How to make my "pack" be "allowed"?

rmfranco's Avatar rmfranco8/21/16 7:19 pm
1 emeralds 632 8
8/28/2016 1:06 pm
CubCon's Avatar CubCon
I am not a pack maker. But, I do combine bits and peaces from packs I like, for personal use only. Although said pack's changes compared to default are very subtle, almost equal to default, I'd like to show them to people. A friend, she has a pack showcase series for her somewhat small Youtube channel, and I'd like to have her show it. What is a good way to get permission from the owners of the certain textures? I have no clue who most of them are, and change the textures often. I briefly tried to make a "credits" word doc, but lost interest in that quick.

Any advice?
rmfranco
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/28/2016 1:06 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Network
CubCon
Hey man,
I get around in the community quite a bit and it looks like this:

Almost all creator of bigger packs post their terms of use.
But for that you kneed to go trough the download and posts of their work.
And credit does not permit you to share any of their work.

Usually most people allow you to remix and share images or videos using this remix, as long as you clearly visible credit them.
However most don't want you to upload the remixed packs. Which is kinda sad for your Youtube friend since all her viewers won't be able to get the showcased pack...

Sadly a lot of big creators wont even talk to you unless you are kinda big as well, so contacting them directly will only give you a 50/50 chance to get it approved.

So if you want to be on the save side replace all textures that are from packs you either don't know or officially share their terms on it.

I hope that helped.
08/27/2016 10:43 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Guys, OP isn't asking what he'd have to do to post those packs here. He's simply asking how to get permission from/give proper credit to the artists who designed the textures in his mash-up packs so his friend can showcase them on her YouTube channel.

OP, a credit list would suffice. Just make sure it's included in the description of any video showcasing the textures.
08/27/2016 7:57 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
This is like using Skincraft for making your "own" skin, it uses parts from other people's skins and therefore isn't allowed as it is not all yours.
08/27/2016 7:30 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Credit still doesn't allow a user to post content they did not make. Things you upload to your account must be stuff you made, not a bunch of stuff other people made and you just put together.
08/27/2016 7:19 pm
rmfranco
Is there any way that I'd be able to show it as it is, maybe if I credited each texture pack the texture was taken from?
I know that on a small scale, that has worked in the past. Though I might need to contact said texture owners, if that would work.

I'd just like to show it to people. It wouldn't be download-able, just show what I've put together.

If not video, would I be allowed to show screenshots? Like on the forum of the Server I play on? Not "I made this" more, "These are the textures I combined from packs. This is my Minecraft experience."
08/21/2016 9:40 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
DaSquyd
I mean if you didn't make the textures, I don't know why they should be showed off under your name.
08/21/2016 9:31 pm
MaxResolution
Hey,

Unfortunately, any textures that you haven't made that are included in your pack do not belong to you and thus you may not distribute the pack. Sorry!
08/21/2016 9:29 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
simssuker
All of your creations have to be 100% you.
Sorry.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome