working with a team I made to develop a game, and a single mechanic hasn't cost us a cent.

If I select all 12 options on that list, it would apparently cost me just over $170 million to make that game. I'm pretty sure that is 100% inaccurate, if ya ask me.
06/23/2014 9:51 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Your asking for game developers on this site. Why this site?
06/23/2014 9:25 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
We will look into you. Ive sent you a Skype request.
06/23/2014 9:10 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Robot
Mqxi
Position Applying For: Graphics
Any experience?: Not with games, but I do a lot of playing around in Photoshop and sometimes make pixelated characters.
Do you require any software? If so, what is it?: Photoshop CS6(I have it) or Photoshop CC (Maybe you can buy if I get in)
Other Comments: Really love to help people
06/23/2014 9:05 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Robot
Mqxi
When you say: Item/Spells/Characters, Can you please explain this to me with a little detail?

EDIT: Will these be pixelated? If so, I may be able to help.
06/23/2014 9:01 pm
DigitalCraftOnline
Bump.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome