Minecraft default font

WarmasterCain55's Avatar WarmasterCain5510/3/15 11:01 pm
1 emeralds 3.7k 8
10/16/2015 2:19 am
WarmasterCain55's Avatar WarmasterCain55
So as I have found out, my normal texture pack doesn't want to run well anymore on my laptop so I'm going back to default for the time being. However I want to keep the font from the pack. I don't know if I'm an idioit but I'm having trouble locating the font folder/file where I can replace it in the default MC version. I'm not sure if it's possible but I want to do it if at all possible as it's easier on my eyes.

Can someone assist?
WarmasterCain55
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/16/2015 2:19 am
WarmasterCain55
Alright, I jumped the gun. Took me a while and a couple of tut videos but I figured out how to make the resource pack, adjust what I want and zip it up for mc. Thanks for getting me started guys.
10/16/2015 1:46 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
You need a pack.png and a pack.mcmeta, for these you can get off the original texturepack for the font. And open pack.mcmeta with notepad, notepad++ or sublime text and say font only
10/16/2015 1:40 am
WarmasterCain55
I don't think i'm doing it right. I tried making a zip file of the asset folder of the 1.8 folder and replaced the folder and putting it in the resource folder but MC is not registering the new zip file. I have liteloader and forge installed as well. Did I make the resource pack wrong?
10/09/2015 9:14 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
open resource packs folder in minecraft. Go into your resource pack's .zip and click the following once ur inside your resource pack file.

Click:
assets
minecraft
textures
font

There you have it! Now just download a .zip folder and input the font texture into it and turn it into a single resource pack.
10/09/2015 4:46 pm
Latiodile

Its in the minecraft jar, thats why i said to use a resource pack
10/09/2015 4:43 pm
WarmasterCain55
Can you direct me to where it is specifically? nothing is coming up in the search when I look in the .minecraft directories. To be clear, I'm not talking about the font in a different resource pack, but rather the ascii file in the default texture pack
10/07/2015 4:23 pm
Latiodile
The font file is usually called ascii.png, i would suggest get a font pack and just replace the font with the one you want
10/07/2015 4:09 pm
WarmasterCain55
Any suggestions on this or is this impossible?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome