[DayZ] Interesting server build idea? Thoughts?

OfficialMCZServer's Avatar OfficialMCZServer1/3/16 10:36 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 30
2/12/2016 7:08 pm
Rilene's Avatar Rilene

Outdated trailer - new features have come into place since!

Hi Guys,

So... over the pasts few months I have been recreating a replica map for the DayZ Chernarus map and Namalsk map. Much work has been put into both mega builds and the Chernarus Build is near the set goal of completing all coastal towns. The plan from this point was to release the server to the public for them to test it out and play along side each other: looting towns, building bases and killing bandits.

Please give feedback below on what you think about the projects so far and if you would like to partake in the server release soon.

Project 1 - Chernarus Map - http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... craft-map/

Project 2 - Namalsk Map - http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... craft-map/

MCZ pros:

[] Replica DayZ map.
[] 15+ Guns ( pistols, snipers, shotguns, machine guns, projectiles )
[] Vehicles ( Cars and Helicopters - ALL BUKKIT/SPIGOT SUPPORTED - NO MODS REQUIRED )
[] Fuel system for cars.
[] Backpacks ( Alice, Czech, Patrol )
[] Slow Zombies ( Recently Added )
[] Fast Zombies ( Recently Added )
[] Military Zombies ( Recently Added )
[] Wild Wolves (Recently Added )
[] Random Loot Piles.
[] Bleeding/Breaking bones/Thirst System.

MCZ Screenshots:

Click to reveal

MCZ Mob Types:[/b]

Click to reveal
Military Zombie:

Sprinter Zombie:

Standard Zombie:
OfficialMCZServer
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/12/2016 7:08 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Rilene
Ohh ok, hope you can finish it soon. =)
And making the reward for secrets quest would do but make sure it's valuable enough to persuade players to do the quest. c=
02/12/2016 8:23 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Rilene
I'm wondering are you going to add like secrets?
I mean like secret library in a cave or underground waterfall or something.

This could potentially interest explorers, like me.
02/12/2016 1:05 pm
OfficialMCZServer
I like your idea dude, I might add caves or something on the server in amongst woodland for you to investigate and find hidden stash, or something like notes that spawn on one side of the map saying that you can return it to such and such and then you get a reward?

As this is an alpha server I would just like to inform you any more suggestions are much appriciated as its great to add things you guys want to see
02/12/2016 7:15 am
OfficialMCZServer
bumped.
02/05/2016 6:52 pm
OfficialMCZServer
|| Update ||

Building has expanded in-land.

See official project page to view updated photos!

|| Information ||

Alpha release due to occur between 12th - 15th February. Stay updated by subscribing!
01/17/2016 6:54 am
OfficialMCZServer
|| Update ||

Road layout has continued in land - buildings soon to be put in place for in land cities.
01/16/2016 7:52 am
OfficialMCZServer
Bump. Still looking for feedback - what should I add? Have I already added things? Suggestions on what to build next?
01/15/2016 8:27 pm
OfficialMCZServer
|| MAJOR UPDATE ||

First off... Map update:

The map has been improved with relation to scale in order to ensure it is scaled correctly in proportion with roads.

The major bit...

I have added the following items:

[ ] Engine Parts
[ ] Fuel Tank Parts
[ ] Windscreen Glass
[ ] Wheel
[ ] Scrap Metal
[ ] Main Rotary Parts

So yes... crafting vehicles is now a feature on MCZ - find vehicles or make your own by looting in the industrial areas!

Hope you enjoy the plugin AND map update
01/15/2016 8:24 pm
OfficialMCZServer
gacobs122I've tried to make this before and players didn't give it a chance.. Plus theres so many dayz servers out there..

Damn dude... maybe it just didnt have the right USP to attract the DayZ/MC market?

01/15/2016 2:18 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
gacobs122
I've tried to make this before and players didn't give it a chance.. Plus theres so many dayz servers out there..

01/15/2016 1:46 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
This is amazing. It really looks like you put a lot of work into the map, and it brings back so many memories. Dayz was very important to me a couple of years back and I tried to get into it but it just wasn't the same. I'm feeling so many emotions as I watch this video - recognizing all of the map's locations and certain ones bringing back specific memories.
01/15/2016 8:23 pm
OfficialMCZServer
Glad you like it man You are really going to like the new update I am posting on this thread!

Hope to see ya on launch! feeling certain those who remember the map from actually playing the game will enjoy it very much!
01/15/2016 7:51 am
OfficialMCZServer
Bump.

When u give feedback by voting can you please explain why?
01/13/2016 1:15 pm
OfficialMCZServer
Bump. Updates have been made to the project build ( link on first main post ) so keep checking it out!

Please stilll provide feedback with the voting poll if u can! Want to see from you guys what you think about the build? Any comments or questions regarding the idea are also very much wanted!

01/08/2016 8:29 pm
OfficialMCZServer
|| Update ||

Further expansion in-land and down coast of elektro. Will be opening within the next few weeks most likely if the creation is suitable to maintain a max of 60 players at one time.
01/05/2016 8:03 am
OfficialMCZServer
Bump.

Gonna post updated images this evening as well as some more details on whats planned next for the build
01/04/2016 2:40 pm
OfficialMCZServer
Any feedback or further questions about the build would be much appriciated! Keep it up guys!
01/04/2016 5:55 am
Level 1 : New Network
Sir_n0ad
I definitley look forward to trying the server out.
01/04/2016 10:31 am
OfficialMCZServer
Make sure to also vote as I will be most probably going by those statistics!!!
01/04/2016 5:35 am
OfficialMCZServer
bump
01/03/2016 6:28 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MCPanPany
Id play on it im a programmer and i could help with the development. Add me on skype @mcpanpany
01/03/2016 2:14 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I'd play on it.
01/03/2016 6:19 pm
OfficialMCZServer
Thanks dude! Make sure to sub for the future

Anyone else got any question on the build so far?
01/03/2016 11:47 am
Level 20 : Expert Explorer
Dexzernq79
Well, I don't really go on the popular servers that much unless i'm REALLY bored. I usually play on Omega Realm but I do some less popular servers and I like zombies so this is perfecr for me!
01/03/2016 2:09 pm
OfficialMCZServer
Make sure to Sub as once the project is complete I will be adding the server via this account Glad to see you support the MCZ ( planned server name ) community
01/03/2016 10:39 am
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
To be honest no.

Nearly every player on minecraft is right now at Mineplex or any other popular server so they wont even see this and even less know what DayZ is. Even thou I like the idea it wont be a hit, sorry to crush your hopes but anyways good luck.
01/05/2016 9:36 am
Level 45 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
That's a lie. It is possible to get a good server up and running. OP No need to worry about any large servers. If people will like your idea, they will come and dedicate their time on the servers.

One of my servers alone gets 50 players daily on a slow day. So saying that because of large servers you can't make a good one is a lie. It will be hard of course but it's not impossible.
01/05/2016 9:54 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NewSuperMario
That's right. To me too large servers are just boring, so I almost always play on smaller servers
01/06/2016 8:55 am
OfficialMCZServer
I have the same problem... they just get boring after a while and I feel that MCZ will be able to have a good shot as it is bringing new elements to the DayZ genre. Cars, Planes, Helis, Different zombie models and types, base building .etc.
01/03/2016 10:44 am
OfficialMCZServer
I appriciate your input. The thing I find dull about other servers like Mineplex, MineZ .etc. is that they do not possess a replica DayZ map ( Our USP ). While maintaining a large player base, I feel that this could simply be due to - there is no other DayZ server with a replica map/replica vehicles/replica system so they just settle for it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome