How to get players on your Minecraft serverexposure_plus_1

Teddysol7's Avatar Teddysol76/30/20 7:58 pm
1 emeralds 71
unfortunately, starting up a Minecraft server can be very difficult. it is hard to get your first few players and even harder to keep them on your server. there are many ways to advertise and improve your server and I am going to tell you some.

if you want to help me out, join my server the ip is gumblecraft.fun

FREE ADVERTISING:
there are many ways to advertise your server and show other people it.

1 PMC forum topics. make forum topics on the servers forum. make them long and detailed about why the person reading this should come onto your server. also add some pictures and maybe even some colored text and formats

2 make a PMC server post. make a post on the servers section of PMC. add images and descriptions of your server, and also colors and formats to make it appealing to the eye

3 advertise on free server lists. free server lists such as "Minecraft server list" or "minebrowse" don't do much unless you do step 4, because it is very hard to get even close to the top of the list.

4 install votifier. this one is pretty self explanatory. it isn't that hard to do and it is very rewarding, if one of your players votes for you, they get a reward, its usually some sort of crate, but you can be as creative as you want.

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE, COMMENT THEM AND I CAN ADD THEM

PAID ADVERTSING

there are a lot of ways to pay for things, whether its more votes or VIP on topg.

1 fiverr. there are a few gigs on fiverr that will advertise your server. they can be advertising your discord server (if you have one) or getting more votes on a server list. these can be pretty usefull

2 VIP. on places like topg, you can pay to get VIP. VIP allows your server to be at the top of the list and get a certain amount of votes every month (i think 100 or so) so this is very usefull when starting out.

FREE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR SERVER
there are many free ways to improve your server, a lot of it is DIY tho

1 staff. every good server has good staff. dont just hire anyone who comes on, set some limits. maybe they should be on the server for a week, enjoy the server, ect. you should also make a google form for an application, instead of manually interviewing. and beware of staff hunters, these are people who dont care about your server and just want to be staff, they go from small server, to small server, looking for staff.

2 builds. either hire a builder for free or do it yourself, builds are a must have with any server. you want your players to be dazzled when they first come on your server. you want them to stay. players who go onto a server to find a spawn that was obviously built in half an hour, they will leave.

3 gamemodes. all servers have to have a game mode. when you are starting out, pick one game mode and stick with it. one thing that i did wrong, was i added to many gamemodes to quickly. if you have only 3 players on, but 6 gamemodes, they will feel alone and they will leave, maybe every 10 usual you have on the server, add a new gamemode.

4 plugins. all servers need plugins. for a kitpvp server, you would need a plugin for custom kits, ect. survival would need, a /wild command and land claims. servers without plugins can be very boring and dull, you will seem incompetent for the role as owner.

PAID WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR SERVER
whether its staff or the hosting some of these are not optional

1 staff. i am putting this again because a lot of staff want to be paid, devs and builders are the hardest to find for free, because what they are doing is probably the hardest staff role. builders will usually be paid by size of build and devs for amount of plugins, they can be pretty cheap like 10 bucks a plugin, but it is still money

2 hosting. unless you have a great PC, you probably use a host like apex hosting or pebblehost. it is good to start small, maybe 3-4 gigs of ram, but once you get more players, you will need to updrade, i suggest pebblehost because they have really good deals and there premium servers are like 18 bucks a month for 8 gigs.

I hope your server the best and that this post will help your server grow. and once again, join my server gumblecraft.fun
Teddysol7
Level 11 : Journeyman Taco