Minecraft Custom Modded Server [RPG - Unique]

LuxLacis's Avatar LuxLacis12/28/13 10:54 am
12/29/2013 11:31 am
ShadowFinder101's Avatar ShadowFinder101
Hey Guys, So I'm thinking of creating a server that has pretty much has just custom MODs & Plugins, well at least 80% custom. But I'm a little bit unsure as the server I'm thinking to create is similar to a faction server, with mods.

Here's a very brief description of the server:

The server is going to have a custom client, so you would have to download a separate file, like the Technic Launcher but with the mods I pick out and the ones that have been specifically created for this server. The client will be similar to the vanilla Minecraft, but just will different buttons images and all that jazz.

Also you will be able to pick a class that will allow you to have cool abilities. A Knight will have an extra damage/defence points. Archer will be able to pull the bow twice as fast. axeman will be able damage armour very easily when using an axe. The Mage will have a Mana bar just below the EXP bar, this will allow him to use staffs and magic scrolls. Each class can only use their weapons and wear only their type of armour. This is kinda the major part of the server...

There will be many new mobs that will be modelled with care and animated, a lot of new blocks and items with special behaviours and other cool things. Different terrain and biomes and many more amazing features. The server will be based on clans/empires but also heavily aimed to ADVENTURE. Basically you have around 4-5 different worlds (not including nether and the end), you can only claim land in the Overworld (main world) and another higher rank world, where there's going to be much harder mobs and more loot. Other worlds are for extra resources, bosses, and other epic things. They will be completely new worlds similar the Twilight forest in the Tekkit pack but more epic! Also I'm thinking of having keys and custom portal to different worlds which you can create/obtain by doing gathering/forging different items.For example to get into one world you would need to beat a boss and get an item which allows you to travel to another world only once. In that world there's like really rare resources and many new mobs and structures. This server will focus alot on ADVENTURE, PVP & TEAMWORK. You would be able to create/join a clan that will allow you to protect chests in they are inside the claimed land and and obviously claim land and get cool perks, also to create a clan you will have to pay in game currency. There will be of course a raiding method but that would be very hard to do because I dont want people to go crazy with it, like with the regular faction plugin. Also later on I might add a very cool quest mod, that is totally amazing and very easy to use.

There isn't just going to be custom coded mods, but plugins too! One example is the clans/empires plugin, this will allow you to make the clan and claim land. There will also be an enhanced chat plugin and many more amazing plugins. The plugins will have to work together with the mods and vice versa. The unique currency system will also be used and integrated plugins.

Here are some of the worlds (VERY BRIEF):
*Overworld - normal world, nothing much here except you can claim land here. Some new mobs and structures will also be present.
*Nether - New dungens, mobs, maybe a couple new ores... That's it so far...
*The End - Nothing new here...yet.
*Tethelium - Same terrain blocks as the overworld, except this world have many new mobs, ores, structures, different biomes. It's pretty hard you get here...
*World 5 (no name) - This is similar to the 'Tethelium world' slightly different terrain. You can claim land here, this is like the upgraded overworld (you cannot have claimed land in the overworld to claim land here).
*World 6 (no name) - This is a Skyland dimension, different grass, stone etc. In this world there will be multiple mazes and bosses and of course boss temples (similar to the Aether, but better). A few extra ores, including some of the ores in the other dimensions too.
*World 7 (no name) - This dimension is EXTREMELY hard to get to, here you will find many new mobs and bosses... it's very hard to survive here. The reason for this world is because it cotains the ingrediants for the extra rare items (you can call them Legendary...) very unique landscape and just overall awesome!

This is what I need help with:
***MAIN QUESTION***What could make this more unique? Right now, it's looks similar to a faction server, with mods. I want to make as original as possible, help me out by throwing your ideas at me.

*Which era should this server be based on? I was thinking older times, but not 100% sure (classes can be changed to fit the era).

*Some names for the worlds and what to add in them?

*Plugins Development...
*MOD Development...

If you would like to join the 'Team' just fill this out and I'll take a look. You need to be experienced.... If you don't want to share your info with everyone just PM me.

Name:
IGN:
What makes you good at what you do?:
Are you in it for the moneys?:
How much time a week will you be able to dedicate to this?:
Previous Work:
Skype name (this is for quicker communications, if you don't want to speak you don't have to):

Thank you for reading!!!!
LuxLacis
Level 42 : Master Fox