LOOKING FOR SKILLED BUILDERS / LORE WRITERS FOR A RPG SERVER

tierdal's Avatar tierdal3/19/14 4:12 pm
6/16/2014 4:26 am
SlappinFace's Avatar SlappinFace
Good day to you all!

I administrate a server network called Risen Kingdoms. You can find it on one of the following links:HERE OR HERE

We are currently working on expanding the network with addition of a RPG server. We already have some builders and lore writers ready to go, but we are looking for a few more. We've been around for almost a year and we can promise you that your builds will not go to waste.

This is not a rookie project, we've been working on it for a while, we ran a beta, but decided to re-do the world.

Little info about the world:
6000 blocks wide, 8000 blocks long, custom terrain, custom trees, random dungeons, mountains, rivers, deserts, oceans, all the good stuff.

What we are looking for in BUILDERS in terms of skill:
- Able to work on both the grand projects and tiny details
- Medieval building style
- knowledge of world-edit is preferred but not needed
- able to work on a team (you will be assigned a team based on your style and skill)
- able to concentrate on the project and follow instructions
- voice chat (teamspeak 3) is preferred but not needed

Application:
Position: [Builder / Lore Writer]
IGN:
Where have you worked before:
Examples of your work:
Tell me a bit about yourself:
Why should we pick you over the others:

Please note that your application will be reviewed by our current staff and may take a few days for us to get back to you. IF accepted, you will be asked to re-apply on our website using one of the built-in forms.

What we are looking for in LORE WRITERS in terms of skill:
- Able to pick up where we left off and develop the main story line
- Able to create extensive dialogue (dialogue trees / different choices / answers - THINK Mass Effect series)
- Able to work in a team to create an in-depth story including side stories and miscellaneous quests.

Application:
Position: [Builder / Lore Writer]
IGN:
Where have you worked before:
Examples of your work:
Tell me a bit about yourself:
Why should we pick you over the others:

Please note that your application will be reviewed by our current staff and may take a few days for us to get back to you. IF accepted, you will be asked to re-apply on our website using one of the built-in forms.

SCREENSHOTS OF CURRENT PROGRESS:
Click to reveal

Be mindful that all while we are looking for the above positions, you can still apply for other ranks for our other servers including our new Factions server!!!

Disclaimer: IF you are picked, please be aware that we can change the status of your application without reason at a later date. To prevent that from happening follow all server rules and remain active in-game.

EDIT: IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME IN PERSON, I CAN BE REACHED ON RISE.RISENKINGDOMS.COM AFTER:
9PM US CENTRAL MON-THU
6PM US CENTRAL FRI
MOSTLY ANYTIME ON THE WEEKEND

RISEN KINGDOMS | RISE.RISENKINGDOMS.COM | JOIN TODAY AND RULE THE WORLD!!!
tierdal
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/16/2014 4:26 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SlappinFace
Position: Lore Writer
IGN: SlappinFace123
TimeZone / Location: GMT, UK
Where have you worked before: I haven't worked on any servers previously
Examples of your work: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3113973/1/Lucidus-Somnia
Tell me a bit about yourself: I am a very passionate and enthusiastic writer, who's a very good team player and can work well with everyone.
Why should we pick you over the others: I can bring experience and a fresh look on the project to your team, as well as a fresh writing perspective.

Thanks for considering me, hope you succeed regardless!
03/31/2014 11:21 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
Malaketh
Position: [Builder]
IGN: iXx_Malaketh_xXi
TimeZone / Location: Gmt UK
Where have you worked before: nowhere in particular ive worked on some servers but i usually stick to building on my server.
Examples of your work:Look on my profile i belive my most impressive piece of work is Bluewynn
Tell me a bit about yourself: I love to build on minecraft and work ok in a team also im not a squeaker ive got a pretty deep voice ahah
Why should we pick you over the others: I'd like a project to work on quite frankly and im quite a good builder (i think)
04/01/2014 2:08 pm
tierdal
Looks good, please stop by rise.risenkingdoms.com and build us a sample in our creative server, then we can do final evaluation and we will set you up with permissions afterwards
03/31/2014 10:05 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
BedrockBuddies
Position: Lore
IGN: Algamer123
TimeZone / Location: UTC 1:00+ Sweden
Where have you worked before: Im a new Lore writer but have been part of big projects in RPG servers
Examples of your work: None
Tell me a bit about yourself: I realy want to spread my ideas and make them as perfect as possible, i can share stuff easily in a group!
03/31/2014 9:19 am
tierdal
still looking for few more
03/28/2014 2:28 pm
tierdal
http://www.risenkingdoms.com/apply

Please submit an application right there so we can get everyone who is interested set up and ready to go
03/28/2014 11:12 am
tierdal
Edited OP about reaching me on the server
03/27/2014 5:00 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Position: Builder/Lore Writer
TimeZone / Location:GMT +1
Where have you worked before:As a builder I've worked before in my server and some friends' servers. Right now I'm part of a building team for a Machinima. As a lore writer, I've been working in this server: 75.176.28.90:25565 (meet me there so I can give you an example of a quest lore). I've also wrote an entrance to a story.
Examples of your work:http://imgur.com/XCD5O5M,4L0bJHz,CZiv48p and http://www.mediafire.com/download/mq2r04llt45x120/Runite.txt
Tell me a bit about yourself:I'm 12. I'm friendly and mature, but I know how to have fun. In my free time I do sports or mess around with my PC doing graphics, playing MC or writing stories.
Why should we pick you over the others: I'm a good builder and writer. I work well in teams and I'm concentrated.
03/27/2014 4:56 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Taco
unicornpenguin
Application:
Position: Writers
IGN:unicornpenguin
TimeZone / Location: US Standard Time
Where have you worked before: Xickles Server
Examples of your work:___
Tell me a bit about yourself:I am an semi-experienced Adventure Writer. I like Fantasy and Mystery Books and love games that focus on sidequesting and exploration. I'm a huge Legend of Zelda Fan and love Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Why should we pick you over the others: Well I am no different than anyone else. You could choose anyone else and be more satisfied than if you had chose me.
03/27/2014 4:18 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
xtremetoxicguy
Position: Builder and Writer
IGN: xtremetoxicguy
Time Zone/Location: Pacific Time, USA
Where have I worked before: My own server, some other server for a while
Examples of my work: Look on my profile/Website: thecreepergame.servegame.com
About myself: I love video games, I'm currently writing a novel, I love JRPGs (Earthbound is the bomb!)
Why you should pick be instead of others: Um...I don't know. I clearly don't know them, but I have to say, I'm a skilled Minecraftian (I played since Alpha)
03/27/2014 4:28 pm
tierdal
alright same with you.. stop by our server, build us a little demonstration of your skills, talk to us, and we see where this goes
03/27/2014 12:14 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
aaang
Application:
Position: [Builder]
IGN: aaang
TimeZone / Location: Germany
Where have you worked before: Naruto-Shinobi-alliance, Legendcraft, mcmedievallords
Examples of your work: I don't have any pics of my buildings but if you want i can build something for you
Tell me a bit about yourself: Well, i am 16 years old and I live in Germany I'm a active MC player i was looking for a medieval RP server since forever._.
Why should we pick you over the others: hmm.. that's hard.. but i think having a staff who is active if you are sleeping would be usefull and if I start something I finish it, I'm never ever sitting around without doing anything.
03/27/2014 2:21 pm
tierdal
you make a good point and I will take you up on that offer to build something to demonstrate. jump in @ rise.risenkingdoms.com and build something for us to look at on our creative server. (when you join do /hub THEN do /creative and THEN go to the 25x25 world an do /plotme auto)
03/27/2014 9:45 am
tierdal
Alright Everyone is messaged, but We are still looking for more
03/26/2014 5:24 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
The High And Mighty
Ok
03/25/2014 9:53 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
The High And Mighty
Position: Builder and Lore Writer (As an aspiring Author myself, I feel that I can contribute in both fields.)
IGN: SkyZipper (Until APRIL. At that point I will change.)
TimeZone: Australian (I live n Asia)
Where have you worked before: I have worked across multiple servers, many of them not on build teams, but my work is constant while motivated, and I usually stay motivated while focused on one thing.
Examples of your work: http://imgur.com/a/kLwu4#0 (For a lot of them, the Lemon Fox server is where it's built.)
Tell me a bit about yourself: Well, with an erratic personality, I can be slightly hard to put in one place. Described as ADHD, but not Diagnosed with it, so there's that. I love to build and write, as this is how I show my creative side. Teachers and students alike are astounded by what goes on inside my brain, and I would put myself at a solid7 on the building scale.
This was a bragging section, right? Or did I do something wrong?
Why should we pick you over the others: I really don't know. Maybe it's the fact that I've already been encouraged on the server to apply, or the fact that I could potentially handle a build and write the Lore for said build without needing to explain myself to others. Possibly that I exude confidence or am generally a fun guy to work. I don't know. But I feel bad about saying that I'm better than others, so I'll let you be the judge of my character.
03/25/2014 3:28 pm
tierdal
i will PM you with details later today
03/25/2014 9:25 am
tierdal
alright both of you if you dont mind discussing this further on TS we can talk this weekend? sorry I got a busy workweek and cant do anything during that time
03/24/2014 3:36 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
MADA
Application:
Position: [Builder / Lore Writer] Builder
IGN: _MADA_
TimeZone / Location: Ireland so Gmt timezone
Where have you worked before: I haven't worked elsewhere
Examples of your work: I have uploaded a world to my profile with my basic wall design and also i will post some pics
Tell me a bit about yourself: I have some experience with world edit and other plugins. I can build on a large scale and make it look good. And I can work w in a team and copy what i am shown or I can work by my own to create a cool yet small area with detail.
Why should we pick you over the others: As you will see from my projects I have the ability to create new designs, that look good and can be used to build things on a large scale.
03/24/2014 3:14 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Blockhead
calum47
Position: [Builder / Lore Writer] Builder

IGN: calum47

TimeZone / Location: Spain

Where have you worked before: Creative-Node and in Block By Block

Examples of your work: Look at my posts on PMC

Tell me a bit about yourself: I'm a really good builder, and I got experience by building a lot on servers.

Why should we pick you over the others: I put a lot of detail on the builds. As I've seen on the pics you posted the builds need details.

P.S. What will we get for building??
03/24/2014 10:08 am
tierdal
still looking
03/21/2014 1:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Unicorn_Girl
pm me
03/21/2014 12:59 pm
tierdal
it doesnt have to be medieval as a sample

but the builds will be mostly medieval
03/21/2014 2:45 am
Level 41 : Master Architect
CJ the magical DJ
I will send it through pm.
03/21/2014 2:42 am
CJ the magical DJ
ok. Does it have to be medieval or any topic i like?
03/20/2014 8:06 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
shadowspade7
Position: Builder
IGN: shadowspade7
TimeZone / Location: USA
Where have you worked before: Where?? I dont understand this question so N/A
Examples of your work: Click on my profile
Tell me a bit about yourself: I own 2 servers and I am very experienced when it comes to redstone and building medieval things.
Why should we pick you over the others: I am a very nice person and I love to help people build or be apart of a build team.

Other Information about me: I am pretty experienced with World Edit and I own an RPG server myself, I have never broken a rule and I love to work as part of a team

Question 1: If successfully become a builder will I be apart of the staff? of the server?
Thanks for reading!
03/20/2014 3:18 pm
tierdal
IF you dont mind stopping by the server or our teamspeak, do so, that way we can talk more
03/20/2014 1:13 am
CJ the magical DJ
Position: [Builder / Lore Writer] I i would like to help write.
IGN: christian122
TimeZone / Location: Australia
Where have you worked before: I haven't worked anywhere else
Examples of your work: I haven't posted them yet but I will be within this week.
Tell me a bit about yourself: I like story writing, texturing and building. I like writing fictional stories and i like RPGs. I like working with other people to in building and writing.
Why should we pick you over the others: I like writing and this project gets me really interested in it and I am really friendly and I am open to listen to others.
03/20/2014 3:19 pm
tierdal
please give me some samples to evaluate you on
03/19/2014 4:17 pm
tierdal
I cannot offer financial compensation at this time. All of the server costs go towards the dedicated machine. I wish I could, but we simply cannot afford it right now. This is for people who want to help, not expect a paycheck. Sorry for not specifying it.
03/19/2014 4:14 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
HypoLiize
Will builders be paid?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome