LoST - League of Story Telling - Thanks for an OK Season 3!

planetblox2000's Avatar planetblox20004/23/15 1:43 pm
1 emeralds 14.7k 444
6/22/2016 8:42 pm
Chron's Avatar Chron

Welcome to LoST, a 16 member, world-cup style competition where contestants write stories that relate to a weekly theme, and at the end of it all, one is crowned the LoST champion.

How Does it Work?
Each -whenever day-, a new theme is released and contestants will be randomly paired up. They then have until -whenever day- of the same week to write and release their stories. Other PMC members then vote in a forum poll, and the user with the most votes goes into the next round.

Rules for the Tournament
1.)All entries must be posted as a blog, entries posted on the thread or PM'd to me will not be counted, until it is posted as a blog.
2.) If both users in a pair are done before the deadline, they can go ahead and post the poll if they both want
3.) If you know you won't be able to make the deadline, please PM me.
4.) If you fail to post a blog by the deadline, or have already notified me about not being able to reach the deadline, your opponent will move on automatically.Unless we have backup peeps.
5.) The usual blog guidelines, of course, apply.

Current Pairs
Brackets for Week 1 are:

Zatharel vs. 500poundsofnothing

ThePixelPony vs. Master G

Svendabomb vs. CrazyPigglet

Lola vs. Pepijn

Exoh vs. Mercer444

Jetra vs. candlevera

-Amy- vs. Havingfun_ISKEY

and finally

Pikamoar vs. Masq

Theme for Week 1
Sci-Fi Comedy!

Like, y'know, Spaceballs. A humorous twist on the classic science fiction theme. Make me laugh out of this world. that wasn't even good But for real, though, write something of the science fiction genre and make it funny. It doesn't have to be satirical but it can be.

Winners
Season 1 - Pikamoar
Season 2 - Chron
planetblox2000
Retired Moderator
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/22/2016 6:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Well, the poll tied, I tied, and the 3 extra people I asked ended up in a tie... So what do you say we call this a joint win by candlevera and CrazyPigglet!

Congratulations to you both, and your trophies will be on their way as soon as I get someone to make them.

Thank you all for making Season 3 slightly less painful than Season 2! I hope at least some of y'all had fun during this process!

I have absolutely no freaking clue what the details of Season 4 will be. I don't think anyone knows. Anyways, thanks again y'all sorry for my incompetence most of the time!
06/22/2016 8:05 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
How did you manage to tie with 3 extra people voting? Chron please
06/22/2016 8:42 pm
Chron
One of them voted for Candle, another one voted for Pigglet, and the third couldn't decide.
06/22/2016 4:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
The poll is tied. The last vote tied it somewhere around 5-10 minutes before the poll went down, rofl.
06/10/2016 1:16 am
candle_
I'd like to get it done before the 12th but I've been very, very busy. It'll probably be done sometime before the 15th. Sorry for the delay but real life has been a pain recently.
05/31/2016 11:05 pm
Chron
Sigh... I remember when we used to get so many more votes on these polls.

Anyways, it's come down to the grand finale.

candlevera vs. CrazyPigglet.

The final theme of the season...

Click to reveal
Who Are You?

This isn't just any story. This is your story. What creature lurks behind the screen? Is it someone we know? Or is it someone we wish we had never known? I can understand that this can be a difficult topic for many, so I'll say this; It doesn't have to be about who you are, it could be about who you want to be, who you were in the past, or anything of that nature. Just make it as powerful of an autobiography as you can make it. And to ramp up the intensity, there's an added twist: You have a 500-word limit. Every word counts in this final fight, so make them all amazing. I believe in you both.

There is no hard deadline for your entries, but if they could be done before I get back from vacation on the 12th, I would really, really appreciate it. Good luck to you both!
05/23/2016 9:59 pm
candle_
05/23/2016 5:35 pm
Level 49 : Master Unicorn
CrazyPigglet
05/23/2016 2:57 pm
Chron
Awesomesauce, polls pls?
05/23/2016 1:42 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Girl
Ahsoka
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/los ... -the-bear/

Mine is done Super Creepy, 10+ be warned.
05/23/2016 10:44 am
CrazyPigglet
05/21/2016 11:49 pm
candle_
that's an incredible coincidence, tbh, I have no problem with it nor should anyone else lol

Same though. I had almost no time to work on it because I have so many more important things going on right now.
05/21/2016 2:08 am
candle_
05/20/2016 7:47 pm
Chron
Because it's the semifinals, and it's a busy time, extending the deadline to Tuesday. I know I said I wasn't going to extend the deadline any more, but, well, I'd rather have people compete than not.

sigh, I hate the public education system
05/14/2016 2:22 pm
candle_
I should be able to participate. I will be gone from May 26th - May 29th, for the most part, which makes it a bit difficult as I need to finish my entry for the site contest as well as the audiovisual content before then.
05/13/2016 11:53 am
Chron
Okay, so they end today. Our brackets are:

candlevera vs. Pikamoar

Ahsoka vs. CrazyPigglet

The theme is:

Click to reveal
Diary of a Household Object

This one should be pretty self-explanatory. Tell a story of life from the perspective of a non-living being. You've got quite a bit of freedom here, really.

Entries are due Monday, the 23rd, same time.

If y'all still want to do this contest, let me know. I know it's a busy time.
05/09/2016 9:36 am
Chron
Alrighty, all of the polls will end on -Thursday because I can't count-. Good luck to y'all.
05/06/2016 11:16 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Scribe
Torm
05/06/2016 11:50 am
candle_
I finished.

It isn't a song, or even a direct story, but it has quite a lot to do with music/song.

Hopefully that's sufficient.

I know I'm the first to upload but I am going to be gone for this weekend and thus don't have time to set up a poll.
05/06/2016 5:08 am
CrazyPigglet
05/05/2016 11:09 pm
Chron
candlevera
ChronBumping the thread because we're still at 3/8 entries (y'all have about a day and a half but still) and apparently nobody reads what I post.

No need to be passive aggressive about it. People aren't going to reply to every single update.

Chill.

Honestly I'm at the point of wanting to drop out because of the incredible stress on me from countless other things, and remarks like that don't help.

I'm not concerned about replies, but it does frustrate me when people don't read the updates and continuously ask me about things when it's right there where it should be. I apologize if my frustration makes you want to drop out, that's not my intent. This should be fun, yes. And the timing is terrible for this contest, but prolonging it would only make things worse.

I'm just trying to keep things as live and updated as possible because the last season fell apart (and you know if fell apart because I won, rather cheaply at that) due to the host's inactivity and the contestants complaining about it, so all I'm requesting is reciprocation.

Sorry.
05/05/2016 3:35 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
05/05/2016 2:54 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Grump
Art Dei Tech
Gj, chron, semifinals are next round i guess xD
05/05/2016 9:41 am
Chron
Bumping the thread because we're still at 3/8 entries (y'all have about a day and a half but still) and apparently nobody reads what I post.
05/05/2016 10:26 pm
candle_
No need to be passive aggressive about it. People aren't going to reply to every single update.

Chill.

Honestly I just want to drop out at this point. I've got better things to do and all this stuff is doing is stressing me out.
05/05/2016 12:57 pm
Level 40 : Master Electrician
-WaffleKing-
I would like to enter.
05/05/2016 1:22 pm
Chron
We're currently in the middle of a season right now, but if someone drops out with an ample amount of time before the deadline, you might have the chance to be added in. If not, you're welcome to join next season, if there is one.
05/04/2016 11:52 am
Chron
Alright, because of individuals who don't have their academic priorities quite in line, I am giving a final extension to Friday.

In addition, Lola dropped out and Torm is taking her place.

This will be the last deadline extension of the competition, because I need this contest done before I graduate.
05/02/2016 9:24 am
Chron
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, but the deadline has been extended to Wednesday night.
05/02/2016 12:47 pm
candle_
Oh, thanks. That'll give me some extra time to get editing/formatting done ^^
04/30/2016 5:23 pm
CrazyPigglet
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/und ... ty-itself/
Here's mine. It's pretty bad tho, I just put it together randomly
04/30/2016 2:18 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Girl
Ahsoka
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/los ... ted-house/ Here is my entry! It's a song I composed!
04/27/2016 1:11 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar

I went with a story about music, because for reason I don't want get into, I didn't want to write a song.
04/26/2016 3:52 pm
candle_
Deadline being 5 days from now seems a bit excessive. I, and others, in all likelihood, have finals to deal with. It might be worth reconsidering and changing it to a week.

It's just going to make it stressful with little apparent benefit. There's a time and a place for harsher deadlines and I don't think it's prudent to do so now.

EDIT: Deadline was changed to the 2nd. Not that bad now.
04/27/2016 1:24 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
ah right, gl hf
04/26/2016 3:48 pm
Chron
I knew that. >.>
04/26/2016 2:47 pm
CrazyPigglet
May 1st is Sunday ._.
04/26/2016 3:33 pm
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
Also Easter for us ._.
04/26/2016 2:32 pm
Chron
Hurrah, Round 1 has finished. Without much in the way of complications. Yaaaaaay!

Alrighty, ladies and gentlemen, it's finally time for Round 2!

Here's our brackets:

Pikamoar vs. Lola

Zatharel vs. candlevera

Mercer vs. Ahsoka

PixelPony vs. CrazyPigglet

And here's our theme:

The theme is... *drumroll*
Music!

You can either write a song, or even a story centralized around the concept of music. There is one requirement, however. Your story must include a jukebox (a song that is paired with the blog for added effect) to add that truly musical feel to the story. Other than that, go wild! :3

Alrighty, today's Tuesday... Your deadline will be Monday, May 2nd, at 11:59:59 PM GMT.

gl hf

And let me know by PM if there's going to be any complications.
04/26/2016 11:49 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel

I didn't realise that we had to post there.

Here's mine!
04/25/2016 10:33 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Ahsoka won by 2 votes; I can't post an image right now.
04/25/2016 12:22 pm
candle_

Results of our poll.
04/25/2016 2:54 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
It's the 25th for me.

Gratz Lola and good luck in round 2 everyone!
04/24/2016 5:18 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar

It was close, really close.
04/24/2016 4:51 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
04/24/2016 5:40 pm
Chron
Dangit, I didn't get a chance to break it. Guess I'll decide now...

The win goes to Mercer, since I felt his comedy was a bit stronger and I love the Tumblr post that it's inspired by. Props to Exoh for managing to bring Dante into the mix, though.
04/23/2016 11:16 am
Chron
Alright, polls will be ending soon, on these days:

Svenda and CrazyPigglet: 23rd
Mercer and Exoh, Master G and PixelPony, Pikamoar and Masq, Destiny Gene and candlevera: 24th
Pepijn and Lola, Havingfun_ISKEY and Ahsoka: 25th

The next round should begin on the 26th.

(If a forum mod could lock the posts on those days, or if the OP could stop the poll, that'd be great. Just post a screenshot of the results in this thread.)
04/23/2016 11:18 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome