Head-Admin/Manager for Factions server COMPETITION!

Lazark's Avatar Lazark10/19/14 4:35 pm
10/25/2014 7:29 pm
hulkman68's Avatar hulkman68
Midnight Factions is a new factions server built mainly be 2 people. Midnight who is 18, and Lazark who is 17. Me, (Lazark) has been playing factions for over 2 years, learning what works on a server and what doesn't. We may start to grow as a server, which is why we are looking for a Manager to help us grow. So rather than ask for someone to apply, I thought we'd make a competition, testing you Admin skills and the best person will win the rank of Head Admin.

Head Admin/Manager competition.

If you want to be with in a chance of winning this position by going through certain tasks that will test you admin abilities. Join the server and ask to be entered, or leave a reply on here with you PMC username and Minecraft Username. In 1 week I will choose an even number of people and we shall begin the event. These tasks may well include advertising things, selling certain things and shall be as Minecraft related as possible. The event shall run a bit like the TV series "The Apprentice". All kinds of people can apply.

Rules:

Must be at least 13 years old.

Must post both PMC and Minecraft usernames below.

Thought not required, writing a few lines about yourself may help your chances.
Lazark
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/25/2014 7:29 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
hulkman68
Yo can you PM me? Having a few problems maybe you could help?
10/25/2014 5:10 pm
Lazark
The Competition has ended... only 3/4 people responded. Instead you can send in applications to get a staff position.
10/25/2014 7:27 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Ding_Dang_Dong
What do you mean?
10/25/2014 12:08 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
theman9920
I can't connect to the server...?

Also what will we be trying to sell the customers?
10/23/2014 6:19 pm
Lazark
On and if the PM's would like to message me on here, then I can keep up to date with each team... That being said, I've spoken to some people already, and Team 1 seems to be getting to together.
10/23/2014 4:44 pm
Lazark
Team 1 (think of a name):
Click to reveal
theman9920
TheDiamondWarrior
Ding_Dang_Dong
FlammableSports
ProkingPlays
Leprehaun

Team 2 (think of name):
Click to reveal
chogster
BeefyBulldog22
dog5658
TrioPlaysMinecraft
MysticJelly
jjkauffy

Now that the teams have been made, it's up to you to decide communications between yourself, and for the first task that's half the challenge. You'll also need to make someone a project manager for this task only, the PM will change for every new task.
Your PM, should manage the group, like a Head Admin should do. It is the PM's task to make sure every person/player is taking some part in the teams success. Remember if you lose as a team, some of you from that team will get kicked out of the competition. So it is vital that you work as well with your team as you can, try not to fight your team mates, as this may cause you to lose the task.

The Task

Now as everyone knows, all servers require money to be hosted and kept alive. Many servers offer premium or donation packages to draw in possible customers to help pay for the server. Servers are all fighting to try and get the best server, in hopes that they can get people to donate to them so that they can survive. I'm sure by now you have an idea on what your task is.
With 6 of you in each team for this task, I thought this would be an appropriate starter to get the basics out of the way. All Head Admins and Admins for that matter should be able to sell, they should be able to give possible customers a reason to donate for the server. So that's your task, to sell. I will give you 48 hours from when this post goes up for you to contact your team members, make a project manager between you and get on the server which I've posted the IP to before. The team with the most money made, no matter how small will win this task and continue to the next stage. In the losing team at least 2 of you will be kicked form the competition.
I wish you all the best of luck!

-Lazark
10/22/2014 4:56 pm
jjkauffy
i am 14 and looking to be helpful on a sever im very trustful and im a pretty good builder if you need help with that but I will be very loyal on your sever and I can just be a fun guy so if you could please take the time and read this thank you

minecraft name: Scooby_jew2
10/22/2014 4:44 pm
Ding_Dang_Dong
Lazark, why can't I log on server?
10/22/2014 11:41 am
Lazark
12 Competitors so far. Competition will start at 10 PM/ 22:00 UTC.
10/22/2014 12:07 am
Chogster
IGN: chogster
PMC: Chogster
About Me:
I have been a staff member on a few servers. One of them I was Co-Owner on and completely set up and ran the server for the Owner. This included configuring plugins and customizing them. I am quite mature and am very friendly.
10/21/2014 8:06 pm
Lazark
Hints for the competition!

Once the competition starts on Thursday, I will give each team (2 of them) a task, which will be the same. It will test your managing skills, listening skills and Administrator skills. You will have 2 days to complete the task to the best of your abilities. Once the teams have been decided, I will post them here, you will need to choose a project manager for the task. It is his/her's choice on how the team is run, everyone else we need to listen to these PM's. Is it your choice on how you all communicate during these tasks.
At the end of the 48 hours, I will talk to all of you at once on who did the best. The winning team will progress onto the next stage, and 2-3 of you from the losing team will be kicked out of the competition!
***The first task is taking place on the server where you'll be Head Admin on***

IP: 162.223.9.236

-Lazark

(still taking players names down)
10/21/2014 7:03 pm
Lazark
10/21/2014 6:26 pm
BeefyBulldog22
Hey
My IGN is BeefyBulldog22
And I'm 13 years old
Whats the ip I can't find it
10/21/2014 6:07 pm
Lazark
All that time writing that app mason, and you didn't even read the rules...
I'll add you to the competition anyway since I'm in a nice mood.
10/21/2014 3:08 pm
dog5658
Introduction :
My name is mason0511, or in real life : rj. I am 16 years old and would like to apply for a staff position on the server. I speak English fluently aswell. I wanted to apply because I think that this server has a lot of potential. I see it growing to a good server in maybe a couple of months with the right people. I think that I'm one of the guys who can help to make the server grow and improve.

My strong points :
Patience. I really have a lot of patience with the dealing of certain situations. I will never get angry and always stay calm.
Manners. I will never swear be inappropiate in the chat. I'm raised very well and being like that is not in my earth.
Experience with people. I have a lot of experience in dealing with situations. I work in a supermarket and I handle with certain situations there. I know how to deal with people and their problems

ANd i played this server today in 7:55 in afternoon 10/20/2013 and Dont Try banned in other server But try to be Co-owner but the server Down

Motivation :
I see this server as an opportunity to help people. The server is owned by a good friend of mine and I want to help him make his server grow, and also help the players in it. I hope that I can improve the server. ANd i played this server In today in 7:55 in afternoon

Extra :
I use TS3 or Skype as voice communication so I can use that if it is necessary. I can also be one of the staff members who will control the forums in ways of ban appeals,staff applications or player reports. I will be ready to play a minimum of 2 hours almost every day and available on the forums for almost 24/7.

Are you good with Plugins:Yes,being higher ranked staffs on other servers such as Co-Owner,Head-Admin and Manager had taught me a lot on plugins and codings and also useful commands for the server's security.I always try my best to learn and understanding every Bukkit Plugins and use it as an advantage to increase the server's growth and development and also make sure it can benefit a lot for the players and staffs.I could also help to configure plugins and with all the useful plugins and commands,I could ensure every project I do will benefit and be useful for the server's development and use :sick: Plugins such as GroupManager,Essentials and WorldEdit are a few of the many plugins I have been used to and dealt problems with throughout all my staff experience.

Thank you for your time to read this application.

With kind regards,
mason0511
10/21/2014 2:46 pm
MysticJelly
PMC Name: MysticJelly
IGN: Yihong02
About:
-Alright, my favorite part. To start things off, not only have I been staff before, I have owned two kinds of servers of my own. One being hosted on a laptop, the other I bought the host myself. Both of them are shutdown now. ( don't have to believe me if I had those or not) My home hosted one took up too much internet and started to lag out. Then school came, and I just didn't have the time for owning a actual host. Anyways, thats not the point. I wanted to say that I did most of the 'Building up' in that server, whether it was the plugins or the builds in general. I had help of course, just wanted to mention that I help out and treat people fairly, no matter what the rank, even when I am higher. Ranks don't necessarily mean that you are 'higher' than a person. It just gives you more responsibility. To sum it up, I would like this position (responsibility) to help out, keep the server clean, and honestly, work my way up. I'm not going to lie.
Thank you for reading.
Best regards,
-Edward
10/21/2014 2:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
TrioPlaysMinecraft
Age - 13

IGN - MrDerpyYT

I have owned many many servers and been staff on many, also i have pretty much experienced in every plugin apart from votifier which i hate but if i had to learn votifier i would. Also i do plugin tutorials on my youtube channel so you know i have advanced knowledge on plugins, else i wouldnt be doing the videos.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDerpyYT

- MrDerpyYT
10/21/2014 2:28 pm
Lazark
Competition starting very soon (around Thursday)
Just put your name down and age, to be entered!
10/20/2014 8:29 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Leprehaun
Hi, as you've probably already figured I am Leprehaun, or as I prefer Lep. You have already got my app so...
10/20/2014 6:16 pm
Lazark
5 people on the list, couple more who may be joining... Remember this is a chance to earn and win yourself a Head-Admin rank, plus receive a small % of the servers profit.
Do you really want to spend time on an application, and get denied because you couldn't show the owner you skills? Actions speaker louder than words, this is your chance to prove to me what your skills are, and that you're worthy of becoming a Head Admin on a server!
10/20/2014 4:08 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Princess
WaffleM
Name: WaffleMasters

I am an experienced staff member so I hope I get accepted I could be as active as needed Plus you know me xD AND I can help you with everything needed
10/20/2014 3:40 pm
Lazark
5 people on the list, couple more who may be joining... Remember this is a chance to earn and win yourself a Head-Admin rank, plus receive a small % of the servers profit.
Do you really want to spend time on an application, and get denied because you couldn't show the owner you skills? Actions speaker louder than words, this is your chance to prove to me what your skills are, and that you're worthy of becoming a Head Admin on a server!
10/20/2014 9:11 am
Lazark
Finally someone who reads the rules, I'll add you now.
10/20/2014 3:59 am
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
ProkingPlays
Name: ProkingPlaysMC
P.S: i used to run a faction server.
10/20/2014 3:28 am
Lazark
Added
10/19/2014 8:33 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
JayJayJay176
IGN: JayJayJay175

I have owned multiple servers, most of which I got bored of, but I decided once again I'll try administering a server. This looks like a good server to look into.
10/19/2014 8:23 pm
Lazark
You to have been added to the list, once we hit 16 people the competition will start. If however I get over 16 people asking to join all in a short space of time, I will to interviews and choose the best 16.

IP for the server in case you were wanting to play on the server: 162.223.9.236
10/19/2014 7:52 pm
Ding_Dang_Dong
IGN: Ding_Dang_Dong

About: I am a middle school student applying for an high school. I love sports and cooperating with fellow friends/others. One day, I started to play MC with my friends. I learned to build, and program, but not really good at programming. I have be going on different servers and applying on their servers. I had been accepted to be admin on arkhem network. I got replaced cause I wasn't on often in the summer. I rather spend time with family then play all day. I think this would help he on my app for applying to help your server. We could grow as a family I promise you!

~Ding_Dang_Dong
- Good Luck To Everyone

Thanks for your time!
10/19/2014 7:20 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
theman9920
Age - 13

IGN - theman9920

I have been staff on multiple other servers, mainly moderator, but admin a few times. I am very good with many plugins, and I am a quick learner with new ones. I am also excellent with working with Enjin and setting up the server shop and website with it (If you were planning on making a website). I would love to help you guys make a faction server, and I hope you'll consider me!

-Theman

PS - Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about this
10/19/2014 7:14 pm
Lazark
Bump...

A chance to be Head Admin on a server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome