NERD CLUB (application)

gonard3's Avatar gonard34/2/12 10:34 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 281
2/27/2013 10:25 am
marrioman13's Avatar marrioman13
Hey guys, Gonard here with my first CLUB! type...thingy. That aside, this is a haven for nerdy chatter, questions, and all around Nerdy FUN!

Qualifications/notes: You ARE NOT a nerd if you have only played Xbox.
You must have watched an ENTIRE nerdy T.V. show. (not Big Bang Theory, I don't even want it as a joke, it annoys the hell out of me, NO.)
Your grammar skills must be above a 5th grade level.
You must have general nerdy knowledge
By "Nerd" I don't necessarily mean straight A's and Computer programming knowledge.
After you application, I will dub you worthy, or unworthy. You will also be given a nerd rank.

APPLICATION: TYPE: (ex: Anime Nerd, Video game nerd, General nerd, ETC.)
NERDY T.V. SHOW: (Here, list the Nerdy T.V. series you watched ((Or have previously watched)) as per the qualifications)
NERD LEVEL: (a self proclaimed generalization of all your nerdy knowledge)
THREE NERDY FACTS: (Pretty self-explanatory, this one. Three facts that will determine your given Nerdy Title.)

As you can see, I am not just accepting low level nerds on this one, At LEAST moderate to super nerd.

NERDS: Head Nerd: Gonard3

Grandmaster Nerds: CSFirecracker, Sakurafluff

Grand Nerds: Hatsune_Miku, Darky, snowylips, Valeax, Dinosawr

Expert Nerds: Animatrix, Supershadowdan, Sim0n0id, Chadlington, pwnzownz, beastlyblu, Bluesophie2, crowfeather1999, Pugler20

Journeyman Nerds: Tender_Grilled, Starcraft100, Mist13, Skynimus, Craftition, Diamonddozen, epicirondragon, McVipond, loloopdali1, Dinodaw

Average Nerds: IHasRabiez, LukeBaxter77, xDeadMau5

NERD QUESTIONS: nerd-questions-t67032.html

NERD FUN: nerd-fun-t67022.html

NERD CHAT: post635658.html#p635658
gonard3
Level 32 : Artisan Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

marrioman13
02/27/2013 10:25 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
APPLICATION: TYPE: General Nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW:The ones that immediately spring to mind include: Scrubs, How I met your mother, Star Wars (films - if they count )
NERD LEVEL: I happen to be a large fan of star wars and general sci-fi, I spend a lot of time playing games and playing with my Lego (a hell of a lot of Lego star wars!)
THREE NERDY FACTS:
1) Bill Lawrence, the creator of scrubs featured as the janitor in the final scene of the final episode of series 8, originally planned to be the last series.
2) The three creatures that fight in the arena in S.W:EP2 are the Reek (the rhino type creature), the Nexu (the large spider cat thing) and the Acklay (the massive creature with spikes for limbs)
3) Sam Lloyd - Ted from scrubs has his own real band, know as 'the blanks' who have made many A Capella tributes, most memorably 'Hey Ya' and 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.
wilfrerocks867
02/27/2013 10:01 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
TYPE: General nerd/video game nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Big Bang Theory, MLP FIM [brony], etc.
NERD LEVEL: A nerd with a bit more of a computer life than a social one.
THREE NERDY FACTS: Obsessed with Minecraft, Loves video games and internet related things
treyishuman
02/27/2013 2:27 am
Level 22 : Expert Button Pusher
TYPE: Gamer. Definitely.
NERDY T.V. SHOW: All of the matrix movies, I saw (and recorded) a star wars marathon, (All the episodes, 1-6 ) I don't watch much tv, honestly.
NERD LEVEL: 8/10 Intermediate nerd.
THREE NERDY FACTS:

Number one.

The human body has the ability produce 81 watts from a sleeping person, 128 from a soldier standing at ease, 163 from a walking person, 407 from a briskly walking person, 1,048 from a long-distance runner, and 1,630 from a sprinter, according to Center for Space Power and Advanced Electronics, a NASA commercial center in Alabama.

Number two.

Luigi Galvani first discovered in 1771, discovered the muscles of a dead frog twitched when a spark struck it. Awesome, the concept of bio-electricity is born.

Number three.

The term ‘nerd’ originated with Dr Seuss, he first used it in his 1950′s book ‘If I ran the Zoo’. In the book, Gerald McGrew is a kid who, when visiting a zoo, finds that the exotic animals are “not good enough”. He says that if he ran the zoo, he would let all of the current animals free and find new, more bizarre and exotic ones. Today the term ‘Nerd’ is used to describe people who are interested or enjoy science, books, learning, and generally love hanging out in libraries, however dressing ‘nerdy’ is in fashion at the moment, go figure.

Kennage
02/27/2013 2:17 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Pokemon
APPLICATION:
Type: MASSIVE Shonen Anime, Video Game and Computer *Stuff*
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Anime like Naruto to Deadman Wonderland or even Durarara, Black Books, IT Crowd, Crappy 60's Sci-Fi horror and Doctor Who
NERD LEVEL: OVER 9000 (9001)
THREE NERDY FACTS: Althouh im average at sports, I prefer my natural habitat, Browsing random shit on Reddit, that weird part of youtube, or obsessing over a new MMORPG or Sandbox!
EpicCreeper5005
02/18/2013 8:50 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
APPLICATION: TYPE:Nerdy
NERDY T.V. SHOW: PokemonPokemonPokemonPokemonPokemon
NERD LEVEL: Gamey Champion!
THREE NERDY FACTS: Wuvs Maincraft And Pokemon And BlockFuck
hope yeh accept i claim this land NERDIA!
AwesomeKittie10
01/06/2013 5:23 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
NERD TYPE: Video Game Nerd.
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Sponge Bob and MLP :3
NERD LEVEL: 9/10
3 NERDY FACTS (About me and Games :3):
If i were a Pony, i would be Rainbow Dash,
I'm writing this while riding Nyan Cat in Narnia,
And I've been playing minecraft for about 7 hours strait. BO-YA!
Did you know that the Arcade Game "Pac-Man" was originally called Puck-Man, not because of his puck-like shape, but beause of the Japanese saying "Packu-Packu" Which means to flap one's mouth open and closed. this was chaged due to vandalisim, as they could easily chage the "P" to a "F".
Did you know that in Paper Mario, Luigi keeps his diary in a secret basement under
his and Mario's house. If you manage to read the entries, It says that Luigi is afraid of ghosts, and wants to play the lead role in his own adventure. These diary entries are referencing Luigi's Mansion, as it was in devenlopment at the time.
Did you know rumored the Pokemon known as Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf represent the Triforce from The Legend of Zelda, as they are Knowledge (Wisdom), Emotion (Courage), and Will-Power (Power) Pokemon. They were also created by the God Pokemon, 'Arceus', and the Triforce was created by the Goddesses Din, Nayru and Farore.
Chewy
01/06/2013 4:32 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
APPLICATION: TYPE: General/Video Game Nerd.

NERDY T.V. SHOW: The Guild, Big Bang Theory, Doctor
Who
NERD LEVEL: Like 9 out of 10.

THREE NERDY FACTS: 1. I rather go on internet than go
outside. 2. I play Teamfortress, COD,Minecraft, etc. 3. And I'm getting
glasses soon like the nerd type xD
Jay-Bag
01/06/2013 4:15 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
APPLICATION: TYPE: Video-game Nerd/Anime Nerd/General Nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Naruto, DragonBallz and if you count Star Wars
NERD LEVEL: 9
THREE NERDY FACTS: I love magic the gather, reading, and most people find my vocabulary difficult to understand
Spyro999
06/24/2012 8:43 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragon
APPLICATION: TYPE: (ex: Anime Nerd, Video game nerd, General nerd, ETC.) Video games and history things.. (history nerd?)
NERDY T.V. SHOW: (Here, list the Nerdy T.V. series you watched ((Or have previously watched)) as per the qualifications) Doctor Who, Stargate SG1
NERD LEVEL: (a self proclaimed generalization of all your nerdy knowledge) Not so sure, mostly just knowing facts about computer games -_-
THREE NERDY FACTS: (Pretty self-explanatory, this one. Three facts that will determine your given Nerdy Title.) Dragons exist... Who needs sports?... Let us play Spore!
rileyjstrickland
06/24/2012 8:35 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
Hate to bust your balls "bro", but you shouldn't roll with enjin. Try something like invision power board. Also I'd recommend running your own apache 2.2 web server, with php 5.4, and mysql if you don't want subdomains, and for unlimited bandwidth, file storage, etc., for free.
Just a heads up.

private sub runningtests
for x = 0 to 10 step 1
if x / 2 = fix(x / 2) then
msgbox("Number is even")
elseif x / 2 = fix(x / 2) = false
msgbox("Number isn't even")
end if
next
application.doevents
runningtests()
end sub
gonard3
04/20/2012 4:43 pm
Just a notification, we will not be accepting any more nerds on this site, if you want to apply, got to this link, it will be where we host the nerd club from now on. http://www.nerdclub.enjin.com/home
Noodly_Appendage
04/20/2012 2:09 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
TYPE: Videogame nerd, general nerd and Occasional Anime nerd
NERDY TV SHOWS:Pretty every history channel documentary ever :L
NERD LEVEL: Casually nerdy
THREE NERDY FACTS:
I Have a small library full of books, most of which are fantasy
I play Vidya 24/7
I'm in the top of the majority of my academic classes at school
Ruckran123
04/19/2012 1:26 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TYPE: Video Game nerd!!
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Star Wars, Big Bang Theory (Yes i know it doesn't make me a nerd BUT STILL! )
NERD LEVEL: SUPER ULTRA GAMER NERDY FOUR EYES xD
THREE NERDY FACTS: I'm what Other people may call: Four-Eyes
I play Video games 24/7
I'm in every single Top academic class in my grade at school.
Aeronethius
04/18/2012 8:20 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Type of nerd: Anime, Intellectual, General. You name it.
T.V.: Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, Big Bang Theory
Grammer Level: Over nine-thousand!
Music: They Might Be Giants. (Listed among the nerdiest bands ever.)
Nerd Level: On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say 8.789347104620465826759827374681897387659028768372178791798535027293408207427362067837677123...
Three interesting facts: I am the local school Nerd Herd, a club consisted of myself and 5 friends,(not really friends as much as people who have devoted themselves to aknowledge my supremecy over modern society.) president. My favorite Hobby is building robots. And my favorite Video Game series of all time is Legend of Zelda.
gonard3
04/19/2012 1:16 pm
GAH! I din't know how many times I have to say it, Big Bang Theory is NOT a nerdy TV show!
gonard3
04/18/2012 8:04 pm
OKAY! What weve all been waiting for....(le drumroll)...http://nerdclub.enjin.com/home/m/519289 ... _id/701145 THE NERD CLUB WEBSITE! This could not have been possible without DiamondDozen, and to show my appreciation, we are gonna give him tons ov virtual hugs, and a promotion.
TurtleCrab
04/16/2012 5:24 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
APPLICATION:
TYPE: Anime Nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Dragon Ball, Digimon, Naruto
NERD LEVEL: 9
THREE NERDY FACTS: Computer Freak, Awesome At Maths, On Pc 24/7
SakuraFluff
04/15/2012 9:09 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
Omg that was the worst xD
Aurora
04/14/2012 6:30 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
I was almost to the cube but chamber 16 I think got me, plus my brother sold my copy of the orange box. Q.Q
SakuraFluff
04/14/2012 6:27 pm
crowfeather1999 THE SHIT OUT OF IT! I cried when I had to throw it away!

thats sweet xD I loved tghe levels where they'd give you more than one cube because if you put one on top of another, then picked up the bottom one just right you could make a sheild xD
SirGalvanium
04/14/2012 1:23 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
APPLICATION: TYPE: video games/ general
NERDY T.V. SHOW: star wars the clone wars,
NERD LEVEL: i would say 8 out of 10
THREE NERDY FACTS: in elder scrolls v: skryim you can choose from about 12 races not just nord. star wars is in the past not the future. gorrilas arent monkeys the are apes
gonard3
04/14/2012 3:53 pm
you sir, are not a nerd.
DoubleDirtNinja
04/14/2012 1:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Skinner
Oh my nerd instincts are telling me this application form is more of a description of why im a nerd.
I love Videa games.not like call of duty what ever happend to good old Sonic or Bejewled.What is the point in all these Multiplayer games you can simiply enjoy the pleasure of playing a good old fashioned game.Also Star Trek rules.And get it right dont get it wrong like my friends.Strar Trek is not some alien rubbish.Its an educational programm.So im a Nerd and dont forget it.
gonard3
04/14/2012 3:54 pm
You seem like you are eligible, would you please fill out the application in the correct format though?
SakuraFluff
04/13/2012 9:25 pm
Oh, sorry, If you wanted three facts about ME then here they are.
1). My first video game was Galaga, followed my Ms. PacMan, then Quake4 (all my mom's suggestions)
2). I have played every Pokemon game in the main line (yellow, silver, emerald, etc), every Pokemon Ranger game, and every Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.
3). I have a tendency to switch between talking in memes, using a Nord accent, and talking in medevil prose.

If you need more I have plenty.
gonard3
04/14/2012 1:39 am
Hehe, I think we have plenty to work with here,. I DUB THEE!! GRANDMASTER NERD!
SakuraFluff
04/14/2012 8:16 am
;A; I am honored by this title, good sir.
gonard3
04/14/2012 1:08 pm
Your profile picture says it all
SakuraFluff
04/14/2012 4:52 pm
Indeed. Alas, thank you.
SakuraFluff
04/13/2012 9:07 pm
APPLICATION: TYPE: General nerd (Video Game, Mythology, TV, Comic Books, etc)
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Star Trek (my favorite is TNG, but I appreciate the classic. I have watched some Voyager and Enterprise, but no Deep Space Nine), Doctor Who (my favorite doctor is 10, but I love 11), Monty Python's Flying Circus (I'm not sure if this counts), Merlin, Death Note, Bleach (until the bounts, then I gave up), Hell Girl, HOTD, Fullmetal Alchemist (manga only), Soul Eater, and too many other animes to count.
NERD LEVEL: 9/10 (because I can't do math like a proper nerd)
THREE NERDY FACTS:
1). In Monty Python and the Holy Grail The Knights Who Say Ni claim to despise the word "it", but when they first appear one of the knights says it, and none of the nights react.
2). Vulcans have to be trained to withstand the smell of humans, and when they get very old they get a disease, similar to alsheimers, that causes them to loose control of their emotions.
3). Polemos is the grecian primordial being of war.
gonard3
04/13/2012 4:44 pm
Crowfeather, thanks for taking charge while im not around, I think weve got most of the real PMC nerds on here all ready.
pyrophoenix83
04/12/2012 2:55 pm
APPLICATION: TYPE:Game/computer Nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: third rock from the sun. Every Thing On the discovry and science channel
NERD LEVEL:8 out of 10
THREE NERDY FACTS:I work in a computer store.I spend most of my time on the internet and i skateboard and i have a girlfriend as nerdy as i am. we go on minecraft dates
anonpmc337468
04/11/2012 8:24 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
anonpmc337468
04/11/2012 8:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
gonard3
04/11/2012 11:28 pm
Tanker, There is no exact number of Pi, it is irrational number, and thus cannot be written as a fraction. Also, if you were really a nerd, you would've at least spelled Pi right. BEGONE WITH YOU!
tee1009
04/11/2012 7:51 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
APPLICATION: TYPE:anime nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: mythbusters, radio lab
NERD LEVEL: 9002
THREE NERDY FACTS: there was a war because of a grasshopper. world war one was caused by a death. napoleon's phallus was cut off and sold to someone
Diamonddozen
04/11/2012 8:04 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Baconator
Dear sir, Mythbusters and Radio Lab aren't nerdy t.v. shows. Things don't blow up in nerdy t.v. shows. They subtamotize.
bluefrostt
04/11/2012 6:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
APPLICATION: TYPE: (ex: Anime Nerd, Video game nerd, General nerd, ETC.).anime nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: (Here, list the Nerdy T.V. series you watched ((Or have previously watched)) as per the qualifications)well I watch soul eater alot and alot of other animes
NERD LEVEL: (a self proclaimed generalization of all your nerdy knowledge) 8 out of 10
THREE NERDY FACTS: (Pretty self-explanatory, this one. Three facts that will determine your given Nerdy Title.) i don't go outside much. im always on the internet. and get good grade from knowing alot of words
gonard3
04/11/2012 7:03 pm
Nice application (check my above post for a Soul Eater reference ) I DUB THEE!! EXPERT NERD!!
gonard3
04/11/2012 6:30 pm
GAH! whats with all this CRAP?! If this thread doesnt clear up, I might have to Vector Arrow everybody to another thread!
Tacos1234
04/11/2012 6:12 pm
Sorry haha had to say it.....
tee1009
04/10/2012 6:37 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
APPLICATION: TYPE:anime nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: mythbusters
NERD LEVEL: 9002
THREE NERDY FACTS: there was a war because of a grasshopper. world war one was caused by a death. napoleon's phallus was cut off and sold to someone
Aragon
04/10/2012 6:33 pm
APPLICATION: TYPE: Dungeons and Dragons Nerd/Video Game Nerd.
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Game of Thrones.
NERD LEVEL: 3.
THREE NERDY FACTS: be them on my commputer or on paper, i preffer games over sports any day, i carry a D20 around with me and roll on every descision i make, and i offtenly mix regular life with dnd.
Aragon
04/13/2012 8:50 pm
uhh... sorry but, i posted my application here, and it seems you ignored it, didn't see it, or i can't find the comment on my app. so if it is possable, could someone either re-post the comment or in genneral look at my app.
gonard3
04/14/2012 1:37 am
Must have missed it sorry about that! Ummm...We are gonna need a bigger array of nerdyness than DnD, also, I don't think Game of Thrones counts a a nerdy T.V. show.
gonard3
04/10/2012 6:07 pm
LiLCano24I LIKE COOKIES

NO. just stop or I might have to use Stardust Breaker and annihilate the universe. Would you like that? Didn't think so.
PlankGang
04/10/2012 10:09 am
Level 45 : Master Pirate
TYPE: General Nerd
NERDY T.V. SHOW: Dr. Who, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Spongebob Squarepants
NERD LEVEL: 10/10
THREE NERDY FACTS: Greedo didn't shoot first in Starwars. A starfish eats it's food by making it's stomach go inside out and catch it's prey. Fact 3: You are a nerd if you are reading this...
jankajow123
04/10/2012 8:10 am
Level 25 : Expert Toast
APPLICATION: TYPE: Video Gamer Forever!!!!
NERDY T.V. SHOW: DOCTOR WHO!! BIG BANG THEORY!!! sometimes Star Trek!!!!!RED DWARF!!!
NERD LEVEL: Numbers are irrelevant. WOOO MINECRAFT!!!
THREE NERDY FACTS: 1. I have a fez. 2. I have a powered by redstone tee 3. Why the hell haven't I joined this club before
gonard3
04/10/2012 9:43 am
NO >:C There is one HUGE mistake in your application, and I am getting tired of people not reading the Rules fully
04/10/2012 7:54 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome