Good Server Boosting Idea?

Gamma Gaydiation's Avatar Gamma Gaydiation4/27/16 10:03 pm
1 emeralds 169 3
4/28/2016 6:22 pm
Aleja's Avatar Aleja
As an Administrator on the server Convicted Factions, it is one of my soul duties and responsibilities to ensure that everyone has a good time on the server. Recently, I've noticed server activity has declined vastly over the past month. In an attempt to boost back up that activity and possibly get more members, I've decided to talk to the owner about contests and server competition. I feel like the members of the server would feel more comfortable and obligated to stay if they had something efficient to do on the server, such as enter building contests on the server to earn prizes. Children and teenagers in general, not just Minecraftians are naturally competitive, are they not? So I feel like it would be a good way to keep members on the server entertained and help improve the activity. Is this a good idea? Should I ask the owner to do this? I was just hoping to get some clarifications that this idea doesn't seem oblivious or naive to talk to the server owner about. I appreciate all the feedback I can get! Server IP is convicted.mchosting.pro if you want to check it out.
Gamma Gaydiation
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2016 5:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Following what Illyricum said, if you don't offer stuff another server has then people will play for a bit and move on. Simple as that. Great staff and a friendly community, while essential, do not carry a server alone. Try to find an unused edge to carve a niche out of - even just events that give things only do so much when the root of what the server is based on isn't special. That said, community events are a good way to start stuff - but make sure you organize it right.
04/28/2016 6:22 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
Couldn't have said it better.
04/28/2016 2:10 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
CGBrothers
I won't lie, I didn't read your whole post. But here is what players are looking for.

Players, as I have noticed over my time of playing minecraft (Since InfDev), prefer reliable and unique servers. A reliable server is a server they know will always be there when they want to play. Whether that is at 1am, or a year later, it doesn't matter. They are subconsciously comforted by the fact that an adult with a stable income is running and paying for the server, so they know the server won't go down.

But the most important factor is the server remaining unique. Players will always go to the server that has something that they cannot get anywhere else. The more unique things your server has, the more attracted the avg player is to it.

The largest, most successful servers are reliable servers that are incredibly unique and offer an experience like no other server. Keep this in mind, and try and make your server more reliable and unique. After you have done this, it is all advertising - players need to know that this server is reliable and it is special and unique.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome