PLEASE HELP! Trying to make a texture pack!

Arkon's Avatar Arkon4/20/15 2:06 pm
1 emeralds 383 7
6/18/2015 4:09 am
tobbestark's Avatar tobbestark
Hi! i'm trying to make a texture pack, i can make the particles and the GUI stuff, i made some items stuff but for some reason i can't make the swords or the blocks and even more! I'm using paint.net and iv'e downloaded the default texture pack and for some reason when i try to open some of the texture it says: Image isn't recognized or something like that, please help!

PS:
If i downloaded the default texture pack and then i change some stuff can i upload it to planet minecraft? or do i need anything special?

PS again:
I went to the versions folder and i found a 1.8.3 java file so i opened it as a IZarc file and extract it, then i erased all the stuff i don't need for a texture pack and now i can paint blocks (turns out i went to a whole different folder last time xD), does it count's as a copy write from Mojang?
-Thanks Anyway!
Arkon
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/14/2015 5:27 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Vectorvital
An easier way to get to .minecraft other than searching for %appdata% is this:
Open the minecraft launcher, click "edit profile", then click in the bottom right "Open game DIR". That will bring you to .minecraft every time!
06/18/2015 4:09 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Yeah, that works too. And if you're on Windows you can pin that folder to the Explorer and just rightclick on the explorer icon and click .minecraft. That way it's even easier
04/21/2015 7:55 am
Arkon
Okay, thanks for all of you, if you do find a way to help me with the first issue or if you know someone that can help me please tell me
04/20/2015 2:18 pm
tobbestark
I have no idea of what's wrong, but you don't have to download the textures. You just have to open the latest minecraft jar and copy the assets folder.
And yes you can upload it. But the texturepack can't contain minecraft placeholders, (the default textures).
04/21/2015 8:23 am
Arkon
Where can i get to the minecraft.jar? couldn't find it and i don't know where to look xD
05/13/2015 7:20 pm
tobbestark
First you open the explorer (in Windows) and search whole computer for "%appdata%" and open the folder ".minecraft". You might wanna pin that folder so you can get back easily. Now you open "versions" and then, depending on what version you want the texturepack to be compatible with, open the version you want, example 1.8.4 and then you'll see a "1.8.4.jar" and a "1.8.4.json". Now open the 1.8.4.jar with a preferred archiver, I prefer jZip because it's totally free and easy to use. (If you don't have any archiver, remember never to download from "softonic.com". Remember, never) After opening the .jar with any archiver and copy the "assets" folder to any folder on the desktop. Then you can remove every folder and files you don't have to use, like the font folder and shaders folder. Mostly all you need is the textures folder, and maybe the text and lang folder. And if you know json coding the models and blockstates folder can come in handy
04/20/2015 2:15 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Not sure about your first issue, but I can answer your second question.

Using the default Minecraft texture pack as a template so you get all the file names and locations correct is fine; however, you may not include any texture that is not your own in the texture pack you upload to our site. This means you must remove any default Minecraft texture from your texture pack before you upload it here, otherwise it can be removed and you can be banned.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome