Need collective funding for survival server/ admins

kk125's Avatar kk1251/18/13 9:59 pm
1 emeralds 84
Hello people whom are reading this post. I am asking the community if any of you would like to help in the funding of a minecraft server. Now that is a bold question as it is also very rude. But let me get to the point... I am going to be starting my second minecraft server as my second one was very successful and 2 is better than one. I am planning that many of you are interested by the end of this post and chip in. By doing so we are all able to pay a small portion Now of course you would wonder why give a random guy money? Well the answer is... I am planning that everyone who will help out for this first few months gives 5-10 USD and then the server gets full funding from donations via buy-craft. Also you will receive admin of course
My plans for the server is very simple, i know i want a survival server as i already have a creative one. I also want to have the main plugin be a towny or factions type of thing (people who help fund the server get to decide) I would also like to integrate economy (again people who help with the funding take a vote) Also the funding community can decide on the plugins.
Also there is the question, "Are you sure anyone will play on the server?". Once again yes! I have seen newer severs have up to 50/50 slots in two days. I estimate that with the basic advertising you can have 20 people on at all times in about 0.5-2 months depending on the uptime. I garentee that at least 10 people on at all times in 1 month.
If I have yet to convince you that this is a good investment then maybe this will win you over. I have found one of the best/cheapest minecraft server hosts ever hosthorde.com for only 30-USD/month you can receive unlimited everything. Also think about how all large minecraft servers started, to get Admin when it first started it a lot easier then it is now (as a large server).
I have thought of a couple of plugins that I would be interested in having on the server (list).
WorldEdit: Not only is this plugin extremely useful for is ability to generate super-structures in seconds it can also be used for survival purposes by setting a trigger in the config (use inventory: true). This will take the required items from the players inventory to generate the structure. And trust me I have learned all the WorldEdit exploits as I gave it to everyone on my creative server
Factions or Towny: These are what I consider the main plugins as they do most of the server work (I have used factions and towny before). I also find that factions leads to a raiding greifing environment more than towny, I have no idea why. maybe the killing aspect .
Visit counter: counts unique log ins and reoccurring log ins (it's just to see)
Antispam (idk which one): reason no duh -_-
NoCheat+: No hackers allowed
booscooldowns (idk how to spell that): prevent spamming of command that can lead to lag (mostly for the WorldEdit part)
Now if you have read this far...
If you are interested in funding me
- add me on Skype: RulingKyle1496
- private message me
- post in the comments
If three people were to help at 10 USD per month the server would be stable.
And remember every server started at 0 players
kk125
Level 42 : Master Batman