Issues with movement coltrols on the PC

LadyGrelka's Avatar LadyGrelka9/30/14 10:50 pm
1 emeralds 194 5
9/30/2014 11:48 pm
LadyGrelka's Avatar LadyGrelka
My kids talked me into getting Minecraft for the PC, now I am thinking that I should have gotten it for my PS3 due to the very frustrating issue I am having with character movement, what I mean is having the ability to use the arrow keys for not just moving forward and back and stepping to the left and right and only being able to be able to turn your character with the mouse. I would like to be able to be walking, or running and use the arrow keys to be able to TURN my character while running and jumping. The inability to do this makes me rethink playing this game. I am wondering if there is a mod out there that will let me do this, or even a mod that will let me use my PC Xbox 360 controller. I can't think of any other PC game that I have played that has this issue, they might be out there but as of yet Minecraft is the only one I have see with this problem.
LadyGrelka
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2014 11:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
LadyGrelka
Now why the heck did I not think about using the WASD keys lol, I am going to blame it on lack of sleep.

And yes you do have to use the mouse to turn your character while moving but in most games I have played you can move your character forward and such with the mouse as well, such as EQ2, and if I am not mistaken Vampire Bloodlines as well, but you can turn them with the arrow keys as well, in most I have played. Now if I had been thinking I would have remembered the WASD keys lol
09/30/2014 10:56 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
You've never played a PC game where you had to move your mouse to turn your character while moving...? I've never played a PC game that wasn't that way.

Also, arrow keys are horrible, unless you're left-handed and your mouse is to your left. Use WASD and use your right hand for mouse movement.

Edit: Thought about it and realized that a couple games I play actually do have this functionality. I just forgot because it's so slow to turn, where you can turn very quickly with a mouse.
09/30/2014 10:55 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Greybolt
Minecraft has variable rotation speeds for players, and using the arrow keys would remove the ability to use that feature. It would be painfully slow to navigate and slow down player reaction time.

Essentially, movement cannot be set to a key because that would limit certain game features.
09/30/2014 10:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
WASD is the easiest for control, trust me. I had used arrow keys for a long time and I regret doing so.
09/30/2014 10:52 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Unicorn
TBGPrison
Ez fix, google
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome