Nothing but Survival server?

EE_Iron's Avatar EE_Iron11/21/15 5:13 pm
1 emeralds 282 6
11/26/2015 2:32 am
RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad
If I were to make a server where it was nothing but survival, no fancy plugins, no fancy buildings...just a plain survival, would you play on it? Would it get popular?
EE_Iron
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/26/2015 2:32 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
For me, best kind of server is to make your own, and play with atleast 4 to 5 friends. The problem is, I do not have any friends who could play and I do not know how to make a pure Minecraft server without hamachi

11/25/2015 9:58 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
I agree that there should be some basic plugins. There are a lot of "vanilla" servers out there which is what your describing. The basic plugins would be essentials, and groupmanager.

Essentials adds /home, /back, /tpa (teleport to other players) and a ton of other commands that will make playing a lot easier. It also allows you to customize chat, the welcome messages, add /rules and customize /help. The list is too long to put here - there are 120 commands in all.

GroupManager allows you to add ranks to your server. It could just be Member, Admin, Owner.
11/22/2015 3:49 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
If it was a server with no plugins and default terrain generation i would not play on it.

I personally need plugins to keep things interesting in minecraft and i also want better minecraft terrains as the default terrain generation is really pathetic in my opinion.

The terrain generation for 1.8 just looks flat, and every forest/desert/plains biome etc you come across lacks anything interesting except for villages and temples and is again "flat". I like exploration so for me to get into a server i need that kind of idea.

If it was a plain survival server with a really nice map/custom terrain to go along with it i would definitely consider it.
11/22/2015 3:21 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
SuperSecretFakeAccount
Mind me for the 1/2 advertisement, but I've already made one! Your welcome to join.

I don't think it would be a giant server, but you could get a small player base.

My server
Click to reveal
185.7.76.214:30112
11/21/2015 9:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Karbru
If its whitelisted I would play, Because that is a private, and there is a less chance of gettings your buildings raided. Public unwhitelisted survival servers don't work, High risk of getting raided, you need at least the basics protection plugins.
11/21/2015 5:32 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I wouldn't. I enjoy survival game-play, but not on pure-vanilla servers. I prefer to play on servers where they have at least basic plugins to aid in moderating the server and preventing player's homes from being griefed.

It's not impossible to get it popular, but it isn't an original idea. It's been done over and over and while you might attract a lot of people tired of today's factions/pvp/hub/minigames/anarchy/prison servers, I can't say I'd see it lasting for very long or getting very big.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome