Sims/Tycoon Themed Minecraft Server Concept

mcneprojects's Avatar mcneprojects12/5/15 1:06 am
1 emeralds 231 4
2/18/2017 10:56 am
Armscelli's Avatar Armscelli
Hello,
I am starting another server and I just wanted to get some ideas from you guys and gals.

This server is somewhat of a tycoon style game but at the same time I could see it as a LifeSim-RPG. Players will have many options to choose what type of life they lead. They could be a criminal or they could be the richest business tycoon to ever walk the vast voxel terrain. THis is kinda long so I used spoilers..

Features
Click to reveal
-Players start as homeless until they get a job, and rent an apartment or buy a house. Only then they will become residents.

-Eventually players will be able to start their own businesses (experimental).

-The highest player rank available is Tycoon. With the exception of political ranks.

-Once reaching Tycoon rank players can do all sorts of things such as buy/build aircrafts, yachts, and expensive cars, etc. using movecraft plugin.

-All players can purchase basic vehicles such as: cars, motorcycle, mopeds, bikes, etc.

-Higher ranks are allowed to purchase land in the wild for whatever they want. They could even start their own city if they want.

-Not all players have to become tycoons. (You can decide to be a criminal and even set up a gang or mafia to terrorize the residents via shakedowns, hits, etc.)

-We will have NPC police and also players can become police officers imprisoning other players they see committing crimes. (Prison will be escape-able but will be very hard to do so).

-There will be a FBI type of organization to combat organized crime. Players must have been a police officer prior to applying for the FBI.

POLITICS
Click to reveal
-The city/region is democratic-ish. Meaning a player will be appointed Governor of the city and then every 3-6 months new players will be able to run for the governor position.

-Governors can serve 2 Terms. Players will vote for nominees, and then the entire server will vote for the new mayor in an election.

-Governors will have privileges to raise taxes, raise minimum wage, start government programs (such as stimulus packages, homeless shelters, food stamps, welfare, etc), propose new laws, pardon prison sentences, etc.
But these politicians are subject to all the same laws at any other player. Meaning
Governors can be impeached and imprisoned.
I will act as the president of the region for the first year or so. Then after the server is updated from "beta" to "release"; I will step down from my position as president and players will nominate and vote for their new leader. The new president will have the most privileges of anybody on the server (and also will come with functional AF1 Jet.)

MAKING MONEY
Click to reveal
Players will have many options to make money. They can do the obvious and get a job. Or if they dream to be rich they can start a small business by renting office space and opening a chestshop, car dealership, vehicle manufacturing, building development homes.
Once your small business grows you will be able to incorporate it and hire other players to do tasks such as get a stack of wool.
If you do make enough money and unlock helicoptors and jets you could even charge other players for rides around the map. You could be the first MC UBER lol.

Now for criminals:
Criminals can theoretically make money by robbing players and selling their items at a pawn shop. Of course they can start bootlegging potions. Since there will be no nether Netherwart will not be accessible. I will hide a chest with some netherwart somewhere and the player that finds it will have the only access to it. This would also create a black market effect, as I will outlaw the growth and use of netherwart in the constitution. Meaning cops will raid and destroy your stash lol XD (Unless you bribe them that is )
Criminals can also open crooked businesses. They could create item monopolies, gambling establishments(Hopefully Soon), etc.
Hell they could build a laundry mat as a front and host a fight club in the back, I don't care, but the players in our FBI will.
I also want to add that I will NOT narc on the criminals to the players that are cops/FBI. It is their job to find that stuff out. I am just the observer, I think this will be a good social experiment to see how players decide to live their lives.

Also I was debating in making this set in the present or totally revamp it for futuristic, meaning flying cars and sci-fi gadgets. I think I will start with this and after awhile host a second server that is based in the future.

My Questions:
Do you guys like the ideas for this server? Or should I nerf it?
Any other ideas that you would like to see implemented into this server?

Any good ideas for ranks? Lowest being "Homeless" by default and the highest Rank being "Tycoon."
mcneprojects
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner