Minecraft Science Fiction Machinima Recruitment

Tilairgan's Avatar Tilairgan4/18/15 3:11 pm
1 emeralds 163
Hello! My name is expectoapple64. I am starting a new Firefly/Star Trek inspired Machinima Web Series called Espial. Here is a small summary of what the show will be about:

It is the year 5023. An unknown apocalyptic event moved the Human race away from Earth. The humans moved to billions of other systems in dozens of different galaxies. Some of the planets in the systems contained life while others did not. Some scientists still try their best to figure out the cause of the Apocalyptic event that occured two thousand years earlier. Others learn the history of the other planets in the other systems by mining and searching for lost artifacts that most would find valuable. The show takes place on a mining ship called Espial. The crew of the ship explore the galaxies to discover the secrets of the other systems.

Character Info:
Thomas V. Montoya - Captain of the Espial and Main Character; Very Emotional Yet Mean Person; Cares deeply about crew but refuses to show it; Often grieves over the only girl he ever loved, Beatrice, who died five years ago; American Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (29)

Timothy Kidd - First Mate and Youngest Crewmember on the Ship; Very Mature Yet Always Tries to Find Time for Childish Behavior. American Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (16)

Christian Oliver - Engineer of Ship; Lower Body is Completely Dead; Heart needs Special Machine for Support. Australian Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (27)

Amanda Flores (VOICE ROLE TAKEN) - Ship’s Scientist; Judgemental Towards the rest of the Crew when it comes to Science. British Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (24)

Joshua Harding (VOICE ROLE TAKEN) - Ship’s Mercenary; Very Strong, Brave and Always Takes Chances; Always trying to get on Amanda’s nerves and usually succeeds. American Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (27)

Connor Harding (VOICE ROLE TAKEN) - Ship’s Doctor and Younger Brother of Joshua; Also Very Strong and Brave but far nicer and more intelligent than Joshua; Often shown on the Medical/Research Deck of the Ship with Samantha. American Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (25)

Unit 64 (VOICE ROLE TAKEN) - One of the two last Surviving Subjects of the Azura Project; Lost of his memory and his true identity; Given the Ability to Use His Mind to Control Computers and Operating Systems, Unit 64 went insane during an experiment and killed everybody including the Scientists and the Other Test Subjects. His ability granted him immortality and the ability to never age. He uses his ability to Salvage Other Ships and threaten to Torture the crews for obedience. He takes the ships on his Journey to find out his true identity and he will eliminate anything that gets in his way. He is notorious. He is insane. Nothing will stop him; Unknown Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: An Unknown Universe (Actual Age is Unknown While Physical Age is 31)

Unit 82/Beatrice - The Second of the Last Surviving Subjects of the Azura Project; Also lost of her memory and true identity, Beatrice was kidnapped from her parents at age ten and was supposed to have her brain activated to the ability of Unit 64. Before her brain was supposed to be activated, Beatrice managed to escape Unit 64 on the day he went mad. She is found in a Hibernation Pod by Captain Thomas Montoya and his crew on the now destroyed station after sending a distress signal. After being told of what happened, Tom gives her the name Beatrice after his lost love due to a very close resemblance. He keeps her safe on the ship where Amanda and Connor teach her anything she wasn’t yet taught. Unknown Descent; Introduction Episode and Age When Introduced: Innocent Minds (Actual Age is Unknown While Physical Age is 15)

Lewis Harrison (VOICE ROLE TAKEN) - Captain of the Espial before Montoya; Killed in action and passed the role of Captain to Montoya before his death; Russian Descent; Introduction Episode: An Unknown Universe; Resurrection Episode and Physical Age When Resurrected: Undecided (47)

So here's what we need:

-Voice Actors
-Body Actors
-Skin Designers
-Episode Writers (Because I can't write every episode for who knows how long I'll be doing this.)

Voice Actor Requirements

1. Know your character.
2. You will be sent a script that you must record all your lines for by a certain deadline.
3. I don't know how long this Series will last. If you choose to quit, please find a voice that sounds similar to yours.
4. Be a good actor and actually be your character. You aren't required to take professional acting lessons, but I do not want an emotionless performance. Convince me and you will convince the audience.
5. Have a good, High Quality Mic. I don't want any static or background noises.
6. Learn about the other characters as you might have some information about how you react to situations in the directions.
7. I know there are a lot of kids out there that are hopeful to get their voices on YouTube, but I need the voice to match the age of the character. That means if I need a kid, I'll call out to them. You don't necessarily have to be a 50 year old man to play Lewis Harrison, but I would prefer that you can make your voice sound the age of your character.

Body Actor Requirements

1. Be able to Show Up during Filming times which will usually be on Saturdays.
2. FIND AN UNDERSTUDY! I can't stress this enough. If you are not able to make an episode and I need you in the episode, make sure that you know full well who will replace you for that episode.
3. Obey all of the Directions
4. This is a Series which means I have no clue how long it will last. If you choose to quit, find a replacement.
5. Know your role. Movements are expressions too. You need to know what is going on at what moment and know what your character would do at that moment based on the script.
6. You must have Skype, Teamspeak, or Ventrilio
7. I only need Minecraft Body Actors
8. You must have Minecraft for the PC.

Episode Writer Requirements

1. Keep it Original
2. Keep it friendly to the plot of any known Previous Episodes
3. Notify me of a Two Part Episode
4. You must find the voice actors for any new characters you bring in (LOOK IN THE VOICE ACTOR REQUIREMENTS). If you like them, send them to me.
5. Write it in the form of a Script.
6. It must be done through Google Docs that way I can see your work and correct anything that would interfere with other episodes.
7. Don't worry about Stage directions for scenes that take place on the ship as of now because I'll be adding those on until the design is done.
8. Know the Characters.
9. There is one character that will be introduced pretty late in the series. It has not been decided yet. Please do not include the resurrection in any of your episodes, but you can include small flashbacks and stories of him.
10. Episodes should have a run time of 15 to 20 minutes.

Skin Designer Requirements

1. Use the Steve template.
2. Make them look pretty and identifiable.
3. I don't care if they're blonde or brunette, black or white, as long as they look good.
4. Use original skin parts. I better not find any parts on the online skin creators.
5. Fit the Sci-Fi Adventure Genre.
6. Have it fit the personality and occupation of the character.
7. No robotic parts unless it says the character has them.
8. I'll be choosing the best skins that best fit the characters and fit the requirements.

That's pretty much it. Sign up through the forums, Kik: expectoapple64, Line: TU_SkyTrek_SF, or Email: expectogames@gmail.com. Tell me what you want to apply for and I'll help you with it.
Tilairgan
Level 1 : New Explorer