Help?

PixelHacker's Avatar PixelHacker9/14/14 11:05 pm
1 emeralds 399 7
9/16/2014 11:11 pm
PoshTick's Avatar PoshTick
Hey guys! I just want to say I'm horrible at building and was wondering if I could get some tips or lessons on a server or anything that might be helpful! Please? Anything helps whether it's lessons or tips or whatever! Thanks
PixelHacker
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2014 11:11 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
PoshTick
FoxyGRAPH PAPER

Going off Foxy's suggestion another option would be to try out isometric graph paper and of course you can print off any type of graph paper online if you have a printer.
09/16/2014 10:59 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
PixelHacker
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll diffenently use the grid paper thing and the post but again thanks SOOOOO much.
09/15/2014 2:07 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
paintsniffer
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-become-a-better-builder-basic-depth-and-detail/

This is the best tutorial i could find, try downloading builds from Angel Block members for ideas, inspiration and techniques
09/15/2014 5:21 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Divided_S
Pick out a theme for yourself, like let's say you do 'Modern'; well look at all the types of blocks that Minecraft has to offer, then you go ahead and think for a moment what types or looks fit/go into the Modern setting of buildings. Even looking at actual pictures of buildings will help you.
09/15/2014 5:16 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
crashmaker18
i usualy get a bulk idea of how i am gonna build something, then i smoothen things out and add some details, this doesnt work with all styles but i usually remember this one thing: it's all about the details
09/15/2014 12:11 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
GRAPH PAPER
always
Seriously it helps so much. Just sketch/plot/plan out your build on graph paper then convert it into blocks. Like each square on the paper would represent a 5x5 block square in minecraft. That's what I always do.

You can take it even further and make a grid in MC below the build to help you see where you are and what else needs to be converted from paper to MC.

You can add extra flourishes and details after you've converted the basic shape of the build.
09/15/2014 1:04 am
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
ShadowCatEXE
Well it must work.. Cause your builds are amazing ^.^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome