Need help getting started with map making!

ElmofiedBoby's Avatar ElmofiedBoby10/20/14 5:19 pm
1 emeralds 219 5
10/20/2014 6:37 pm
polarluke2's Avatar polarluke2
So soon (like in a month or two) I want to make a server. Now i don't want to be one of those cheap server owners who just download a map and use it for their server! I want to make my own terrain. I want to make it in the shape of the united states, with all the geographical features the US has. So say for example, the middle of the US. I want it to be the plains biome, though it has to be the WHOLE middle of the United states. I also want to make stuff like the Rocky Mountains in it too.

I would like to ask if you could take another minute of your time and please help me by telling me a list of standalone programs, mods, and plugins that could help me make this map. These also must have a Planet Minecraft, Minecraft Forums, or website. I don't like virus's. Also make sure its Mac compatible.

Thanks so much guys!
-MrBOBY02
ElmofiedBoby
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/20/2014 6:20 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
Worldpainter for the Rocky mountains.
MCEdit/WorldEdit for flat lands and spacing.

Good luck. This sounds like it might take a long while.
10/20/2014 5:57 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
use worldpainter not mcedit
10/20/2014 5:54 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
ElmofiedBoby
Of course it would take a long time, but Im not doing it perfectly to scale. Probably going to do 10 miles per a block or something. I just researched about it and I may use World Edit for finishing touches. Initially I may use MCEdit
10/20/2014 5:49 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
Roseora
If you want to Make it to scale, good luck with that. A world that size might have some memory and lag issues.

Anyway I heard world edits alright, but no matter what programs you use, it qill require A LOT of hard work, time and effort and you might want some friends to help you.
10/20/2014 6:37 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
polarluke2
Actually a Minecraft world is 3x Bigger than earth
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome