How would I Grow a Youtube Channel?

SkiptreZ's Avatar SkiptreZ4/18/14 4:03 pm
4/19/2014 12:54 am
Arshak13's Avatar Arshak13
Hey guys, I recently started a YouTube Channel and have NO idea how to grow it. I have watched dozens of tutorials on Youtube, read a bunch of articles, etc. I just can't figure out how. I know getting views and subscribers isn't what it's all about, and believe me, that's not why I'm doing it. It just feels pointless to talk to an audience that isn't there. I know there isn't just one secret that will make you the next CaptainSparklez, SkyDoesMinecraft, etc. I just need a little bit of guidance, that's all. Thanks for hearing me out, and any feedback whatsoever would be much appreciated

I'm a little hesitant to put this, but it's really the only way to have people tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Sorry if I'm not supposed to!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ghostgrowlithe
SkiptreZ
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/19/2014 12:54 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
Arshak13
You can maybe start your videos with a server review of my server. You can find my IP by clicking my profile.

Thanks,
Arshak
04/19/2014 12:50 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
BattlingApollo
Don't, YouTube is crawling with hundreds of Minecraft channels, all doing the same boring and repeated content (survival LPs, server reviews, etc...) Unless you have a revolutionary idea that will completely change Minecraft forever, or else you'll just be another water molecule in an ocean.

This is assuming if you want to successful, if you want to run a YouTube channel just for lulz and fun go ahead
04/19/2014 12:53 am
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
Apollo layin' down a truth bomb
04/19/2014 12:41 am
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
41paladinman
I think the biggest thing is to have fun doing it. Don't be a youtuber for the subscribers, do it for the fun, and you'll get better, because you'll want to make better videos for your fans.
04/19/2014 12:46 am
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
Zoundrev
I agree with this. Just relaxing and having fun will make recording easier, and improve overall video quality. If you do it just for the subs, whats the fun in that?
04/19/2014 12:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Kickbuttkaleb12
Alright let me try to help you a little more than the above posts have(though a few have helped)
Video Guidelines:
1) Don't force in your want for a like or a subscriber. Imagine you are on one of those pressure plates that are heavy. Everytime you ask them to leave a like, the pressure on the plate gets a little harder. If this imaginary pressure gets to heavy, the viewers know you are desperate. So... desperacy is BAD! It's okay to mention once in the beginning just don't ask eight times throughout the video. Maybe asking at the end is okay but remember the pressure plate!!!!
2) Don't try to be funny, let it come naturally! From my knowledge trying to be funny just makes you look like an idiot
3) Get a partner, or two! Let's face it, people get bored with just ONE person from time to time so throw someone else in! This also gives you multiple view points and advertisement on different channels.
4) Make yourself be remembered! You must have some kind of catch phrase. For example, if your playing a game in MC and your on a tree about to ambush someone, shout something random that goes with the theme[e.g. POP UP AD IN YO FACE!!!!! For the above scenario!]
5) Post daily. The more videos, the more you add to youtube so eventually someone will see them and probably will share it with their friends!
6) Youtube comes with a price... If you want to be a top youtuber you have to have top computer specs! To tell if you have good computer specs, run attack of the b-team while recording, if you aren't lagging or are receiving a really small amount of lag, then you have a good computer!
7) Get a good mic. Have you ever seen a YouTuber do facecam? Ever notice they have those HUGE mics. Get one of those xD
8) Always add new content! This kind of goes with #5 but just a bit different. Add new series of gaming to your channel! Also, don't leave old series stranded. By this I mean don't quit a series in the middle of it!
9) [Don't worry last one] Thank your audience! Did you hit 1k? Add a thank you video! Don't let them think that their subscriptions mean nothing!
-----------------------
Anyway, sorry for this loooooooooooooooooooooooong thing, but I had a lot to say!
04/18/2014 10:55 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
41paladinman
This will help in general, but you need to come up with the real original content.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how ... -youtuber/
04/18/2014 9:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
DIRT8IKE_FREAK
It is not to easy I am trying the same things remember the beginning is the rough part. What you do is just post good videos have great advertisement get yourself out there and devote yourself to it I am about to spend 300 dollars getting stuff for my channel.
04/18/2014 9:44 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Noobington9001
plant a youtube tree

problem solved
04/18/2014 10:46 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
_Shako
I was just about to say that!!!
04/18/2014 9:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Scribe
Medieval-Sanity
How should I know. In other cases, this happens when I try to change something on YouTube.
04/18/2014 9:36 pm
Level 82 : Elite Fox
CraftyFoxe
Listen I used to be active on Youtube when I was 13, from lego videos. I've gotten over 1,000 subscribers. Check my youtube fox454x you'll see 1k.You are still a fairly new Youtuber, just keep up making good videos, make them funny, epic, and original. I promise you once you upload 100 videos, you'll be pleased with the results. But beware there are a lot of people who are doing what you are doing so its not as successful as doing more unique and interesting things. Also maybe you can be active in the minecraft community on youtube make like videos together get known. good luck and have fun.
04/18/2014 4:10 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheEbonyFalcon

grown
04/18/2014 4:06 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
TheMystic
Simply advertise yourself, be kind to people around the forums and things like that, and I'm sure other people will love to help you on your wonderful YouTube journey.

I'm sure you're worrying for nothing, just takes some time I suppose!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome