How Deep Do Your Builds Go?

AirshipsEverywhere's Avatar AirshipsEverywhere5/30/16 3:18 am
1 emeralds 340 5
6/6/2016 3:15 am
AirshipsEverywhere's Avatar AirshipsEverywhere
Howdy everybody. For as long as Summer Sea and I have built stuff together, we've kept everything in the same universe. When other builders joined our fun, they only added to an existing world we slowly developed as time went on, forming history for our various countries as well as all sorts of relations, economies, governments, and cultures. Eventually we grew bored of one universe and created a parallel world in which we could further muck about, and that side world exploded into its own universe of equal, if not greater, complexity. While this may look like a shameless plug for his stuff and mine, I do have a question that has been bugging me ever since I noticed I'd spend well over an hour on a single project description. How many of you have builds that exist in the same world together, and if you do, how complicated is that world? How developed are the economics, political relations, culture, and history of that world, and did you have any inspirations? While I intend to continue with a very heavily developed project universe, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who does. (Aside from Summer Sea and our fellow Celestial Chaos builders, of course.)

Can't wait to hear your responses!
AirshipsEverywhere
Level 48 : Master Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2016 3:15 am
Level 48 : Master Unicorn
AirshipsEverywhere
Good answers. I can understand those of you who don't worry about lore and just build. It must be a little less constraining. I just end up connecting everything eventually, even if it's unintentional. My Libra class was supposed to be just a boat to mess around with MCEdit on but of course I slapped a Skylord flag on it and it suddenly became part of the world.

Anyone else?
05/30/2016 1:58 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
None of my build really exist in a world, because I typically focus on the one build. Anything else is too much for my tiny feeble brain.

Really I'm just too lazy to come up with lore. One of my friends who is great at city design uses his own little universe, which I respect and it definitely pays off, but my styles usually work better as a standalone build.
05/30/2016 1:22 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
One of mine, that is terrible and still has very little done, is a whole town, with houses, arenas, restaurants, and more. I am planning on adding a "wealthy" neighborhood, and a history museum is in the works. I want people that play in it to have a sort of feel for the place, and view it as one collective city.
05/30/2016 1:17 pm
Level 47 : Master Bear
Bear_
This is one of the more interesting posts actually. Therefore I'm sorry if I disappoint you, but literally all of my projects are in different worlds. I can't remember one beeing located in the same world as others.. - Servers are not counting though.
05/30/2016 10:05 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Paladin
Rossky
I do. Involving a timeline, a map and themes - some builds are from an earlier age than others. Also factions. Was planning on sending them all into space this year but that's not gonna happen.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome