Looking for a Server Host

ActuallyElijah's Avatar ActuallyElijah7/22/16 8:00 pm
1 emeralds 234 8
7/23/2016 10:13 pm
IncentDesigns's Avatar IncentDesigns
Hi everyone!
My name is Elijah, and I am currently looking for someone to host a server for me to operate, manage, and create.

It has always been a dream of mine to own my own server, and unfortunately, I don't think I can make that a reality without a generous host to help me out. Now I know what you're thinking. Why should I trust you with a server that I am paying for?

Well, I'll tell you.
I have been playing Minecraft for Four years now, and I have had loads of staff experience. I have been a Staff Manager, HeadAdmin, Admin, Mod, TrMod, and Helper, over the past four years, and I have a sense of what type of people are good for these positions. Now I know that I have never been an Owner/Co-Owner, but that doesn't mean I'm not qualified. It just means that, in most cases, it is required you chip in for the server costs, which I something I can't do at the moment. As for plugin development, I would likely find a developer willing to work with me, but there are some things I *will* be able to learn on my own pretty quickly.

As for the actual management of this server, all server donations would be sent directly back to the host, and I would not be making anything off the project.

I also have several (Very different) ideas for what the server would be, but here is probably my favorite one.
It would be a pretty heavily induced RP server, set in the far future (I'm thinking like a Star Wars timeline, but not exactly Star Wars). Using factions, people would be able to create nations, and politics would be heavily encouraged. These nations would be a bit harder to create then normal factions, so only the serious nations survive. There would be pre-made cities on the map that these nations can capture, but it would also be expected that some nations create their own custom cities.These cities would vary in style, but most would be futuristic *Corsucant* type builds. Players would be able to create Starships, using the the Movecraft plugin, that would be able to transport them across the map.

Now for the PVP aspect for all of those PVP lovers out there; Nations, if political tension was high enough, can go to war, and use their starships to siege other nation's cities. Of course, with work, the nations would be able to siege back their cities, but it would of course cost money.

For the diplomacy lovers, alliances could be formed using the /f ally feature, and wars could be ended in treaties and peaceful agreements.

That's about as far I have got into the development of this idea, but I think it could turn out really beautifully.

I hope I can work together with one of you out there!
Reply if you're interested.
ActuallyElijah
Level 1 : New Explorer