Good Vanilla Custom Maps?

Firefart679's Avatar Firefart6798/28/15 11:14 pm
1 emeralds 295 3
8/29/2015 11:04 pm
Firefart679's Avatar Firefart679
So I've been a little bored lately, and I recently started rendering out Minecraft worlds in render engines like Cycles in Blender to make higher quality images just for the hell of it, and I'm having trouble finding good maps to do renders on.
The problem with finding them is that they have to be non-texture pack, vanilla, and below 1.8 version, as the program that I use (Mineways) to convert the world into something I can use doesn't support things like Andesite and Diorite and all the post 1.7.X materials.

Suggestions? I'd be happy to return the favor with the end products if someone would like them.
Firefart679
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/29/2015 12:16 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Set your search options in the Projects section to Most Popular and the Environment / Landscaping category and you'll find tons of cool custom vanilla terrain that fit what you're looking for.
08/28/2015 11:24 pm
Level 45 : Master Architect
CrankerMan
Just update your Mineways to the newest version ^^

And a list of "Epic constructions!" is here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/collecti ... tructions/

You can also look at other posts by some of the people whos projects are in that collection (alecdent is epic as hell)
08/29/2015 11:04 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Firefart679
Hey! Thanks a lot! I had originally planned to try updating Mineways but I was like "Oh, well it might have been discontinued at some point." I suppose not! I'll see what I can find, and who knows maybe I'll put my findings back into here!

Now I just need to figure out how to use TileMaker to stitch together texture packs for Mineways to use, rather than always vanilla looks
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome