Planet Minecraft bombarded with noobs

Slaps's Avatar Slaps7/3/13 6:52 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 33
9/7/2013 8:07 am
NinjaCraftofficial's Avatar NinjaCraftofficial
Have you noticed your last 20-30 PMC bumps getting literally no one online? Well I have, every time I bump my server it's knocked off the front page in about a millisecond. In place of my freshly bumped server is a server with 1 Diamond and maybe 10 views... Servers with literally nobody online! Please fix this problem, I've been running my server for a year now, and I'm sick of the noobs sweeping in and stealing all of the players. Most these servers crash and fail in the course of a month. In order to bump a server post the server should at least be on for a week.
Slaps
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

NinjaCraftofficial
09/07/2013 7:23 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
why are you calling them noobs -.-
Cipher_Punk
09/07/2013 8:04 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Because clearly, if they don't enjoy his server, they're not hardcore minecraft gamers with refined tastes, such as himself.
NinjaCraftofficial
09/07/2013 8:07 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Yup there are alot of people like that
Cipher_Punk
09/07/2013 6:47 am
Lithiamath math math

You're funny.

We already have a few spam prevention measures in place, including one that makes any 'bumps' executed within 24 hours of the most recent previous 'bump' do absolutely nothing and reset the timer.
Hobojimmeh
09/07/2013 2:45 am
Level 48 : Master Necromancer
This is the same thing thats happening to my server.. All I get is one person and then they leave after a few hours of playing..
anonpmc881204
09/07/2013 2:41 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
Kfcnyancat
09/07/2013 1:54 am
Level 25 : Expert Pony
Add a twist to your server, especially in the faction department. Too many unoriginal servers.
Advertise.
zacthedead
09/07/2013 1:44 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Well, Here's an idea, post on other sites that pmc?

http://minecraft-server-list.com/
seems to get a decent amount of players online.

TIPS:

Big spawn, Pretty photos,
Easy to read
Don't flood your players with signs when they spawn.
*Just looking at your spawn, it's a little to 'Crowded' Make it open, and easy to get around.*
deltoraquestgirl
09/07/2013 1:40 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Neptonic
deltoraquestgirldid you know that on pmc alone there are over 100 servers?

You don't say...

That has to be a lowball estimate. I'm guessing at least 500 servers, and 1000s of advertisement posts on the forums.

lol yep.
I was just giving the second number that got into my mind... the other one was 1 XD
Neptonic
09/07/2013 1:35 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
deltoraquestgirldid you know that on pmc alone there are over 100 servers?

You don't say...

That has to be a lowball estimate. I'm guessing at least 500 servers, and 1000s of advertisement posts on the forums.
deltoraquestgirl
09/07/2013 1:23 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Okay, I've been watching were this has been going for a little bit, and I really agree with Cipher_Punk.
There are always people who have their own servers out here, and did you know that on pmc alone there are over 100 servers?
Yea.
Its hard. But all you have to do is make it Different.
No one is a noob here, we are all people who play minecraft, and some people are just doing stuff to get noticed, even if it does look like there is room for improvment.
I suggest going on pmc chat and go to the SERVER hall to advertise it there.
EpIc_MiNeCrAfTeR2011
09/07/2013 1:20 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
ikr
Neptonic
09/07/2013 1:14 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
3 mods saying the samething vs. a OP with a problem with a impossible solution.

WHO WILL WIN?

#BlaimParilForStupidStuff.
Z645
09/07/2013 1:09 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Blame the guys telling everyone to make a server if they don't prefer what they get. Many people are starting servers on ancient mofo computers with like 0.01ghz CPUs which run for a week and then are gone. People need to stop telling everyone to make a server.

But like. The bump crap is very annoying. My time that I use to bump at before isn't even a good time anymore. Like 6pm mountain standard use to be perfect for me. It'd get server overloads like 30/30 players. Now its 1/30 every few days.
Cipher_Punk
09/07/2013 1:08 am
Is your server post well constructed, with clear and to-the-point information?

Do you utilize intelligent design in your banners and advertisements?

Are your primary server photos attractive, clean, and do they show something exciting or new to players?

Do players have a good experience on your server that causes them to recommend it to others?

Do you offer the player something different and unique that sets your server apart from the rest?

Have you ever considered the idea that there are a LOT of servers out there, and it's up to you to make yours one worth visiting?

If the answer to any of these is 'no' then you have nobody but yourself to blame for your lack of results.

P.S. - I just went and looked. You definitely have a few no's in there.

Try comparing what you have to some of the more popular server listings. Instead of blaming the users, ask yourself this: What does yours lack? How can you do better? Why is your marketing failing?
Azie
09/07/2013 1:04 am
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
This isn't something we can just "fix". It has to do witht he sheer number of servers.

Make your server stand out and work on your advertising and you won't have this problem.
daniel32145
09/07/2013 1:00 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
I agree, it seems like there are lots more servers now, and that bumping on PMC isn't as effective. In fact I rarely get people on at all when I bump nowadays
DAP
07/06/2013 3:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
First of all, what do you mean noobs? That person with 1 diamond and 10 views is maybe just posting his server, or maybe doing the same thing you are doing, and trying to get it popular. Who says it's a bad server? Did you actually VISIT it? And I think there is nobody online because the person just bumped it.
And how is this a problem? There is no problem with somebody wanting to get more people on their server. If there is, and we make a rule, every server will be pretty much violating it, including yours.
And they are trying to maybe stop it from crashing and burning, or trying to get it popular so it doesn't. And there is no point in having a server online for a week without having anybody on. That doesn't even make any sense.

Please re-think what you wrote.
nickfromgreece
07/06/2013 3:43 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
I think the point were trying to make here is that there are a lot of servers and bumpimping servers gets the server of the first page within the first 2 mins.
DAP
07/06/2013 3:45 pm
Still, the OP is saying the reasons why, which don't make sense, and that this a problem, which it really isn't.
DivineMedicus
07/06/2013 3:29 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
ok some of your guys profile pictures are actually kind of scary..... and trippy....
But anyways, yeah, servers don't get popular by being bumped, and turning hot, good servers eventually rise slowly, don't expect anything fast.
Dohvakiin
07/06/2013 2:52 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
nickfromgreek
The servers can be bumped every 24 hours without abuse and there are 84k servers on PMC everyone bumping once a day.... what do you get?

That basically sums it all up.
Derpinston
07/06/2013 2:39 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Good thing I don't run servers.
DivineMedicus
07/06/2013 2:28 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
your server is actually doing pretty OK.
I mean, it has a pretty good score, plenty of diamonds, etc.
The real problem isn't being bumped off, the real problem you are facing is trying to attract more players.
From experiance, for things like presenting builds, PMC people LOVE to see big things. I don't know why, but for some reason people like quantity more than quality, which is why its sickening. Your server banner should catch players attention, and it should stick out, which is why most of the servers on the top list are all unique in their own way, or have pretty cool banners. Your server also needs better pictures, no offence.
Slaps
07/06/2013 2:21 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja
Don't act like you guys haven't noticed, no matter what time of the day I bump my server it's bumped off my noobs...
fox_news
07/06/2013 2:41 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Programmer
do it at midnight
PizzaPenguin_
07/06/2013 2:45 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
Timezones, buddy.
nickfromgreece
07/06/2013 2:35 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
Im doing a example with all submissions here:
Some time ago you were able to delete update logs,
some noobs abused that feature so they deleted an update log and reposted it so it gets bumped.. when they removed that... my mod was updated 2 weeks ago and its still on the 3rd/4rth page

The servers can be bumped every 24 hours without abuse and there are 84k servers on PMC everyone bumping once a day.... what do you get?
NathanLithia
09/07/2013 4:30 am
Level 44 : Master Network
If everyone Bumped theyre server in order in a 1 second gap
8400 Seconds Divided by 60 = 1400 mins
1400 mins Divided by 60 = 23 hours

So you will have Servers Flooding the front cover for 23 hours straight

which gives you 1 hour immune time

But due to timezones and unsorted bumping it would be impossible really

YET even people can Macro bump it with Keyboard controllers
Paril do me a favor and add a catchapha to server bumping for me plz?

For example

X=(location of bump button)
Y=(location of bump button)
loop
{
Random, OutputVar, 100, 300
www.planetminecraft.com
click{Y=%yaxis%, %Xaxis%
sleep(5184%outputvar%)
}
wade654
07/03/2013 7:20 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
I will admit, it is quite annoying when your submission gets booted off the front page or server gets booted off becuase some noob bumped it once. So, in other words, I agree with you.
ASF
07/03/2013 7:19 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
I have the solution:
Bump your server at a different time. IE, when the "noobs" bump theirs, wait a little and bump yours.
Also, if they "crash and fail", why is it such a big problem? Why don't you do some better advertising?
Team Vindicta
07/03/2013 7:20 pm
Level 45 : Master Miner
+1
Smokeythenoob
07/03/2013 7:15 pm
o.o
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com