Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hulck33's Avatar Hulck3311/10/14 7:20 pm
1 emeralds 74.5k 8
3/21/2015 8:05 pm
Lacuna Corporation's Avatar Lacuna Corporation
Hey guys.

I've been playing minecraft for a few months recently, but never on multiplayer. So now I'm trying to play multiplayer and I keep getting "Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" on trying to join servers.

I put in the server name and IP, then save that to the list. I go back to list, select, and click "Join Server" ....

It says "connecting to network" "logging in ..." and then our error pops up and I can't wiggle past it. Apparently there's another error involving the NullPointerException, but I haven't been able to find a fix that works for THIS one.

Please help.
Hulck33
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/21/2015 8:02 pm
KILLAJOSH4326
I'm getting an Internal Error: java.lang.NullPointerException when i try to go onto a LAN server.....
03/21/2015 8:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
A null pointer exception occurs in Java when there is either a variable which is not being used, or a function is calling a variable which ha snot been previously defined. If you're using mods, then one of them has not been coded properly. If you know what you're doing then a quick look through the class files will reveal the problem. Alternatively, uninstall all of your mods, and reinstall them one by one to determine which is the problematic mod. If you don't use mods, then just reinstall your Minecraft. This should fix the problem.
11/10/2014 7:38 pm
Hulck33
karolakkolo123 ::: Checked out your link, it has nothing to do with my problem :/
11/10/2014 7:58 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
And that's why you supply the crash report. forpeoplewhoactuallyknowwhatthey'redoing.
11/10/2014 7:37 pm
Hulck33

Gotcha guys. I'm on it

---- I recently re-re-installed MC so the error log is empty I'm afraid!
11/10/2014 7:30 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Show the error log, please.
11/10/2014 7:26 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
Try to re-install minecraft. If you have any mods remove them, if you have forge installed, re-install minecraft and then re-install forge. If all else fails delete .minecraft and start over.
11/10/2014 7:24 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
karolakkolo123
I don't know what is it all about, but I know that you are lazy. Search it on google, not ask people, but I give you a link, hopefully this will help http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... -minecraft

@edit

I think you have to backup your things from .minecraft folder, delete it, and run minecraft again, close it, put your .minecraft files back to .minecraft folder, and run minecraft.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome