[Staff Request] PMC Advertisement spam

badboy3246's Avatar badboy32465/29/15 8:33 am
5/29/2015 5:41 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
This thread is for the staff of PMC to read.

Hello, I'm having a problem with your website. I'm not sure if it's client or server side (Me or you) but every time I go to a new page, every time I make a post, every time I do something that requires the page to change. I get a stupid ad that comes up taking the whole section of my screen, notifying me about "DC Universe" I know how ads work, and how if you visit a certain website and go to a different one, you'll see suggested ads on that previous website. But never have I done anything related to that ad. Anyway, if this is a problem that can be fixed, please do so. It's really annoying. Thanks
badboy3246
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2015 5:24 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Taco
Coltron9000
I have contempt for disabling my adblock... however PMC is the one site I'm ok with seeing a few ads on.
05/29/2015 12:32 pm
badboy3246
wemja
badboy3246This thread is for the staff of PMC to read.

Hello, I'm having a problem with your website. I'm not sure if it's client or server side (Me or you) but every time I go to a new page, every time I make a post, every time I do something that requires the page to change. I get a stupid ad that comes up taking the whole section of my screen, notifying me about "DC Universe" I know how ads work, and how if you visit a certain website and go to a different one, you'll see suggested ads on that previous website. But never have I done anything related to that ad. Anyway, if this is a problem that can be fixed, please do so. It's really annoying. Thanks

Do you use mac or windows, do you have a virusscan installed.
I have never had this issue so it may be client-side.
Did you have this on other websites too?

Windows
McAfee
Just this website
05/29/2015 12:02 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
wemja
badboy3246This thread is for the staff of PMC to read.

Do you use mac or windows, do you have a virusscan installed.
I have never had this issue so it may be client-side.
Did you have this on other websites too?
05/29/2015 11:45 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I have been getting the exact same add... It takes up the whole page and its really annoying. I even got it on my phone this morning.
05/29/2015 11:10 am
badboy3246
AzieReport auto-playing/intrisive ads to Paril so they can be reported to our ad provider.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/Paril

Thanks Azie
05/29/2015 10:37 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Report auto-playing/intrisive ads to Paril so they can be reported to our ad provider.

www.planetminecraft.com/member/Paril
05/29/2015 10:00 am
badboy3246
k
05/29/2015 9:57 am
Level 1 : New Network
TheGrimGamer14
Simple Fix Get Ad Blocker
05/29/2015 9:59 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
05/29/2015 12:50 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
then pmc get less advert revenue from adverts being shown, that would make pmc no longer a free website
05/29/2015 12:56 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
I believe that the ad provider is paid to show people's ads, then the ad provider pays PMC for showing said ads. So, no matter how many people get Adblock, it will never interfere with PMC's ability to make revenue off of it.
05/29/2015 3:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
wemja
This is not true, adblock blocks the adds from the add server, if the image is not shown there will not be add revenue for pmc.

However it may be that this is a pmc add. in that case its fair that you block this site.

I use adblock but I disable it for most site I often visit and that deserve the money.
05/29/2015 5:41 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
As I said, "I believe". Thank you for clearing that up.

Anyway, ads on PMC aren't really that bad. Let me tell you how to easily remove annoying ones, without blocking every single ad.

On my Adblock software, it has an extension menu with the ability to turn it on/off for that page. It also has the ability to block single ads on any pages too. So, if you see something annoying, but doesn't fit the description of ads that you can ask Paril to remove, just use that.
05/29/2015 9:55 am
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
I'd suggest sending the link of the ad to Paril or a super mod and they can report the ad. This is normally what people do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome