Looking for new mouse and keyboard

PoshTick's Avatar PoshTick10/1/14 4:46 pm
10/1/2014 6:30 pm
PoshTick's Avatar PoshTick
Hello!
I am currently thinking of upgrading from my cheap $10 wireless mouse and sidewinder x4 into something a bit nicer.

For the most part money isn't an issue and I am leaning towards a black switch mechanical keyboard although I am not against getting a red switch keyboard. I would like it to be backlit and wired as a minimum requirement. The mouse needs to be at least wired and optical and for the most part I do not care too much about dpi. Again, money is not a problem, however I am not looking to waste it on some poor performing, overpriced product.

Just want a general idea of what is out there so please suggest as many things as possible.
PoshTick
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/01/2014 6:10 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
I can't emphasize how much I love my 60% keyboard. Once you have something this ergonomic, you can't go back to a fullsize which strains your hands. I also recommend MX browns instead of blacks or reds. The reds/blacks are good for gaming but it's extremely easy to mistype and backspacing all the time gets annoying. As for the material, I can't stress getting a PBT plastic keyboard enough. ABS is the standard, like with the K70 I had for a while. After some time, ABS plastic gets coated with the oils from your fingers and becomes shiny and slippery leading to more unintentional button presses. If you had to get a fullsize keyboard, I can't recommend something like Ducky's Premier.
10/01/2014 6:30 pm
PoshTick
I was contemplating buying two keyboards as I have heard similar things while looking around the internet, but neither do I do too much typing heavy work nor have a real need for a more typing friendly one at the current moment. Although I will definitely try out different switches before I settle on a keyboard. (Curious about those Topre switches.)

Ty for telling me about the difference between PBT and ABS plastics.
10/01/2014 5:12 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Ducky Shine III, Corsair K70, CM Quickfire Pro/Ultimate, and Rosewill RK-9200 all come to mind.
10/01/2014 5:09 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Blob
Chrix12
I use SteelSeries Apex keyboard and Mad Catz R.A.T 7 mouse. Can recommend both. There is also Apex raw and R.A.T 3 and 5 for lower budget, with less fancy things ofc.

The keyboard does have quite amount of possible macros. I use them for shortcuts in programs like Blender so I don't have to do all the fancy key combinations. Also have binded the keys to open YouTube and Google for example (possible to bind to open any program). Also fancy colors. Takes 2 USB slots, but the keyboard has 2 built in so doubles as an usb hub. What I really like is the play/pause, next/prev and volume keys on the right side of the keyboard. Makes changing track so much easier (I use foobar2k, but works with spotify too).

For the mouse, the ability to change presets and sensitivity on the fly is handy (example in BF4). What I like the most is the customizability, fits the hand like a glove after some tinkering.

10/01/2014 5:08 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Explorer
Desdruktiva
mouse: Qpad 5k or Mionix naos 7000.
keyboard: doesn't matter, any old keyboard with standard layout and proper feeling to the keys. (fps veteran)
10/01/2014 5:03 pm
PoshTick
I am looking for a full size keyboard. I was a bit vague in my original post as I am rather flexible on most specifications.
10/01/2014 4:58 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
What size for the keyboard? Fullsize, tenkeyless, tk style or 60%? The CM Quickfire Rapid/TK/Pro are good though you have the extra money to go higher.
10/01/2014 4:55 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
Akeustlom
My mouse keeps double clicking when I click once. Suggestions on how to fix? (Thought it seemed fitting)
10/01/2014 4:57 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
OrbitGaming47
Make a new thread on this. It makes it better for us to help you. Stay on topic!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome