{ Quest of heroes } - { OOC Thread }

Korigon's Avatar Korigon6/9/13 5:08 pm
1 emeralds 3.4k 169
2/22/2014 5:48 pm
owenLFC02's Avatar owenLFC02

{Lore}

Walls are crumbling after holding up for a long time. The king is sending out a team of heroes to kill the source of evil. I had a longer lore, but I've gotten rid of it.

{ Rules }

[1]Don't munchkin, god mod, meta game, and everything in that general area.
[2] No story derailing/hijacking
[3 Made up races are okay, but they have to be very detailed and not overpowered.
[4]Make sure your romances do not go beyond what you might see in a PG-13 film. ( Relationships are allowed, just don't be stupid with them. )
[5]One liners are not allowed. Detailed three sentences at a minimum.
[6] Do your best when it comes to your application.
[7] Feel free to make as many characters as you like, an application for each of course.
[8] Don't excessively one line. I'm ok with it on some occasions, and I won't force you to add detail, but please don't just do one liners.
[9]Roleplay realistically. No fifteen year old is going to go on a quest, and no eighteen year old is going to be an amazing swordsman.
[10] To confirm you read all the rules, put Mirius in “Anything else.”

{ Application format }

Name:

Appearance:

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. )

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. )

Backstory:

Anything else:

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best:

Acceptor list.

Click to reveal
Korigon, Deth_Glitch, NortherngameR, Oni_Link

Accepted list.

None yet.

IC Thread: None yet. Need three people to apply and be accepted at minimum.
Korigon
Retired Moderator
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2014 5:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
NorthernGamR
Sorry man. This RP is dead.
02/22/2014 5:48 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
owenLFC02
oh ok
02/22/2014 5:03 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
owenLFC02
Name: Kieran Elric

Appearance: 6 foot tall and has black hair in an Emo style

Race: Terramorph

Gender: whatever form it takes on (preferably it takes on the male gender of whatever species it morphes into)

Class: Rogue Assassin

Backstory: it is a older sibling of the Elric brothers. his farther was terramorph so it went with him. he has been hired by many people to assassinate there enemies.

Anything else:mirrius

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: i will be able to roleplay from 3 oclock on weekdays and whenever on weekends
01/22/2014 9:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
Death_Butter
Name: Hugo Von Shmugo

Appearance: http://imgur.com/mpxw1fO img doesn't work

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. ) goblins

Gender male

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. )Theif (steals food from the village goblins

Backstory: when Hugo was a young hob gob (name for small goblins) his parents died in war. Hugo was hidden though in their closet so nothing killed him. His whole town was destroyed. Hugo was in the closet for 4 days until he came out. When he came out he say his parents dead on the ground. He stayed in the village until he was 14. That's when he left to find another village. He had been searching for 5 months until he found one that was goblins at least he thought it was it was gremlins. After living their for 5 more years he eventually caught on he was different after living in the library for a year and a half and meeting traveling goblins he went walking again, this time he new where to go. Hugo as going to San Fofnasco a place just off the coast of Isnondor http://imgur.com/mAel6hF (San Fofnasco) after getting their at the age of 21 he got a job just a week after being there he was... Nothing he couldn't get a job that fast, he had no money so to get food he had to steal. When he was 22 he bought a house with money he got from selling shiny rocks and shells. He still steals food but he's gotten way better at it. The town found out about the stealing and kicked him out. Then Hugo after a while of walking found... The King...

Anything else: mirius

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: yes of course
01/22/2014 7:46 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Ranger
GreenSonicWave
Bump.
12/22/2013 6:06 pm
GreenSonicWave
Bump.
11/29/2013 2:07 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
Ehh, your sentence structure would use some work as you use commas in the wrong places etc. Maybe you should fesh out the story a little more aswell. As it stands it's rather brief, jumping from one event to another too quickly for my liking and explaining fairly little of his life. Those parts which are explained aren't done so in much detail and lack a depth.

Final verdict:

Accepted: []
Declined: [X]

Review your app and consult what I've been over in my analysis. If two other acceptors OR Kori accept your app my verdict will be made null and you shall be able to RP. If the above conditions aren't met you are required to correct your app and have me/a different acceptor review it again.
11/29/2013 1:25 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Elvengarda
hello?
11/26/2013 3:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Elvengarda
name: Vince(nt) Gabriel Lambert

appearance: Vince is rather tall, but has a thin, slender figure. His length isn‘t the eyecatcher about him though; he has white hair, not light blonde, we‘re talking about snow-like white. To go with that, he has a pale skin, but he doesn‘t look unhealthy. His eyes are golden, and so are the two mars on his hands. The marks resemble the five-pointed star, and when he holds them in front of his eyes, they resemble the divine symbol. Others, on the other hand, often looked over it and saw a mark of evil. This leading to some fair amount of problems later on.

race: human, but slighty modified due to a natural high affinity with light magic.

class: I'd say close combat magician

backstory: Vince was born in a mediocre family, in a mediocre town, not rich, not poor. The kingdom he lived in, resented the work of mind and magic, and was very proud of it's strong, skilled warriors. Magic is for the weak, anything strange or related to magic is weak, and therefore bad. Vince's white hair, golden eyes and marks made him into an outcast. As long as he covered himself, it wasn't that bad though, so he wore gloves and hoods constantly. Up until the age of 13 he managed to live a fairly normal life that way, although more lonely than usual. He never showed signs of magical powers either, which helped to ease the critics.
Things turned wrong, when an extremely conservative band rose, supported by most of the civilians; the White Protectors. Their campaign went everywhere, to purify the land of evil powers, read; all that is magical or different. The story of a white haired, golden eyed boy was fairly spread in the province, and it didn't take long before the Protectors raided the town. Taking hostages and burning everything. Vince got heavily wounded, but survived. Watching everything else around him burn, on the brink of death, strangers either taking or burning everyone he cared about. This included his little sister of 7.
Somehow he managed to heal without a single scar, as if nothing ever happened. In his memory, on the other hand, the memory was as bright as the fires were, a craving for vengeance growing with each day. To get by, he quickly learned how to hide himself, unseen, so none would know he was any different. Everywhere he came, he followed the Protectors, and the trail of destruction and horror they left. The injustice done everywhere only fed his hatred, driving him to train to become stronger, and to keep on going. And maybe, he would be able to take his little sister back.
(will be continued )

anything else: I think Mirius is the password
11/26/2013 1:49 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books

"Oh, it's nothing personal. I just have to possess you now."
Name: Janette McKarthee

Appearance: ^^^^

Race: Ghost (See backstory :3)

Class: Ghost…perhaps a maid?

Backstory: Soon, my dear

Anything else: Mirius and placeholder. Don't deny yet, I'll leave explainations.

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: I am willing to rp to my greatest ability, yet I do not promise to constantly be on.
11/23/2013 10:59 pm
Level 27 : Expert Princess
Jesuitical
Name: ??? (The characters can name him once they meet.)

Appearance: Smoke human shape / Armored (think daedric/Sauron)--the armor is not part of his ability so it can break or come off. / Unarmored he is literally just a shadow/smokey shape (read below if skeptical)

Race: Human(cursed)

Class: Bad guy/Sorcerer/Conjurer

Backstory: Normal human who lived in the castle walls (292 years ago). Was into sorcery. Was being mentored by master sorcerer. Caught doing dark magic, master interrupted dangerous spell, character was cursed.

Now he is an immortal (mostly) dark smoke/fog/whatever being. He has spent his immortal life attacking the walls in hope of finding and attacking his old mentor. (He is sentient but not enough to understand it has been 300 years.)

His abilities and weaknesses are pretty straightforward. Can change into smoke, conjure items and weapons from a semi-hardened smoke, create (very weak) minions. His weaknesses are storms (hurt he can be blown away) and water. If he is attacked, he can turn the specific part of his body into smoke and it won't affect him. That being said, if he is caught off guard it can affect him, because he won't have time to react. With the water, if a weapon is coated with water it can touch him, and when in rain/water he and creations are weakened.

Anything else: I'm on my mobile so it's really hard to type all this and format it so sorry for it being so short. Look past that because you love me thx.

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: something something mirius
11/24/2013 7:14 am
Korigon
Hur dur accepted. Horrible backstory but I know how you RP anyway.
11/23/2013 8:07 pm
Jesuitical
Is this horrible evil off limits to RP as? I sort of have an awesome idea. I can tell you on Skype if you want.
11/23/2013 8:01 pm
Korigon
Still going on. Tldr, we're just wandering around killing innocent people and Taints. Yeahh, stuffs gotten off course..We're still trying to find the horrible evil.
11/23/2013 8:00 pm
Jesuitical
Is this still going on? I'll apply if it is and someone gives me a tldr since I'm late.
11/16/2013 1:39 pm
NorthernGamR
Seems good to me. Accepted.
11/16/2013 1:21 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
wade654
Just enter with you wandering around and now you've found the trader's camp.
11/16/2013 9:26 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
Quick question. I've been reading the RP a bit, and you're obviously no longer at the beginning of the journey. If accepted, how should I enter? :3
I've always found jumping into semi-established RPs awkward.
11/16/2013 1:47 am
CalPal_
NorthernGamR
MGB_
-snip-

Looks like we are getting a second Monk in the RP. Maybe add a bit more to the backstory and you'll be accepted.

Well, I beefed it up a bit, tell me what you think. Considering the fact that it's almost 2 AM, and I'm doing this with a Wii (don't ask) it might have become worse. xD
11/15/2013 9:52 pm
NorthernGamR
MGB_Name: Akya Rhyselin

Appearance:
Click to reveal

yeah it's talim gotta prob

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. ): Human.

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. ): Disciple of the Light. A ancient, secret sect of warriors who believe in a controlling force they call The Light. Uses Tonfas to fight.

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Akya was orphaned at the age of 3 when a band of vicious bandits attacked the small village that she lived in. Her Village, Alavka, was miles away from any large city, so there was no hope of help. The bandits killed everybody in the village, except for the children, leaving them to fend for themselves. They did not expect any of the children to live.

However, one did. A strange traveler came along and searched though the villages charred remains, and found Akya, alone and scared. He took her away from the destruction, ignoring the screams of the rest of the dying children. There was nothing he could do to help them. He took her away to a large monastery, tucked away in the mountains, dedicated to upholding the Light.

Akya is now 16. It is now time for her to leave the monastery where the strange man left her 13 years ago. Here, she had been taught and mastered the use of the ancient weapons known as Tonfas. Tonfas are equally harmless and deadly, just like Akya herself. She was sent from the monastery, like so many before her with two missions. The first, to help uphold the power of Light in the land of Mirius. The second, to find more trainees for the secret monastery in the mountains. She was given directions to Carmichele, and told to start her quest there.

Of course, when she reached the city, she found it destroyed. She went on to Losavis, and then to Zatavis. Finding these cities in the same condition, she went onward to Verdinshire. It is here where we catch up with young Akya Rhyselin, her story as a disciple of the Light just beginning...

Anything else: I think this is set in Mirius, right?

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: I suppose. Heh.

Looks like we are getting a second Monk in the RP. Maybe add a bit more to the backstory and you'll be accepted.
11/15/2013 9:43 pm
CalPal_
Finished a rough-ish form of it. Could use some more work.
11/15/2013 4:26 pm
wade654
I await the end of your backstory. We kinda need RP'er to keep the pace up.
11/15/2013 4:18 pm
CalPal_
Name: Akya Rhyselin

Appearance:
Click to reveal

yeah it's talim gotta prob

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. ): Human.

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. ): Disciple of the Light. A ancient, secret sect of warriors who believe in a controlling force they call The Light. Uses Tonfas to fight. Also semi-proficient in martial arts, and use of the staff as a weapon.

Backstory:
Click to reveal
Akya was orphaned at the age of 3 when a band of young bandits attacked the small village that she lived in. Her Village, Alavka, was miles away from any large city, so there was no hope of help. The bandits killed everybody in the village, except for the children, leaving them to fend for themselves. It is not known why they did this, perhaps they could not bring themselves to do it. They did not expect any of the children to survive.

However, one did. A strange traveler came along and searched though the village's charred remains. He found Akya, hungry, alone, and scared. He took her away from the destruction, ignoring the screams of the rest of the dying children. There was nothing he could do to help them. He took her away to a large monastery, tucked away in the mountains, dedicated to upholding the Light.

Akya is now 16. It is now time for her to leave the monastery where the strange man left her 13 years ago. Here, she had been taught and mastered the use of the ancient weapons known as Tonfas. Tonfas are equally harmless and deadly, just like Akya herself. Also taught to Akya was the religeon of these strange monks. They (and now she) believed that all events that happened in Mirius was the will of an all-poweful being, that they called only "The Light."She was sent from the monastery, like so many before her with two missions. The first, to uphold and protect the power of Light in the land of Mirius though any means nessesary. The second, to find more children trainees for the secret monastery in the mountains, much like the traveler had done with her. She was given two new sets of tonfas; one set metal and deadly, one set wooden and peaceful; directions to Carmichele; and was instructed to start her quest there.

Of course, when she reached the city, she found it long destroyed by the Taints. She went on to Losavis, and then to Zatavis. Finding these cities in the same condition, she went onward to Verdinshire. It is here where we catch up with young Akya Rhyselin, her story as a Disciple of the Light just beginning...

A bit of a side note: Due to her beliefs and general personality traits, Akya avoids killing as much as possible. That is why she uses the Tonfas, which are usually a non-deadly weapon.
Think.... Batman, except she WILL kill if she absolutely has to.

Anything else: I think this is set in Mirius, right?

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: I suppose. Heh.
11/15/2013 7:59 am
CalPal_
I'll apply when I get back to my home.
I must get back into RPing.
11/06/2013 9:09 pm
wade654
Sweet. Back in the saddle!
11/06/2013 6:23 pm
wade654
Name: Phil McGalling

Appearance: 5' 11"

Race: As human as a Mirian can be

Class: Gentleman swordsman

Backstory: Born on the eastern tip of Briton, his family fell on hard times soon after he was born. Emigrating across the channel to Mirius, his family got jobs as servants and shop-workers. However, he was different from the mold. His father left a dagger sitting, and, in his hurry, knocked it off the counter, towards the young Phil. Luckily, Phil caught the blade as it neared his 4-year old head and tossed it back onto the counter. Soon after, he was shipped off the military school. There, he learned the art of chivalry... and how to slice a man's jugular off with one flick of his sharp, metal wrist extension. He graduated top of his class, went adventuring once, and retired using the proceeds from his adventures. He now resides as a guard of a small merchant caravan, wishing to return to the good ole' days of adventure and fame.

Anything else: As I've said, he's from Mirius

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best:

Most definitely
11/06/2013 8:54 pm
NorthernGamR
Since this is your third app and we know you are a good RPer by now, I won't go asking for a longer backstory. Accepted
10/04/2013 9:58 pm
wade654
Freakin sweet
10/04/2013 7:18 pm
Korigon
GreenSonicWave has been accepted via PM
10/04/2013 5:34 pm
wade654
Shall I accept him, Kori? He added what was needed.
10/04/2013 2:55 pm
GreenSonicWave
Is it okay that I make my character an adept Ranger and he's only 18, because his father was an expert Ranger?
10/04/2013 2:53 pm
GreenSonicWave
Thanks, I'll check right the rules right now. So, fix some stuff and I'm good?
10/04/2013 2:33 pm
Korigon
Aye, I would accept you, but please re-read the rules, Green.
10/03/2013 8:59 pm
wade654
You forgot one thing, Green. Otherwise, solid RP
10/03/2013 8:46 pm
GreenSonicWave
Breathing more steadily. Let's do this.
10/03/2013 8:41 pm
GreenSonicWave
Note: This is my first application for a Fourm Roleplay, but I do play games like Pathfinder and Warmachine with my dad and my brothers. Not then, let's get this application going.

Name: Will Anderling

Appearance: Brown, sort of curly brown hair, brown eyes, dark green cloak, gray shirt, leather belt, brown pants, and dark hardened leather boots. His equipment includes: His leather belt holds two knife sheaths -- one for a smaller throwing knife, and the other for a longer, knife for close combat fights. His main weapon is a bow, with a leather tough leather quiver, and steel tipped arrows. Occasionaly, he sometimes has a travel pack, for traveling purposes. He is also five feet, three inches. He also weighs 160 pounds.

Race: Human

Class: Ranger, highly skilled.

Backstory: When Will was just a boy (12 to be exact), his mid-sized busy town of Moss Bridge was under siege by the Taints. Will's father was named Peter. Peter was the Ranger of Moss Bridge. Peter was one of the most skilled Ranger, so The Ranger's Guild decided to dispatch him to Moss Bridge, to protect it. Will's mother died of childbirth, so Peter had to raise Will all by himself. Peter would take him to minor Ranger's Tasks, such as hunting rabbits for the Guild Campouts.

Let's get down to the story. Peter knew his job, he had to protect the town. But he knew that his son was more important. Peter sent a messenger hawk to the Town of the Guild, obviously where the Rangers were located. The note said that Peter and his son, Will Anderling, were leaving the town of Moss Bridge because Peter knew that Moss Bridge would fall within twelve hours. Peter ordered Will to pack his travel pack quickly. When Will asked Peter why there were leaving, all Peter said was: "We're going to the Guild Town." Will nodded and was excited. Peter's face was grim, and dark.

Peter and Will left on horseback. It was evening when the Taints came. A small Taint Scout Party came. Will was terrified! There were five of them, one in obviously the captain of the team, one an archer, two swordsman, and one dark mage. The battle was intense. Peter threw his throwing knife at the archer as the archer shot his bow, the knife split the arrow and hit the archer straight in the eye. Will hid in the trees, climbed from tree to tree. He dropped behind the dark mage, who was in the back, healing the Taint warriors as they fought. Will stuck his close combat in the back, near the heart. Or so Will thought. Taints don't have hearts. The dark mage turned around knife in back. Will jumped into the bushes, shuffling around without making any noise, and little movement.

Will jumped out of the bushes, while the Taint was not looking. Will kicked the knife that was in the Taint's back. The dark mage looked down, and part of the hilt sticking out. The Taint let out a hellish scream. The Taint fell to the ground, dead. The captain and his swordsmen were focused on Peter. Peter knew he couldn't hide, because then they would focus on his son. Will shot the captain in the back, and he turned around. Will shot repeatedly, but the captain slowly edged towards him. Then, a throwing knife took the captain down, and he fell six inches in front of Will's feet. Then he noticed the Rangers. Six of them one horseback surrounded where Peter was. The Ranger that killed the Captain was now joining the the six. Peter lay on the ground, with a pool of black and red blood around him. The swordsmen lay around him. Will felt tears go down his face, his eyes feeling dark. A cold hand gripped his heart as he realized that his only friend dead. All of the Rangers were looking at him, waiting for a response. They were all deeply sad too.

The Rangers took him back to the Guild Town. Will went to Great Hall, in the center in the Guild Town. They had meetings in the Great Hall. Will was brought before the Ranger Leader, Cal'Lier, the Elven Ranger, and the rest of the Guild Council, which was all Adept Rangers and higher. Will classified as an Adept Ranger, because of his skills. They asked him many questions, some odd, some normal. They asked him to leave, and voted.

When Will came back, they cheered his name. Will felt better, and everyone slowly silenced. Once everyone silenced, and Cal'Lier's voice boomed. He exclaimed: "Will Anderling, you have now been chosen to be my second in command. I met your dad at a young age. He made me promise that if he ever died, he wanted you to be safe. I made that promise." Will was shocked. Will didn't know what to say. Before he could say anything, Cal'Lier's voice boomed again. He was told that he was going to Mirius. To defend. To attack. To save. Like his father.

The future is yet to be told. . .

Anything else: Will is a natural leader, and loves to help. Will thinks a lot, and is a confusing soul. He can be dark and depressed, or happy and optimistic. That makes him the most "human" out of all of the group. Mirius.

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: Of course! I wouldn't be applying if I wasn't gonna be active. Thank you for this opportunity!

I hope you accept my application! Also, can I be PM'd about me being accepted?

EDIT: I added Mirius.
09/27/2013 6:26 pm
wade654
Awesome! I shall enact my duties as weapons saler as soon as possible.
09/27/2013 9:41 am
Korigon
Eraptor, denied. Please fix up grammar and I'll reconsider.

Wade, you're accepted ( Again ) I know enough about how you roleplay to know you won't go crazy and do stupid things.
09/26/2013 7:43 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Eraptor145
I edited it
09/26/2013 7:01 pm
wade654
Eraptor145name: erickir matthias
Appearance:5'10 dirtyblond hair, green eyes, fair skin
race:elf
age 19
class apprentice ranger
Backstory: Erickir is an average elf, he was adopted by his human godparents as a baby. He was raised in a middle class area of a small village, his father was a townguard and his mother was an enchantress. he went to school at an young age, his parents wanted him to be a scholar. But as an older child he felt strongly for animals and archery. At 15 he apprenticed to a elder ranger who taught him alot about taming animals and archery. at 19 he left his apprenticeship early because he heard a rumor that his home town was attacked. the only thing he grabbed was his hunting shortbow, steel dagger, and brought his new wolf puppy.

I am willing to active roleplay and participate.

Longer backstory should do. Though, I could be mistaken.
09/26/2013 3:09 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Eraptor145
name: erickir matthias
Appearance:
race:elf
age 19
class apprentice ranger
Backstory: Erickir is an average elf, he was adopted by his human godparents as a baby. He was raised in a middle class area of a small village, his father was a townguard and his mother was an enchantress. he went to school at an young age, his parents wanted him to be a scholar. But as an older child he felt strongly for animals and archery. At 15 he apprenticed to a elder ranger who taught him alot about taming animals and archery. at 19 he left his apprenticeship early because he heard a rumor that his home town was attacked. the only thing he grabbed was his hunting shortbow, steel dagger, and brought his new wolf puppy, Archemedes. They headed north for 12 days, until they reached the gates of the town, which was a organized pile of rubble. He fell to his knees "no... no no no." as the feeling started sinking in, archemedes ran off barking deeper into the town. Erickir chased archemedes until they reach his old yard, where he found the skeletons of his parents. Rage made his body tremble, but his fury was inturupted by a taint climbing out of his home's rubble. He screamed chargeing forward steel dagger drawn "die! you Monster!" He kiled it swiftly. but just as soon as he arrived he left the town, vowing to help those in need.

I am willing to active roleplay and participate.
09/25/2013 9:14 pm
wade654
Updated the character submission with a better backstory.
09/19/2013 10:21 pm
wade654
Alrighty then. Challenge accepted. I'll do it tomorrow.
09/19/2013 6:47 pm
NorthernGamR
wade654Name: Paul Geuirnivarius

Appearance: 5' 8", brown, messy hair, green eyes

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. ) Human

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. ) Merchant/Thief

Backstory: A very typical man, Paul went to school at an average. He graduated from the local college with a degree in banking. He lived a long and happy life until the Taints came. He fought at many of the sieges, picking off the Taints from the back (or so he thought). After that, he met up with a merchant caravan and (after showing a knack for selling things) was offered a job dealing weapons. He accepted and remains with the caravan to this day. It is rumored that once, when he got into a fight, he chopped off a man's hand using only a small knife.

Other than that, he's completely ordinary.

(I know it's not as long as the others)

Anything else: He lives in the grand nation of Mirius, with no kids or spouse.

Ehh denied. Sorry wade. Probably try adding more to the backstory.
09/17/2013 8:54 pm
wade654
Name: Paul Geuirnivarius

Appearance: 5' 8", brown, messy hair, green eyes

Race: ( Read the rule regarded races for this. ) Human

Class: ( Think wizard, assassin, swordsman, archer, and so on. ) Merchant/Thief

Backstory: From a small age, Paul was a master mathematician. He consistently did well on his tests and was accepted into a very nice university. He went to said prodigious university and earned a degree in Mathematics while taking courses in writing. He dropped out after earning his Math degree as, "the world needs number-counters, not writers". Sadly, he was wrong. Deeply impoverished, he took to a life of a beggar, living on the streets of his hometown. While his parents were still alive, he could not swallow his pride long enough to live at home. After starving for a while, he began to steal small amounts of bread, then later booze, then later a knife, from the local general store. He did this for a few years until the Taints came. He took his small knife and loped off a Taint's head. Alas, the Taint kicked his ass and moved on.

A few days had passed from that incident when a merchant caravan found him wandering the streets. They armed and armored him, clothed him, and fed him. Accepting their offer or work and protection, he climbed aboard their caravan. After proving his worth selling crap weapons to traveling warriors, he was promoted to "lead weapons dealer". The caravan travelled for a while before settling on top of a hill. Then he loped a guys arm off. That guy's name was Jim. Jim was a Taint.

Long story short, Paul kicked one Taints ass, then got kicked again. Currently, he is being nursed back to health by the caravan, though can still be occasionally found if you need a weapon.... for the right price.

(I know it's not as long as the others)

Anything else: He lives in the grand nation of Mirius, with no kids or spouse.
08/25/2013 4:28 pm
wade654
It's not dead yet! It only has a flesh wound!

In all seriousness, this is a semi-active thread. It just needs a few more active people to join it to make it not as dead (I think. I wouldn't know for sure, as I quit the RP because of time constraints.)
08/26/2013 5:17 pm
NorthernGamR
Wade is pretty much correct... It is just having a hard time breathing but if more people join we should be good.
08/25/2013 4:08 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
Farseer Caltair
This dead yet? If not, I suppose I can throw an app together.
08/12/2013 8:51 pm
Korigon
Quite, a few, grammar, mistakes, if you, know what, I mean.

But other than that it looks good. Accepted.
08/12/2013 8:32 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Shvinkly

"Here you face Xanthius, the greatest General of all the Steurman, conqueror of many clans. I bring death to my opponents and honor to my clan. But alas, the time for talking is over, and your death is long overdue."

Name: Xanthius

Appearance: See above

Race: Steurmen
Click to reveal
The Steurmen are a race of humanoids who have surprisingly, strong, scaly skin. The Steurmen are not a well-known race, due to the fact that most of them live in small villages near many dangers. The Steurmen people are split into clans, and those clans constantly have wars. Xanthius's clan has a strict code. "Never surrender, Never retreat. Live free, or die fighting for it. Show the enemy no mercy." This code is very honored, and those who do not follow it are sentenced to execution in most clans.

Class: Spearman

Backstory: Born and raised a warrior, like many other Steurmen. It was decided that Xanthius would be trained to fight as soon as he was able to walk. Xanthius excelled at many things a warrior would need, however he was looked down upon by others, because of his father. His father was a warrior, who had a streak for false surrenders. Even though his father didn't really surrender, it was still an act of cowardice and was frowned upon by the clan leaders. With all his teachers and peers against him, Xanthius's training was exceedingly more difficult and more painful than the others. Xanthius knew, which made him dislike his father, but he did not care. He would bring honor to his family, even if it meant killing the one who threw it away.

Being older, Xanthius trained with several weapons, to decide which role he would play in combat. He was good with all the weapons, but the one he excelled at was the spear. So, due to his father, he was given an old, nearly broken spear. Seeing the spear, his hatred for his father grew. Training with his fellow spearmen was a pain. He could throw farther, he was more accurate, and his throws packed more of a punch, but this was not acknowledged by the teachers, they ignored him, pretended he wasn't there, even though he knew they were impressed, they focused on the others, trying so hard not to look at him. Many days later, after he threw the spear incredibly far, he was approached by another student, Kakovi, who had bullied others before. "You think you're so special don't you? Throwing the spear farther than us? More accurate? Well, you're not! You're cheating, that spear is lighter than ours! You wouldn't even be able to throw a normal spear!" Xanthius stared at Kakovi. Then he yanked the spear out of Kakovi's hand. "Come on, let's watch the nobody's pathetic throw!" Xanthius threw the spear, it sailed through the air, hitting the farthest target right on the Bull's Eye. The others were shocked, except for Kakovi, who was mad. He threw a punch at Xanthius, who dodged, and punched Kakovi in the stomach, followed by an uppercut, then an elbow to the back. Kakovi, fell to the ground, out of breath. Xanthius looked to his teacher, who nodded, giving Xanthius the OK. Xanthius took the broken spear, spit on Kakovi, then drove it through his chest. The others ran away, in fear.

Many years later...

Xanthius walked forward, spear in hand. He was called by the leader of the clan to perform the Ritual of Cleansing. "Sit, young warrior." The leader commanded. Xanthius did as he was told. "There is a man, your father, who brings dishonor to your entire family and generations to come. Today, your family will be cleansed of that dishonor." Xanthius sat still, waiting for him to continue. "However, to remove the dishonor, requires you to remove the one who brings the dishonor." Xanthius thought for a moment, then spoke. "My father. You want me to kill him." The leader nodded. "Your father is waiting." He said, opening a door. Xanthius went through the door, to find himself face to face with his father, who was tied to a pole. He heard cheering, and looked to his right, to see the entire village watching him and his father. The clan leader spoke, silencing the roaring of the crowd. "Here we are today, to observe a great spearman, Xanthius perform the Ritual of Cleansing. When you wish to, drive your spear into his heart." Xanthius stared at his father, who hung his head down. Xanthius looked to the clan leader. "No." He said. The crowd went quiet. "Killing a chained man is the way of a coward. Release him, and we shall fight to the death." The clan leader grinned. "A true warrior." He looked to a guard. "Release the dishonored one! A guard called Xanthius, and tossed him a proper spear. His father got up, holding a sword. His father swung, and Xanthius dodged, and drove a spear through his chest, killing him. The crowd roared, and Xanthius was cleansed of the dishonor.

Many years later...

Xanthius held his spear in hand, leading his army. He had accomplished many great feats in battle after his cleansing, which earned him the honor of being a general. "Charge!" He shouted. He ran forward, running his spear through all that stood in his way. The battle would be won in minutes, when he heard a shout. One of his soldiers. Not pain, fear. He turned around, to see a large group of what looked like animated shadows. They attacked everything they saw move, except for each other. The warriors swung and stabbed, slicing the heads of the beasts, but they just molded back together like nothing happened. He felt a strong wind, and ducked, nearly getting his head chopped off by a sword. He fought the swordsman, but he was good, blocking and dodging his jabs, pushing Xanthius back, when finally, he slipped, letting Xanthius kill him, Xanthius took a step back, expecting to find ground, when he found himself falling, he looked down, and saw a large ditch. He fell, and hit his head, hard, which knocked him out. He awoke, and it was night, he climbed out of the ditch, picking up his spear, when he saw it, the corpses of his own and the enemy. The shadow demons killed them. Xanthius was shocked. He started to make his way back to the village, when he realized, if he was the only one that returned, he would bring even greater dishonor to his family. It would be better if they thought he was dead, so he turned around, heading in the opposite direction, hoping to find someway return to his home without bringing dishonor.

Anything else: 'Murius

Are you willing to be active and roleplay to your best: yessirrie
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome