New RPG server, looking for suggestions!24k world, 50+skills

DimonusMC's Avatar DimonusMC7/6/15 4:54 pm
7/27/2015 8:31 pm
PespiKnight's Avatar PespiKnight
24k by 24k COMPLETELY CUSTOM WORLD

The playable world is a 24,000 by 24,000 block world filled with cities, towns, camp sites, caves, castles, custom forests and much much more! Unlike most open world RPG servers where there are large open fields or big mountains with nothing on them and no use except to fill up space and make players walk long, boring distances, we are having these areas be "wild" zones. Wild zones will allow the players to build their own bases, or mine the terrain and acquire ores to sell or craft items. This will still leave the minecraft feel to the server so players still know they are playing minecraft. This will also help make the landscape more exciting and dangerous, instead of walking 5 minutes over a field with no life at all, now the player walks across a habited field watching out for dangerous player bases or traps!

14+ CLASSES

Currently we have 14 classes created and open for suggestions to more. All of the classes have the their own unique skills (and hopefully own unique quests if people think that's a good idea). The classes also have their own "home" cities and special items that only that class can use.

Assassin: high damage to a single target but can't kill groups very fast

Thief: moderate damage overall and lots of mobility (likes gold a lot)

Alchemist: uses different types of potions to weaken and kill enemies

Paladin: very tanky warrior who doesn't deal a lot of damage (works well in groups)

Light warrior: basic warrior with a couple unique "light" skills

Dark warrior: basic warrior with a couple unique "dark" skills
Created dark and light warrior because in most RPG's players pick the warrior class and a lot of people are similar so the creation of two different warrior classes will hopefully add more diversity.
Fire Mage: mage with spells related to fire

Earth Mage: mage with spells related to earth

Ice Healer: mage that focuses on healing and buffing as well has ice skills

Summoner: Mage who can summon mobs to fight on their side

Beastmaster: Bowmen who has wolves fight on his side

Ranger: fast attack but less damage with a bow

Bowmen: slow attack but high damage with a bow
Did same thing with ranger and bowmen for archer class instead of just having one bow class to add more diversity.

Craftsmen: expert survivalists who will spend most of his time in the wild and in shops instead of questing (due to low damage & this is where having quests specific to class good and have quests that require no killing for craftsmen)

50+ SKILLS

Our skill maker has an amazing understanding of the plugin "Skill API" and knows how to custom code it so any skill we can think of is possible! Some of the skills include
- shooting lightning bolts down - permanently increasing max health - making the user go invisible - poisoning the enemy on next hit - increasing jump height - summoning skeletons to fight alongside user - creating a wall of fire - disarming target AND MANY MANY MORE SKILLS!
The skills will be aquired by leveling up and the skills itself have levels you can level up to increase damage, decrease mana cost, etc. (also thinking about adding ways to get skills for anyone, like as a reward from a big quest or buying it)

200+ QUESTS

Tons of quests for players to enjoy and a storyline to follow that interacts with the map to really make the experince come alive. Quests can range from delivering items to killing mobs or even bosses to taking out an entire stronghold to catching a fish.

COUNTLESS NPC's THROUGHOUT WORLD

Lots of npc's to interact with around the world, some good, some bad. Some examples are shopkeepers, quest givers, enemies and bosses, roaming npc's who don't give a quest but might let you in on some valuable information, and much more! (Make suggestions if you have any!)

MAJOR CITIES WITH SHOPS AND MORE

Multiple major cities where players can find quests, shops, and meet up with other players and interact with them. Might add plots for players to buy as homes and also shop plots for player shops. Each city will be specific to a class so each will have its own unique items and quests!

200+ LOOT CHESTS

Throughout the entire world there are loot chests containing custom items, food, armor, books, maps, and much more! Most of the chests will be per player so every player can open them and take what's inside and not worry about someone getting to it first. Some chests may be 1 thing inside that reap awns every X minutes and players will fight to get what is inside, this will create more player interaction. The locations of the chests will be preset and not random so players can help each other find them. Some npc's or books will also let players know of the locations of some.

15 MAJOR BOSSES

More info coming soon

500+ CUSTOM ITEMS

Tons of custom items will be created from unique swords, bows, armor, food, even weird named blocks! Some items will have level restrictions on them and some may be specific for one class, or banned for one class. We are also planning on adding "sets" of armor and weapons that go together and have some lore behind them to add more fun!

COUNTLESS LORE

Tons of lore about everything!
Click to reveal
Shadows
Origin
As stated in the Angwyn portion, the Shadows and Angwyn were 2 parts of an initial lifeform, separated and reassembled into 2 new living beings. The Shadows, unlike the Angwyn, inherited only energy and emotion, becoming beings of almost pure energy. The initial separation created the most powerful of the Shadows, Veridarsa.
Physical Characteristics
The Shadows are unique in that their physical appearance and abilities do not consistently conform to one model. Overall, Shadows are a deep black, their form absorbing all light that contacts them. Their irises tend to be a dark red, making it one of the few parts of one that can be distinguished from the rest of its body. However, beyond these overall characteristics, Shadows gain the ability to select an overall form early in their life. The more standard form of a Shadow is similar to an Angwyn. About a head taller than a human on average, with slightly stronger musculature, these are similarly intimidating creatures. Unlike Angwyn, these Shadows do not have wings. This more Angwyn form gives these Shadows incredible speed and agility, with extreme skill and precision, and typically extensive magical capabilities.

A Shadow begins its life in this form, but after it has killed a number of foes, it may opt to abandon that form in favor of a bulkier, more physically oriented form. These shadows develop a layer of natural scaled armor, still pitch black, but enabling them to take more blows before needing to repair their wounds. Their height increases by about a third, and their muscle structure increases dramatically, giving them formidable strength. This change does have drawbacks, notably a vast reduction in agility and speed. In addition, the metamorphosis permanently drains it of significant magical power to promote the change, making these Shadows much weaker with magic, and the development of natural armor, although effective in preventing regeneration, makes their recuperative properties significantly weaker, making them more vulnerable once that thick hide has been pierced.
Social Structure
Shadow society is centered on one’s success in combat, and divides them into 2 overarching classes, named and unnamed Shadows. Unnamed Shadows are typically newly separated from their host, a process that nearly always results in the death of the host. These new Shadows have done little to earn power in the society, and as such are left as an unnamed mass. However, once an unnamed Shadow has slain enough foes, it earns enough respect to take a name. Names are more than simply titles however, as they represent the emotions, thoughts, and characteristics that Shadow has chosen to embrace. As an example, Fear, one of the higher named Shadows, survives and grows off of the fear and terror of his foes, as he abandoned every other aspect of his existence to focus solely on Fear. Amongst the ranks of the Named Shadows lie additional classes, separated by their success in battle. They are primarily split into the higher and lesser Named Shadows, and amongst the higher is an even higher set of 7, each named after one of the 7 Deadly Sins. These 7 are the direct servants of the High Shadow, Veridarsa. This hierarchy governs all structure in their society, from military organization to what little economy they have.
Economy
The near permanent war between the Shadows and other kingdoms makes exports and imports pointless, and their nature as non-corporeal beings makes food unnecessary. In addition, most tend to make weapons from their own bodies, with only higher named Shadows tending to having physical weaponry. This physical weaponry is made of a specially processed form of iron, called Shadowsteel, which is ideal for weaponry and has the ability to mimic many of the techniques Shadows use to move, notably in that it can merge into darkness with its wielder to cross incredible distances almost instantly. A tentative alliance with many of the Orc tribes does lead to a few of these weapons being exported, but otherwise, little is actually brought out of their lands.
Military
Shadows do not tend to favor outright war. Usually, their military strategy focuses around manipulation and tactical strikes. Shadows rarely fight together, preferring to claim all the kills for themselves. When they do enter into large-scale conflicts, they tend to gain control over a larger army of lesser beings, using Shadows at various points in the force for command infrastructure. On rare occasions, usually when orders involve the assassination of a dangerous target, higher Shadows will form small teams, mostly for the purpose of ensuring a successful mission. However, beyond this situations, Shadows tend to fight their wars remotely, manipulating enemy political structures, sowing dissent, and occasionally sending one or two shadows on sabotage missions.
Miscellaneous Lore
Due to their nature as bodies of darkness, Shadows have the ability to blend into naturally dark places and travel to other dark locations. This typically serves as a rapid transportation method, but rarely is used outside of the higher Shadows

Some Shadows are known to possess other species, taking control of nations or slowly driving some insane. This tends to be used by command of a higher authority. However, sometimes a Shadow will use this to gain more conventional transportation without gathering attention.

This lore is still in devolpement and will change!

- advanced economy
- experienced staff
- pets and player trails
+ much more

We would love feedback from everyone, good or bad!
DimonusMC
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter