[1.7.10] [Modded] Unsupported Modded Version

ParadoxMM's Avatar ParadoxMM3/13/17 9:00 pm
1 emeralds 5.3k 1
3/14/2017 6:22 am
guestds's Avatar guestds
Okay, so my friend recently started having trouble with her Minecraft. She uses 1.7.10 and has OceanCraft, MatterOverdrive, and Tinker's Construct. The game worked perfectly for her until the launcher update, and just the other day it crashed on startup. All she told me was she received a message saying "unsupported modified version."

She is running the latest Java, and her PC's specs are, as she said, "overpowered." She has tried the normal stuff (uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft and the mods, reinstalling Forge, trying the vanilla version, etc.).

If you can provide any assistance, I'd be extremely grateful.

P.S. There was no crash report, so that won't be of any help.
ParadoxMM
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
03/14/2017 6:22 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
Click to reveal
Karrthus
qwerty55Anyone else have problems with the new launcher?

Crashes 50% of the time - is getting fairly tedious -.-

if you have having a lot of trouble with the new launcher you can download the old one from here (windows. second one)
https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative

98% sure this will solve the problems...

you should be able to get the crash report by changing the settings to reopen the launcher after minecraft closes if it doesnt give it to you automatically

either that or check the logs/crash files that should help too... idk though i dont remember ever having a crash that didnt give me the report through the launcher and i have it not to reopen the launcher if minecraft closes...

also are you able to use optifine by itself with minecraft? aka optifine installed not in the mods with forge?

also when you say trying the vanilla version... do you mean pure vanilla minecraft is being dead with this? if so first record whats happening and send all log files to mojang for support with that (just make a folder somewhere and copy all the .minecraft stuff into it and then go to the older launcher to prevent from accidently overwriting a file that could be really useful) make sure to check mojang for support about this first though to try preventing accidently having multiple people ask the same thing
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome