Votifier not working.

Solarbyte's Avatar Solarbyte4/27/17 4:15 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 3
5/9/2017 12:11 pm
uSneakyyMurican's Avatar uSneakyyMurican
I went through hell today trying to get Votifier to work, I changed the port and followed all the steps correctly, but when I tried to test it, the connection always timed out.

I read somewhere that I should enable query or whatever. I tried doing that, but I saw that my server has no server.properties. I host it on minecraft-hosting.pro and they have a "settings" page to edit some of the properties usually on the server.properties, but not for enabling query.

I'm running spigot 1.8.8 and my plugins are: Essentials, GroupManager, LogBlock, Vault, iConomy, Factions, Lockette, MassiveCore, mcMMO, RandomTP, server signs, WorldEdit and WorldGuard.

If I missed giving out any information please let me know.
Solarbyte
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/09/2017 12:11 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
uSneakyyMurican
When you set up votifier, there's a few steps to follow. Firstly, on the voting site you're on, you will have to usually select a box saying "I am using Votifier." It'll ask you for your server's votifier IP, votifier port, and the public votifier key. It's really simple.

Open your votifier folder in your plugins folder. Open up config.yml. You can copy the information straight from there. The IP is your server's IP, and the port is usually 8192. There's the rare case where there's another server on your IP with a different port also using votifer. And if you both use the 8192 you may have problems. In which case you can change it to anything... just make sure you change it both, in the config.yml and on the website.

Next, open up the "rsa" folder in the votifier folder and open the public.key. Just ctrl+a to select all, and then ctrl+c to copy it. Ctrl+v to paste it in the public key box on the website. Now if you upload your server it should work properly. HOWEVER

If you're wanting to do rewards, you need to specify what rewards plugin you're using in the config.yml of votifier. If you're using GAListener, you can change the votifier to listen to that by changing the listener_folder (in the config.yml still) to plugins/GAListener
04/30/2017 1:31 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
kaizenworlds
Just curious, why MC 1.8? All the plugins I see there will work on 1.11.2

Also can you provide your server address?
04/27/2017 11:09 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Spigot
Hello,

Are you currently using GAListener or only Votifier?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome