Recruiting! Admin manager need for a 250+ staff network.

Kadanz's Avatar Kadanz4/15/14 4:39 pm
7/15/2014 3:22 pm
KirkedUpGames's Avatar KirkedUpGames
Hello everyone!

We are a big minecraft network of 12+ servers. With our public beta launch around the corner, but we still have leadership positions to filled. We already own a recruitment topic here on the minecraft forums so I cannot put any links to our website or mention the network's name.

That being said..
We are in need of managers to further strengthen our leadership staff. We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, and above else, is able to work organized and efficient. We need someone who is willing to do hard work, because this position will give you great responsibility. You'll be put in charge of a certain department within our network, with a lot of people working under you. Your job is to guide them, and assign them work. Administration is also a big part of your job, and keeping it up to date even more so.

Being a leader is one thing, being a great leader is something else.

This is not something to be considered lightly when you're thinking about applying. You'll be going through a full interview with different people. You'll be asked a lot of questions until we are sure we've found the right man or women for the job.

Still reading? Great! if you feel you got what it takes..fill in this application.

Make sure you write a complete and detailed application. Make it look pretty and fun to read.

*This is not a template. Mind you! These are still things which are needed to be included into your application. And you're encouraged to add things of your own if you feel we should know about it. Details of the server and links to the website will be given in skype.

IGN:
  • Why should we pick you? Describe yourself. What kind of person are you? What are your strongest points?
  • What can you bring to the team?
  • Can you give us proof of your experience? Doesn't have to be minecraft related. You can also have acquired experience somewhere else. But the experience has to be related to the position we are recruiting you for.
  • Maturity. How important is this for you? On a scale from 1 to 10, where do you think you stand?
  • Leadership. When you hear this word. What does it mean to you? What should a leader be able to do?
  • Technical skillset. Everything related to coding, gfx, etc. (Being good with people is not a technical skillset)
  • Dedication and loyalty. As you are aware, we are looking for dedicated and loyal people who are willing to stay long term. How much time are you willing to spend on the network/servers? Yes we are also aware you have lives outside the network, and you'll have full understanding when you have other duties as well. But by applying to this network, we are assuming you have the extra time to spend on your work for this server.
  • Teamwork. How important is teamwork for you? Do you consider yourself a real team player? You'll be working with other managers from different departments. you'll be in constant communication with each and every one of them.
Kadanz
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/15/2014 3:22 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
KirkedUpGames
Kadanz
captkirk18-snip-

Hello and thank you for writing this application. Would you be willling to make a skype account? As this is necessary, since communication goes through skype. We don't do video calls, so you don't need a microphone.

I have created a skype account named doogie kirk please contact me there!
05/01/2014 4:10 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
stormdancer4461
IGN: Stormdancer4461
Why should we pick you? Describe yourself. What kind of person are you? What are your strongest points?
To be honest I can't tell you why you should pick me, what I can tell you is that I am a dedicated individual, with a strong sense for organization, a love of minecraft, and I find great enjoyment in working with other to create an environment for others to enjoy. I'm easy to get a long with, but when work needs to be done I have been known to be a taskmaster. That being said it doesn't mean that I won't be right there with my staff working with them and just as hard because I will be. I would never ask someone to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

What can you bring to the team?
What I can bring to the team is my willingness to get things done, a strong but fair leader who is willing to help out where it's needed and guide the staff to be even better than they were before.

Can you give us proof of your experience? Doesn't have to be minecraft related. You can also have acquired experience somewhere else. But the experience has to be related to the position we are recruiting you for.
For over a year I worked with Icefuse Networks, I started out as an Admin and worked my way up to CO-Owner and Build project Manager, before we closed we were running 5 servers all with different needs and demands. Before that I worked as an admin and Owner on a couple of small servers. I also am in the last leg of getting my degree in Business Administration and Management. Everything I have learned through minecraft and running servers has been enhanced by my educational goals.

Maturity. How important is this for you? On a scale from 1 to 10, where do you think you stand?
I believe maturity if very important in any staff position, you wouldn't want a person who can't handle conflict or act irrationally to be in charge of players. I have learned that you have to take things in stride and as long as I handle things in a calm manner I can achieve what ever I set out to do. On a scale from 1- 10 I would say I'm and 8-9, I would like to say I'm a 10 but no one is perfect and we all have moments where even the small things get to us. The difference is that I can recognize when I am loosing my calm and I will take myself out of the situation until I know I can handle things like they should be.

Leadership. When you hear this word. What does it mean to you? What should a leader be able to do?
When I think of leadership I think about responsibility, honesty, and dependability. A good leader should be someone who leads by example. They need to have a willingness to delegate when needed but also do the work that they ask of their staff. A leader should be approachable and easy to talk to but have the authority and respect of the staff when the leader says get something done it's taken seriously.

Technical skill set. Everything related to coding, gfx, etc. (Being good with people is not a technical skill set)
When it comes to a technical skill set I'm limited to plugin configs, basic server side maintenance, and I am very familiar with Enjin website setup. I am also knowledgeable about many plugins and how to operate them on a server.

Dedication and loyalty. As you are aware, we are looking for dedicated and loyal people who are willing to stay long term. How much time are you willing to spend on the network/servers? Yes we are also aware you have lives outside the network, and you'll have full understanding when you have other duties as well. But by applying to this network, we are assuming you have the extra time to spend on your work for this server.
I am a very dedicated and loyal individual, if I were to work for this network I can honestly say that I would be on daily for a minimum of 4-6 hours more than likely it would be more. I do online classes which means I spend a great deal of time on the computer. I really have open availability to be on when ever I am needed.

Teamwork. How important is teamwork for you? Do you consider yourself a real team player? You'll be working with other managers from different departments. you'll be in constant communication with each and every one of them.
I think Teamwork is essential to any work environment. If you don't have a functional team then nothing gets done like it needs to. I do believe that I am a team player, there have been many times in my life where teamwork has been an essential part of my work environment and I have seen how one person can mess things up. This is why I believe it's important that you have people on your team that you can get a long with and work well with.

Thank you for you time!
Storm
05/01/2014 1:39 am
Level 49 : Master Necromancer
JasonBlitz
I pm the application to you! Have a great day!
05/01/2014 12:09 am
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
Ruvel
@Kadanz, I have sent an application over PM.
04/30/2014 3:45 pm
SeniorGamer
I was wondering if i could add my drug server to the network.
04/30/2014 1:51 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Rileys
Kadanz Could i send you my application over skype?

Thanks
-Riley

04/30/2014 11:03 am
Kadanz
04/30/2014 1:37 am
KirkedUpGames
I will have made a Skype user the name is doogie kirk
04/16/2014 1:14 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
pyrocrisis
IGN: pyrocrisis
You should pick me above the other applicants as I am a calm and welcoming person, I am very organized and never like to get angry at people if do something wrong. I'll say yeh that's fine we all make mistakes and life goes on, I won't sit their shouting at them cos they made a mistake.

I can bring two years of running/helping out minecraft servers, from keeping things calm in chat to installing plugins and doing perms. I know what brings players to the server cos my milkshakes better than yooos.

It's kinda hard to give proof of management isn't it? But anyway I've worked on a couple sites before:
http://shadowrealms-mcserver.enjin.com
http://shadowdimensionspvp.enjin.com
I would be able to send you the IP to a server I setup (including: installing plugins, configs, permissions, etc) if only it hadn't shut down.

It's hard to judge myself on how mature I am, I don't listen to myself, theres no need but i'm gonna say 8 out of 10 as I can be relaxed and mess around a bit (still be organised and do my job) but I can also be serious and sometimes a little impatient but i'm usually good with waiting for stuff to do with servers.

When I hear leader it means the person is a calm and caring person who makes sure everyone in their "group" is safe and knows what to do/how to do it. It also means they keep everyone happy and out of dispute whilst being a little silly they get stuff done to best they can.

Technical skillset. Well I'm good with setting things up like plugins, permissions and configs, things like that so I do all the backend server stuff in the files.

I am a very dedicated person, whether it is from helping loads or staying up even when I have school in the morning till the job gets done, I am one of the most dedicated people you will find. Loyalty is key too, I would never dare to make something go wrong as I know how bad it makes you feel when you have trusted someone and they just go and mess it up! You'll never need to worry when you have me as manager!

Teamwork is key to success, I help everyone as much as possible, to the best of my abilities no matter who they are or what it has to do with, Without teamwork then many things wouldn't work, go well or be successful. Therefore I make sure everyone has something to do and if they need help, then I will help myself or get someone who can help them to help them so this way people will get to know each other and they will work better together. I contribute as much as possible to my team to get things done and be the best of the best!

Thanks so much for reading!

-pyro
04/16/2014 1:08 pm
Kadanz
Applications still open.
04/16/2014 9:40 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Captn Crafty
Could I PM you my application?
04/16/2014 9:46 am
Kadanz
Yes you can.
04/16/2014 9:11 am
Kadanz
captkirk18-snip-

Hello and thank you for writing this application. Would you be willling to make a skype account? As this is necessary, since communication goes through skype. We don't do video calls, so you don't need a microphone.
04/16/2014 12:26 am
KirkedUpGames
IGN:Doogie2000
You should pick me above other people because I have experience as a leader even though I am 14 I go to a military academy so I know what it takes to be a leader

as a personal Skill I am good at making movies and presentations and I can use multiple website editors such as six or engin

I can be an easy-going person but when the fire needs tending I turn all business. I am also a nice person that is able to respect people easily but only if they deserve respect. And I'm also quite smart and a natural leader.

I could bring a atmosphere that makes people want to work but not be abusive. I might be a little relaxed but I can always get the job done.

At my school, which is run by rank and positions I have been highly considered by my superiors for a position and am as far in rank as I can go for the year. As for the positions, I was only turned down because I did not board, or stay, at the school.

For me maturity is a huge part of what I am and what I represent. I have been told by teachers, peers and even the commandant of the school, that I am mature for my age. I believe that I am a 8-9 most of the time but sometimes I let go and can be about a 6

I believe that a leader must energize his underlings to do whatever they need to do. They need to be a strong example and at times be able to reprimand for mistakes made. A leader needs to be able to lead from the front as well as from the rear. I think a leader needs to be very responsible.

I have a little experience with html and I am pretty good with figuring out programs. for example I can do things on powerpoint that No one in my class can do.

I almost never quit the things I start, so I will be very dedicated to the server. and I am also extremely loyal. I can't stand unloyal people, but as a student sometimes I will have homework that will take priority. Sorry but I can't be a fighter pilot in the Marines if I can't do math.

Teamwork is also something that I have and will use again and again. Teamwork is almost as important as good leadership and without team work the world would be gone by now. I would consider myself a constant team player. I play hockey so I have to be able to use teamwork a lot. But I also know when to be a little selfish for the betterment of the team.

Thank you if you read this. I hope you consider me a worthy candidate. I am able to get my email anytime so if you have a question or concern please feel free to shoot me a quick note and I will reply ASAP. Thank you again and good luck finding the right person even if it isn't me.
04/15/2014 6:52 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
garrettflame
Could you add me on skype and talk there? Skype: HeadcrabNeedsHug
04/15/2014 6:49 pm
Kadanz
Tommyjojo-snip-

I added you to skype. We'll have a conversation there.
04/15/2014 5:47 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Tommyjojo
My Minecraft Profile
Name: Tom
Plugin skills : 9
Permissions skills: 7
Redstone skills: 6
Building skills: 8

I would like to consider myself a nice person, it makes the server a good and friendly environment, but I have to change my manner at times when players and other staff use the friendly atmosphere to "slack off" , so I know when at times to change between good cop and bad cop when things have to be done. One of my strongest points are leadership. I feel really comfortable setting goals for a team and creating tasks and general moderation of staff teams.

What can I bring to the team? We'll I guess everyone is unique in some good or weird way, I guess I could bring my leadership skills and acquired skills.

Proof of experience. I've had positions on a few servers before, but I am currently a Moderator on Starmine. We average abut 60+ players and the staff team members encourage each other to keep working and reach the deadlines we have set.

Maturity wise, I'm about a 9 because there is times I like to joke around, but then there is work to be done. The problem with people with low maturity is that although hey are great to have around and mess with, hey have trouble coming out of it and realising hey have a job to do.

When I hear the word leadership I guess the natural definition is "Organising and setting tasks for a group of force" but I guess it's more than that. You have to motivate the people and make them feel an actual part of what they are. You have to make them feel good and attracted to what they do so they can achieve their job in the most efficient way possible.

I don't have much technical skill regarding Minecraft itself ( can't code plugins or make Mods), But I have done a bit of app developing and are experienced in CSS and HTML.

If I like somthing and have an important role, I really do spend all my spare time doing it. I like having goals and deadlines set so I can space out my time in achieving it. I do have school and an social life, so you will have to take that into account too.

Teamwork, there's no I in team. It is good at times to have people work individually, as it can make people feel they are valued as an individual, but at other times teamwork is he only way things can be done. If a large tasks needs to be done, then it can be devided between the participants. It is important that everyone is in contact, because some people may stray from he group and may slack in work. Constant communication and friendliness towards each other is he key to success.

Thank's for taking a look at my app, It only took just over 30mins, it was a good way to test out my grammar and essay skills
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome