Need some superpower ideas!

Vocashiny's Avatar Vocashiny7/25/14 3:30 pm
8/6/2014 1:47 pm
PumpkinKing15's Avatar PumpkinKing15
Ok, so I'm planning to write a book. In the book, there are certain characters that attain powers, or superpower abilities. The only problem is, I've run out of good superpowers to use! xD I need some powers that are fairly original, not too overpowered, and aren't ridiculously crazy. The powers I have so far are:
Aria- Psychic (mind reading, able to cause mental pain)
Sasuke- Plant-growing
Rena- Pyrokinesis (ability to control fire)
Tammy- Shapeshifting (but only in one arm)
Harley- Technopathy (ability to control electronics, when controlling switches into a different, technological form)
Luke- Not sure what this is called, but if something of large importance is happening, he will fall unconscious and appear to witness it.
Axle- Invisibility.

I also need some fairly 'evil' powers for my evil characters!

Thanks!
Vocashiny
Level 20 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2014 2:58 am
Level 28 : Expert Lumberjack
BLESS_YO_FACE
The power to refill anything. It may sound lame at first but think about it.

Food supplies in Africa running low? Refill them.

Bank account empty? Refill it.

Life feels empty without a significant other? Refill it.

Ran out of Coke?(Other drinks are available) Refill it.

It has to be called something cool like: .. Refillkinesis

#Refillkineses2014

EDIT: Kinda jumped right in. After reading the original post I've come up with some uses for the power that would probably fit in better =P

Your evil minion's life ran out? Refill It.

Gun/Magic energy is depleted? Refill it.
08/06/2014 1:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Archer
PumpkinKing15
That is genius!!!!!!
08/01/2014 2:54 am
Level 25 : Expert Grump
Death
Telekenisis is one of the strongest superpowers that I can think of, not sure if it's been mentioned yet, as I don't have the time to look through all of the posts to find it.
07/30/2014 9:43 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
VertziForte
The ability of imagination. Imagine what you'd like and it pops in thin air.
That'd be way to op, maybe take it down a notch to only making little temporary monsters/ minions to help you out.
Living the dream there with some power puff girls helping you out with every day problems. xD
07/30/2014 8:35 am
Vocashiny
Suprememessage
Fallen_Shiny -snipses-

Thanks!

Your wording is confusing. You're giving me the general idea that Tammy can transform one of her arms into anything, like she is mostly human but her arm can turn into a cactus. Is that what you meant?

Here are some 'evil' powers.

-Necromancy (The ability to create and control the undead/contact spirits)

Not too original, but usually well received by readers.

-Pestilence Embodiment (The ability to turn into the actual embodiment of plague and disease, everybody around them becomes sicker and sicker)

-Dark Aura (All forms of light dissipate around them unnaturally, I.E. if you shined a flashlight on them they'd still be pitch black)

I hope these help.

Yeah, that's what I meant exactly
I love the sickness and dark aura ones!
07/30/2014 8:29 am
Vocashiny
Wow, so many ideas! As soon as I upload the story I'll post it here; definitely gonna use some of these! Most of these!
07/28/2014 3:37 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
THORofASGRARD
Lightning
Flying
Near Invulnerability
Wielding Mjölnir

Ya know,
My everyday wake up routine
07/28/2014 3:32 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Fangs1000
Kind of a weak person would be fit for this roll. When provoked, the persons eyes turn a certain color, and somewhat superhuman strength is gifted to them. The downside of it though, is that they arent thinking about what they do, so It would be very hard for that character to control their power
07/30/2014 8:32 am
Vocashiny
Ah, reminds me of Computer Jack from Gone... Sorry, I'm going nerdy again xD
I have it where when they gain a power, they wake up and their eyes are permanently a different colour, so maybe they could glow or something? I might steal this idea
07/28/2014 2:59 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Power name: <insert here>
Ability:
The ability to control energy, create a shield with that energy, and fire beams/rays of energy sort of like Getsuga tenshou from bleach anime.

To activate their power, they put out a metal cane, hold it sideways, and its begins to charge energy.
07/28/2014 1:55 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
rotarydial
Somebody could have to use, say, lenses (as in glasses) to activate their power, but nobody else could use the lenses and different lenses did different things? Hehe got the idea from Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz<3
Also you could have a character who could speak to the dead (though not on purpose) and everyone thinks they're going mad, but in fact it's their power warning them of something terrible that's going to happen? ima geek for superpowers ideas and sci-fi/fantasy<3
07/28/2014 11:25 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
Necromancy-The art of summoning/animating undead.
Voodoo-The are of using magical puppets.
07/28/2014 11:37 am
PumpkinKing15
Reaaaaal original dude
07/28/2014 11:03 am
PumpkinKing15
Making a potato gun that can turn into any kind of projectile shooting weapon. (not really a super power, but it is cool anyway)
07/30/2014 8:39 am
Vocashiny
So... I could have a sponge gun, shoot somebody in the face with it then turn it into an icing gun and make a giant cake out of somebody's face with sprinkles and EVERYTHING!
I WANT!
07/30/2014 9:35 pm
PumpkinKing15
Yes you could do that, I just can't decide if that would be evil or good..........
07/27/2014 11:25 am
Level 25 : Expert Warrior
adrian505
A move to control space and time would be cool.
07/27/2014 11:14 am
Level 41 : Master Pony
Suprememessage
Fallen_ShinyOk, so I'm planning to write a book. In the book, there are certain characters that attain powers, or superpower abilities. The only problem is, I've run out of good superpowers to use! xD I need some powers that are fairly original, not too overpowered, and aren't ridiculously crazy. The powers I have so far are:
Sasuke- Plant-growing
Harley- Technopathy (ability to control electronics, when controlling switches into a different, technological form)
Luke- Not sure what this is called, but if something of large importance is happening, he will fall unconscious and appear to witness it.
Axle- Invisibility.

Thanks!

Your wording is confusing. You're giving me the general idea that Tammy can transform one of her arms into anything, like she is mostly human but her arm can turn into a cactus. Is that what you meant?

Here are some 'evil' powers.

-Necromancy (The ability to create and control the undead/contact spirits)

Not too original, but usually well received by readers.

-Pestilence Embodiment (The ability to turn into the actual embodiment of plague and disease, everybody around them becomes sicker and sicker)

-Dark Aura (All forms of light dissipate around them unnaturally, I.E. if you shined a flashlight on them they'd still be pitch black)

I hope these help.
07/27/2014 11:13 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
AlchemistSun
Skelly_Toon
basicbrickHere are fairly some "evil" powers.

Being able to roll up into ball of rock. Spitting acid. Being able to launch fire from their hands (Uncontrollable).

OH NO,BALL OF ROCK INCOMING!!!!

(3 steps to the left)
*dodged*

XD Imagine that.

Ahh but you must remember it could be a Giant Boulder of Death!(mecha yetis and solder mounted triceratops can't stop it!).
07/26/2014 9:41 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
this is actually evil.

Using the negativity of other people to get stronger,and then using it against them to make different people meaner.
07/30/2014 8:37 am
Vocashiny
Oh! And then the people that had the negativity put on them will make the other people more negative and then they will all eventually be negative and it'll spread around the world like a disease and ALL OF THEM WILL BE MY MINIONS.
07/26/2014 9:29 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
Nexutron
Well, if they're an evil character, Maybe some things like Absorb Darkness and Kill your enemy with it, Black Tentacles coming out of your back that squeezes your Opponent to death, Magician Powers, (Hats, Wands, Spells, Cleverness, Etc), Ripping people apart without touching them and using your strength, Eating flesh that gives you more strength, Just think creative. And you'll get it.
/|\
|
07/26/2014 9:21 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Fallen_ShinyOk, so I'm planning to write a book. In the book, there are certain characters that attain powers, or superpower abilities. The only problem is, I've run out of good superpowers to use! xD I need some powers that are fairly original, not too overpowered, and aren't ridiculously crazy. The powers I have so far are:
Sasuke- Plant-growing
Axle- Invisibility.

Thanks!

dafuq? Why is Sasuke suddenly a plant grower?
07/26/2014 9:03 pm
PumpkinKing15
A power I call Aurakinesis

Its the power to shape your aura into any object or weapon you can imagine. You can also have a number of mental "imprints" that make it easy to summon objects, which are hard to create without one. The more powerful the aura, the stronger and more complex the object you can create. If you try to make too many objects at once, your aura will get stretched out, and will either disable for a lot of time, or make you die in a glorious ball of fire.
07/26/2014 12:20 am
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
Calm_Hawk
Skelly_Toon
ToTheSkyeWell you already have some that rely on elements. I say hydrokinesis because why the fuck not? There's so much you can do there.

If you're not into adding more element based powers you could have where they can phase through objects. I've had ideas where characters bent reality (although in this case it was a very OP power) and caused things in the world to shift to however they liked. The best way I can say to imagine it is like Inception, cheesy as it sounds. You could even nerf the power and say it takes a lot out of them if they use it for too long or on a grand scale. There's always something out there.

Sites like http://springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/superpowers.htm have generators for things like this in case you need to stretch your forefinger a bunch just scrolling through random ideas. I use it all the time.

sssh no swearing bro,think about the kiddies.

Actually, the kidies often swear more than you do.
07/25/2014 11:15 pm
Skeltal
MIND TRICK
07/25/2014 11:12 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe
Controlling wildlife/animals, abnormal persuasive abilities, uh...
That's about all I can think of, my creativity is not the least bit wild.
07/25/2014 10:54 pm
Skeltal
basicbrickHere are fairly some "evil" powers.

Being able to roll up into ball of rock. Spitting acid. Being able to launch fire from their hands (Uncontrollable).

OH NO,BALL OF ROCK INCOMING!!!!

(3 steps to the left)
*dodged*

XD Imagine that.
07/25/2014 10:51 pm
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
basicbrick
Here are fairly some "evil" powers.

07/26/2014 10:17 am
Vocashiny
Simply yes. YES. Imagine, those OP rock powers...
07/25/2014 10:42 pm
Skeltal
I don't think anyone has mentioned super speed or slowing down time.
07/26/2014 10:19 am
Vocashiny
I like slowing down time...

Thanks for all the ideas, guys!
07/25/2014 10:41 pm
Skeltal
Magnetism.
07/25/2014 5:15 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NevetCS
Maybe the power could be to altering their appearance, seeing in the dark, near-invulnerability to physical damage, imitating voices, shooting energy beams, controlling fire (obviously from the Avatar The Last Airbender), sensing emotions, etc.

EDIT: Also, if you can, can you send me a the book or something (if its on a site like WattPad, etc)? I'd love to read it!
07/25/2014 5:11 pm
PumpkinKing15
The ability to shoot out heavy objects.
07/25/2014 5:11 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
AlchemistSun
Oooh uhm uhh... Oh uh he can stun them and put masks similar to his and who ever else wears that masks is under his control like a puppet but instead of strings controlling them its masks and instead of hands controlling the strings its his mind controlling the masks controlling the people but within the hour the masks brake but he makes like 20 a day for like emergency's. I dont know I saw this forum thread thingy and posted
07/25/2014 5:01 pm
Skeltal
ToTheSkyeWell you already have some that rely on elements. I say hydrokinesis because why the fuck not? There's so much you can do there.

If you're not into adding more element based powers you could have where they can phase through objects. I've had ideas where characters bent reality (although in this case it was a very OP power) and caused things in the world to shift to however they liked. The best way I can say to imagine it is like Inception, cheesy as it sounds. You could even nerf the power and say it takes a lot out of them if they use it for too long or on a grand scale. There's always something out there.

Sites like http://springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/superpowers.htm have generators for things like this in case you need to stretch your forefinger a bunch just scrolling through random ideas. I use it all the time.

sssh no swearing bro,think about the kiddies.
07/25/2014 4:54 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
ToTheSkye
Well you already have some that rely on elements. I say hydrokinesis because why the -snip- not? There's so much you can do there.

07/25/2014 4:46 pm
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
GlissandoGirl
This site has a lot of superpower ideas. Emotion manipulation could be an interesting one, maybe?
07/25/2014 4:33 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blockhead
Zlb01
Axel is my brothers name but you spelt it axle, anyways my idea

There is a dude thar has the ability to summon monsters/heros/spirits through card.

Or a dragon slayer ability where they can control drsgons of their type such as fire or iron dragons. They can also eat their element.
07/25/2014 5:07 pm
PumpkinKing15
Sounds like the Persona game series. (anybody know what i'm talking about?)
07/25/2014 5:09 pm
Skeltal
I'll pretend that I do.
07/25/2014 4:16 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
Ideas list:
- Magical golden hair that glows and heals wounds when a song is sang to it.
- An icy touch that cannot be easily controlled by it's owner, ie, if they are distressed, they will blast ice everywhere.

While you're at it, can you include a horse and chameleon in your book.. oh and a snowman and reindeer. Thanks!
07/25/2014 4:49 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
Lol
07/25/2014 4:20 pm
Skeltal
lol Disney.
07/25/2014 4:12 pm
Skeltal
if it's supoosed to be evil,then.

-Raise the Dead
-Ability to poison people by looking at them (not everyone,just when you want to)
-Turn people to stone
-Being an a-hole in general.
07/25/2014 4:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
Perhaps the ability to bend light (Or darkness...) to your will to create illusions, like a person or object.

Maybe someone who has the power to see where something or someone has been, but not where they will be. (Giving an image of the area where the subject has been, not coordinates or anything.

A highly charismatic person that can understand and speak any language? (I'm running out of ideas.)

Also, if you can't find any good villain powers, just remember The Silence...

I'm so clever.
07/26/2014 10:18 am
Vocashiny
Oooo, I'm gonna steal that darkness idea... Time to bring life back to my old character I made ages ago, Chandra >:D
07/25/2014 3:41 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Teleportation, overgrowing, getting back to life.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome