Minecon 2012 - Server Edition℠ - Closed

AyreTV's Avatar AyreTV9/12/12 8:34 am
1 emeralds 22.7k 1.7k
5/26/2015 9:02 am
AyreTV's Avatar AyreTV

Ladies and gentleblocks, boys and girls, we are proud to announce that Minecon Server Edition 2013 will take place!

With more games, booths and awesome speakers such as BebopVox, Slamacow and Deadlox!

Go and check out the new PMC forum thread here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecon-server-edition-2013-t182622.html

We also have a new website! http://www.minecon.se

================================================================

The IP for booth builders is - mc.ayre.tv

Check out the website - http://www.minecon.se

THERE IS NO MORE FILMING ALLOWED ON THE SERVER UNTIL THE EVENT! IF WE SEE ANYMORE IT WILL RESULT IN A BAN AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT!

Hello Minecrafters!

For those of you that wish to attend Minecon this year but are unable to do so, we have come up with something that will get you involved wherever you are!

We will be hosting the equivalent of Minecon but on a server with hundreds of slots avaliable. We are also allowing ANYONE to have their own booth in the Minecon hall, free of charge.

In the event, there will also be a variety of games that anyone can join in with:

- Spleef
- PvP
- Parkour Challenge

There will also be some competitions which you can enter/watch:

- Spleef Championship
- PvP Tournament

This will be a one day event on 17th-18th November 2012 lasting from 6pm-6pm GMT, meaning that anyone will be able to make it!

Speakers:

- George and Mason - AyreTV owners and Minecon Server Edition Hosts
- Paril - PMC Super Mod
- Block_Fortress - PMC Mod and Amazing Builder
- OliverFrenchie and Xenocide - Machinima Partner and PMC bloggers
- Sneeze7 - PMC Mod
- Fadel and Peter - Owners of McServerTracker.com
- Craftdan - Machinima Director
- Peva - PevaTV Owner
- Rova and Lynchyinc - Angel Block Society Founders
- Bohtauri - Project 1845 Founder
- Pivotphone, Snipey92 and Kylezebomb – Creative-Node
- iRapp - Mithrintia Acadamy Owner
- Vaecon - Owner of the Vaecon Network
- Jed - Colliding Fate

Organisations Attending:

- AngelBlockSociety
- Infini Garde
- The PMC Skinning Association
- PevaTV
- Creative-Node
- PlanetMinecraft
- The Voxel Box
- Colliding Fate
- The Mithrintia Academy
- The Vaecon Network
- The Sapling Army
- Minecrafted
- The Royal Squid Society

We will be posting video footage and interviews of the event on our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/AyreVideos

We are also looking for some speakers for the mainstage. For this you must have a reasonable amount of subscribers on YouTube or views on your site. You will be set a time limit on the stage (it won't be short!) to talk to a whole audience of Minecrafters. You will also be able to use Twitch to livestream officially to them!

We will also be creating some VIP slots. These people will have access to the VIP lounge and will be able to meet those people who have been on the stage. The VIP rank will be donation only at the cheap price of £5. (It can be paid to - money@ayre.tv - on Paypal). We cannot give any refunds.
ALL DONATIONS HELP TO FUND THE EVENT

There will be 1 hall for the stalls to be placed into. In the middle of these halls will be bigger stalls, these are for big companies/YouTube channels/websites who wish to be at the event. On the sides of these halls will be all the smaller stalls.

We are also having a competition for the best booth (only applies to normal booths), and the prizes are VIP tickets for up to four of the booth members.

If you wish to have a stall at this amazing event, please use this application and post below:
Click to reveal
Stall Application
Name:
IGN:
Organization Type (YouTube/website etc.):
Organization Name:
How many people you want with you:
Their IGNs:
Your Country:

If you are a big company/YouTuber/website and you wish to be a host on stage, or have a big booth, please contact: george@ayre.tv and make the subject 'Minecon'.

That is all we have to say! We will be trying to get some big people (The Yogscast/Notch etc.) to attend and to hopefully go on stage.

Please do not ask to help with the building or to be a moderator, as we already have enough people. Also, please do not ask us to work out what time it will be for you, it is really easy to work out on the internet and we do not have time.

If you wish to advertise your company/YouTube channel at the event in a bigger way than a booth, please email george@ayre.tv with the subject: 'Minecon Sponsor'.

If you have any questions about Minecon 2012 - Server Edition then please email george@ayre.tv with the subject 'Minecon Help'.

If you would like to donate and help us make the Minecon 2012 - Server Edition videos even better! Donate to - money@ayre.tv - on Paypal.

We will also be selling Minecon 2012 - Server Edition merchandise on Spreadshirt, so if you have any ideas of what you would like to wear leave a comment!

http://ayretv.spreadshirt.co.uk/

We look forward to seeing you there!

George and Mason

AyreTV Owners

We are being officially sponsored by http://www.MCServerTracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.Peva.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poll ended 11/07/2012 10:50 am.

AyreTV
Level 44 : Master Gent

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2015 9:02 am
AyreTV
Make sure you check out the rebranded event, Cubed!, for this year! Grab a ticket on our website and follow our Twitter.

http://www.cubedcon.com
http://www.twitter.com/cubedcon

New thread: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/cubed-the-largest-game-minecraft-convention-4th-6th-t490032.html
09/22/2013 11:37 am
AyreTV
Make sure that you get your ticket to Minecon Server Edition 2013! Remember, they're FREE!

http://www.minecon.se/tickets
07/24/2013 2:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
tomgaffgames26
I'm going! I already applied and can't wait untill the event!Too bad I'll have to go to school that day.
06/02/2013 12:10 pm
AyreTV
We have re-added the download link onto the MSE 2012 Map! Go and download!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/minecon---server-edition-venue/
05/31/2013 2:57 am
AyreTV
While we are in the MSE2012 chat, remember to check out this highlights video from the event!

05/27/2013 1:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
bloxParadise_
Awesome, can't wait.
05/28/2013 8:36 am
AyreTV
Neither can we!
05/28/2013 11:16 pm
Level 21 : Expert Mage
Bodrew
Erm, lol? Isn't it over? xD

Edit: Just saw the new post! Can't wait either!
05/27/2013 12:54 pm
AyreTV

Ladies and gentleblocks, boys and girls, we are proud to announce that Minecon Server Edition 2013 will take place!

With more games, booths and awesome speakers such as BebopVox, Slamacow and Deadlox!

Go and check out the new PMC forum thread here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecon-server-edition-2013-t182622.html

We also have a new website! http://www.minecon.se
11/21/2012 6:35 am
The_One99
could somebody white-list me please.
11/21/2012 7:17 am
Level 29 : Expert Princess
Hollask
-_-
11/20/2012 8:57 pm
Orangutang123
Ticket Claim
Name: Nick
IGN: Orangutang13
How many tickets: 1
Your Country: United States Of America
11/20/2012 9:12 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Dohvakiin
ITS F*****G CLOSED
11/20/2012 4:11 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
Hollask
*Sigh* People never listen do they? Once again the event has already happened!
Thought I'd save you from having to say it Ayre.
11/20/2012 4:08 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
CuteBlock
AyreTV
SERVER IP FOR THE EVENT: 5.9.39.108

BOOTH APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!

The IP for booth builders is - mc.ayre.tv

Check out the website - http://www.minecon.se

THERE IS NO MORE FILMING ALLOWED ON THE SERVER UNTIL THE EVENT! IF WE SEE ANYMORE IT WILL RESULT IN A BAN AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT!

Hello Minecrafters!

For those of you that wish to attend Minecon this year but are unable to do so, we have come up with something that will get you involved wherever you are!

We will be hosting the equivalent of Minecon but on a server with hundreds of slots avaliable. We are also allowing ANYONE to have their own booth in the Minecon hall, free of charge.

In the event, there will also be a variety of games that anyone can join in with:

- Spleef
- PvP
- Parkour Challenge

There will also be some competitions which you can enter/watch:

- Spleef Championship
- PvP Tournament

This will be a one day event on 17th-18th November 2012 lasting from 6pm-6pm GMT, meaning that anyone will be able to make it!

Speakers:

- George and Mason - AyreTV owners and Minecon Server Edition Hosts
- Paril - PMC Super Mod
- Block_Fortress - PMC Mod and Amazing Builder
- OliverFrenchie and Xenocide - Machinima Partner and PMC bloggers
- Sneeze7 - PMC Mod
- Fadel and Peter - Owners of McServerTracker.com
- Craftdan - Machinima Director
- Peva - PevaTV Owner
- Rova and Lynchyinc - Angel Block Society Founders
- Bohtauri - Project 1845 Founder
- Pivotphone, Snipey92 and Kylezebomb – Creative-Node
- iRapp - Mithrintia Acadamy Owner
- Vaecon - Owner of the Vaecon Network
- Jed - Colliding Fate

Organisations Attending:

- AngelBlockSociety
- Infini Garde
- The PMC Skinning Association
- PevaTV
- Creative-Node
- PlanetMinecraft
- The Voxel Box
- Colliding Fate
- The Mithrintia Academy
- The Vaecon Network
- The Sapling Army
- Minecrafted
- The Royal Squid Society

We will be posting video footage and interviews of the event on our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/AyreVideos

We are also looking for some speakers for the mainstage. For this you must have a reasonable amount of subscribers on YouTube or views on your site. You will be set a time limit on the stage (it won't be short!) to talk to a whole audience of Minecrafters. You will also be able to use Twitch to livestream officially to them!

We will also be creating some VIP slots. These people will have access to the VIP lounge and will be able to meet those people who have been on the stage. The VIP rank will be donation only at the cheap price of £5. (It can be paid to - money@ayre.tv - on Paypal). We cannot give any refunds.
ALL DONATIONS HELP TO FUND THE EVENT

There will be 1 hall for the stalls to be placed into. In the middle of these halls will be bigger stalls, these are for big companies/YouTube channels/websites who wish to be at the event. On the sides of these halls will be all the smaller stalls.

We are also having a competition for the best booth (only applies to normal booths), and the prizes are VIP tickets for up to four of the booth members.

If you wish to have a stall at this amazing event, please use this application and post below:
Click to reveal
Stall Application
Name:
IGN:
Organization Type (YouTube/website etc.):
Organization Name:
How many people you want with you:
Their IGNs:
Your Country:

If you are a big company/YouTuber/website and you wish to be a host on stage, or have a big booth, please contact: george@ayre.tv and make the subject 'Minecon'.

That is all we have to say! We will be trying to get some big people (The Yogscast/Notch etc.) to attend and to hopefully go on stage.

Please do not ask to help with the building or to be a moderator, as we already have enough people. Also, please do not ask us to work out what time it will be for you, it is really easy to work out on the internet and we do not have time.

If you wish to advertise your company/YouTube channel at the event in a bigger way than a booth, please email george@ayre.tv with the subject: 'Minecon Sponsor'.

If you have any questions about Minecon 2012 - Server Edition then please email george@ayre.tv with the subject 'Minecon Help'.

If you would like to donate and help us make the Minecon 2012 - Server Edition videos even better! Donate to - money@ayre.tv - on Paypal.

We will also be selling Minecon 2012 - Server Edition merchandise on Spreadshirt, so if you have any ideas of what you would like to wear leave a comment!

http://ayretv.spreadshirt.co.uk/

We look forward to seeing you there!

George and Mason

AyreTV Owners

We are being officially sponsored by http://www.MCServerTracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.Peva.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Name:
IGN:
Organization Type (YouTube/website etc.): dont have
Organization Name: dont have
How many people you want with you:1
Their IGNs: kickass2300
Your Country: denmark
11/20/2012 3:34 pm
AyreTV
Guys, the event has closed!

Can you please stop asking to be whitelisted or where to get a ticket!

It says on all of the posts it is closed!

AyreTV
11/20/2012 2:52 pm
aao_kings
i have sumited a tickit but im still not whight listed can i plzzz be ive been wating 3 days my ing is aao_kings
11/20/2012 2:07 pm
AyreTV
If you want to know what happened, Mojang's login error threw the whole team off and the staff were unsure on what they had to do in order to fix the problems.

We have had very positive feedback from over 90% of the people going and the next event which s being worked on from now till late next year will sort out all of the problems from this year.

People involved in this involve Vaecon, PevaTV, Creative-Node, Mithrintia and more.

All issues with the VIP is that people overloaded our website and we could not process most of them, especially due to the amount of work we had to do sorting out problems.

In supporting the other event, we don't mind that they are doing it but we don't want them posting on our thread about it as all it does is try to get attention to their event and has no relevance to what our thread is about. We would support it, if we had enough time due to our Youtube and the 9-10 months we are using for school work and planning next years to make it the best it can possibly be.

Also to the matter of our hoster, he cut our server unexpectedly due to lag with his other clients. We have resolved this problem, but have chosen to use a different hoster for next year

If you did have a problem during the event then we are sorry, and we are trying to make sure these problems do not occur next year.

AyreTV
11/20/2012 2:46 pm
ma2terch13f96
If you think a minecon server edition by someone else is irrelevant to the thread, you must be forgetting that the whole thread was about the exact same thing. that's far from irrelevant. either way, any excuses about supporting us are rubbish, seen as me and my friend BOTH have our work cut out for us in the next 6 months, with college, planning and organizing our attempt at a server edition minecon, and trying to run our youtube channels at the same time. it takes less than a couple minutes to just say "yep, we support you" and then go post things to say that we're hosting a similar event to the one you hosted. the bonus of doing that to you? we do it right back. i have less than 50 subs. my friend has over 3000, which is more than you have. if you want publicity and more subs, help us out, and we'll return the favor. and we'd also be more than happy to reserve a booth for you too.

i'll leave you to think about it. and yes, i was probably a little harsh with the downputs. it wasn't that bad, and the login server problems didn't help the whole thing. and to be fair, hosting such a large event is hard work, not only setting it up, but keeping it running smoothly too.

-chief
11/20/2012 2:03 pm
Ceeborne
I GOT TICKETS
THANKS MINECON!!

-CEEBORNE
11/20/2012 1:14 pm
ESH00
I have applyed My username is ESH00
11/20/2012 10:43 am
AyreTV
Take a look at Minecon 2013 - Server Edition!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post1600793.html#p1600793

More information will be released next year!

11/20/2012 10:11 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
cn6620
We have only just started this we are not "Coasting" I was only letting everyone know then im creating my own thread once we have got the details finalised
11/20/2012 10:14 am
AyreTV
Getting views from advertising on someones work seems to be coasting to me. If you want to make a legit name for yourself doing this, start your thread and get views onto it whilst not spamming up other peoples things with something they do not want there.
11/20/2012 1:17 pm
ma2terch13f96
getting views? i don't think so. to start with, there isn't a link. someone who was trying to "coast" of a thread would have put a link in to start with, otherwise what's the point. not to mention the fact that you've got the wrong attitude about this whole thing. TNG are having their own go at what you did, and you should be supportive, not trying to put them down. and to be fair, it'd be hard to do worse than you did. you didn't set out enough rules on the server for one, and your whole team's attitude (from what i could tell) was completely off. i'll give you that the connection problems at the start of the event were not under your control, and i appreciate if that threw you off, but the event itself was a shambles, even once you'd got over the problematic start. not to mention the fact you overplugged your own group, and nearly completely ignored your host.

If you put anywhere near as much time and effort into organizing the event as i know TNG are going to be putting into it (20+ people working for the next 6 months), then i'm amazed that it turned out so badly. and yes, you heard me, 6 months. it's planned for about may, so when it gets round to may, we'll see how well it goes. and i wish you luck with your november hosting next year. hopefully it'll go better now you know what you did wrong.

and before i go, i'd like to point out that i am not part of TNG. i have my own group, not to mention my own youtube channel, which i put first and foremost. i'm merely helping my friend, who is the creator of TNG, to make our event a success. if you decide to stop bitching about "coasting" and start supporting us, we'll return the favor once our event is done. otherwise, you're just showing how bad an attitude you actually have. if you're unable to support someone else's attempts at something you did, you don't deserve any support from anyone.

-chief
11/20/2012 1:22 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc691442
[deleted]
11/20/2012 1:20 pm
AyreTV
We are not stopping them doing what they are doing, we just don't appreciate them advertising an event similar to this on our thread.
11/20/2012 10:09 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Bethamez
Alrighty :3
11/20/2012 10:09 am
kirea2
When does the event begin??
11/20/2012 9:55 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Bethamez
Ayre, you want this locked to prevent all that nonsense?
11/20/2012 10:08 am
AyreTV
No thanks We still have some uses to make for it.
11/20/2012 9:53 am
AyreTV
cn6620Hey guys TNG Gaming is going to be hosting 'TheNextGeneration Minecon' in May 2013, make sure to look out for the forum post. We already have a server sponsor and have got nearly 600 slots for the event.
The event details are yet to be confirmed but what we know so far is:

- 2 day event
- 1st day is ticketed, 2nd day is open to everyone
- fun games
- much more information to come soon. If you would like to be prioritised in boothing or tickets make sure to message me soon. We are currently building the Map and will be taking applications soon.

Please go advertise somewhere else. If all you can do is coast of our thread then I'm not expecting much....
11/20/2012 9:49 am
sethig1209
please white list me username sethig1209
11/20/2012 9:47 am
sethig1209
PLEASE PLEASE WHITE-LIST ME PLEASE username: sethig1209 (no capitals)
11/20/2012 8:51 am
AyreTV
We really care for your opinions for the event guys! Please tell us what you liked, what you enjoyed doing and what you would like to see improved/added!
11/20/2012 8:32 am
Minecraft[FTW]
Can i plz be whitelisted? i have ticket ING: olern123
11/20/2012 2:10 am
FrickFlock
This was an awesome event!
11/19/2012 9:33 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Musician
Mapler54
Hello MCSE2013!(Maybe)
11/19/2012 9:26 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
RM_Epic
Goodbye MCSE2012!
11/19/2012 6:47 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Musician
Mapler54
The event was amazingly fun.I thought Spleef was the best. :3
11/19/2012 5:47 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
RM_Epic
It's very funny to me how the event is over and people are still trying to get tickets.
11/19/2012 5:23 pm
Level 20 : Expert Warrior
ImNotToasted
Yeah you should be hosting it again next year
11/19/2012 5:10 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jayjay0101
It Was Pretty Awesome
11/19/2012 4:36 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
Seems like I can't log into the server, just stops at "Logging in..."