~l~Resistance was futile~l~[IC/Roleplay thread]

Korigon's Avatar Korigon2/27/13 11:12 am
1 emeralds 4.7k 498
3/9/2013 9:13 am
tmplumber's Avatar tmplumber

The setting is in the not so distant future. Alien invaders, known as the “Overlords” have taken over earth. Only one battle was fought, and earths military forces were nearly completely annihilated. The overlords then proceeded to kill all high up officials who dared to oppose them. With that being done, they seized control of Earth and ruled as malevolent dictatorship. Ten years later after this event, they transported troops of theirs off the planet. Hopes have sprung up in the humans everywhere to try and recapture their beloved Earth. “Like the war of independence, Great Britain VS America, The humans vastly outnumbered the Overlords. In order to neutralize this threat, the Overlords introduced a new type of security. The metrocops. Metrocops are regular humans who volunteered. They had better bunks, better food, and a better social rank. This caused uneasiness in the resistance. They would need the peoples support to defeat the Overlords soldiers and metrocops. Luckily for them, the Overlords decided on something else, on top of the metrocops. They went through houses with daily patrols, and seized everyone who had broken a limb, or damaged something serious. They then proceeded to brainwash them, cut off the damaging part (Sometimes killing the subject) and install them as a new soldier. This cruel, inhuman treatment pushed the humans over the edge. The resistance gave speeches, and the Metrocops were pelted and attacked daily. Eventually the resistance got serious and started eliminating metrocops and seizing their weapons. And finally, the resistance stormed a guarded stronghold filled with weapons, killed the guards, and seized the weapons. This was a terrible blow to the Overlords, because now the resistance could raise actual teams to take down soldier regiments. And that's how this RP starts, with the Resistance fighting the Overlords...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~

If interested in applying

If no one is on, I'll start off!

Please, if your going to speak in OOC, do it with double parentheses. (( LIke this ))
Korigon
Retired Moderator
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

tmplumber
03/09/2013 9:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Geek
Thomson was on the floor rocking himself, he knew what a stupid thing he had done and was sure he would be executed for this...
" Sir its ok!, I didn't even notice it was the leader " said the radio officer in a comforting voice,
" BUT IT WAS THEIR COMMANDER, THEIR LEADER, IT WAS HORDE!! " screamed Thomson....

Meanwhile...

Jo had teleported inside the base; it was under attack,
" oh god I leave this place for a minute and all hell breaks loose " mumbled Jo as he looked at two resistance troops,
" time to test the big guns " chuckled Jo as he walked behind the troops and stunned their hearts.

Meanwhile...

" Sir we can still stop them, I think we are making an attack on their base! " explained the radio officer and he pulled Thomson to his feet and dusted him off,
" You are right, um you never told me your name? " said Thomson,
" its Matt, now come we must kill them " explained the officer as they both ran to the Overlord base.
Deth_Glitch
03/09/2013 8:34 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Damon nearly lost his grip multiple times but he made it to the bottom and, looking up, no one had followed him. "Ok then overlords, you failed again!" He smiled at the sun and headed to a higher point so he could snipe the base and help and resistance soldiers.
tmplumber
03/08/2013 3:27 pm
Jo walked, he could hear something, an alarm when suddenly the two men woke up, Jo stared at the men...
" Goodbye " he said sarcastically and teleported...

Meanwhile

There was an alarm, and Thomson and the radio officer woke up,
" I don't want to wake up, school is boring " Thomson yawned as he stood up, suddenly he saw the man and he realised what a stupid thing he had done,
" Goodbye " said the man, when suddenly there was a flash of white light,
" NO!! " yelled Thomson lunging forwards at the man, but he was too late...
bubbykaz
03/08/2013 3:22 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
All of the sudden the gate opened and resistence forces entered.Aiden followed slowly followed behind one of the soliders and pulled him out of the line quietly and shot him in the head the pistol it seemed silent he hoped it was for them and he quickly used his phantom to sound the alarm all around the base.
tmplumber
03/08/2013 3:08 pm
Thomson walked over to his radio officer,
" How many of you are left? " he asked,
" um, I am the only one I know of left " replied the radio officer...
Suddenly there was a bright light and an explosion Thomson and the radio officer were left unconscious...

Meanwhile...

Jo's armour shielded him from the impact but all he could see was a bright light,
was he dead?, did they realise who he was?, Jo did not know,
" ugh my head... where am I " grunted Jo as he stood up,
he was greeted by the sight of flames and wreckage, not knowing what to do he drudged along to find help...
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 3:03 pm
Damon fired another shot and threw the smoke grenade. Immediately he jumped over the edge and grabbed a hand hold with both hands, he scrabbled his legs up the rock till they had somewhere to rest too. Then he began his long decent, 160 feet down (50m, I use m but my char is american) to where the crater was flat enough to stand. He thought he saw a small group emerge from the trees to the south and hoped they were the resistance that scouts were looking for, because he could help them once he was down and they could get him outta here afterwards.
tmplumber
03/08/2013 2:58 pm
Thomson picked up the unconscious man and ran around when he noticed a soldier with a working apache,
" HEY YOU, WAIT UP!! " he yelled running to the apache and climbing in,
" Sir I thought you were dead!!! " said the pilot, it was his old radio officer,
" anyway where do you wanna go? " he added...
" To the base of the overlords! " said Thomson as he pointed to the east.

Meanwhile...

Jo woke up, not moving he was on a man's soldier, he did not know what was going on,
To the base of the overlords! "
" oh god no, resistance scum " he thought...
Korigon
03/08/2013 2:34 pm
Logan and his team kept going. There it was. "Overlord HQ. Home to the Deathwatch and a few elites. We should find our Commandant here." He started walking to one of the gates. "Sir." A soldier beside him whispered "How do we get in without being seen?" "We ask." Logan said mysteriously, and continued. He approached a side gateway and typed a few keys in. Soon enough, the gate opened. The soldiers shoot bewildered looks at each other. "Black magic." Muttered one. Logan turned back to the group. "Stay quiet and follow my lead. Ever heard a mole?" The soldiers looked at each other, and almost laughed about how they didn't think of a spy in the base. Suddenly, a patrol sent them into action. "Over here!" Logan said, and gestured to a room....
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 1:24 pm
((tmp, you make it harder and harder to RP with... why would the resistance leave a sign saying that? Also dont say the overlords assume everything, say Thomson. YOU DID NOT INVENT THE OVERLORDS!))
Damon was pinned down, they had already called re-enforcement and he was stranded since they were coming from the flatter side, he was stuck between them and a cliff. A sniper-rifle from beyond the pre-war days was not going to help him in this situation. He was going to be trapped, he had two grenades. Well he should have had two but the only one he took was a smoke 'nade and even was back at the outpost. An Idea formed! If I can throw a smoke, then hide over the edge of the cliff they should think I had snuck past them! he smiled and fired another 'warning' shot to make them feel pinned down, he missed but he was sure it would keep them behind cover long enough for him carry out his plan.
tmplumber
03/08/2013 12:16 pm
(( the overlords seem to assume everything, out of context, basically the metrocops found it ))

Thomson looked at the remains of the notice board...
it read, Base Abandoned, we live in squads,
" CRAP!! " he yelled when suddenly a group of metrocops were surrounding him...
" oh dear... RUN!!! " he exclaimed running outside, there were search parties far and wide...

Meanwhile...

Jo Horde kept looking at his monitor and suddenly thought,
" I shouldn't be doing desk work, XAVIAR TELL THE LEADER IM GOING ONTO THE FIELD!! " he yelled, teleporting to the abandoned base, when suddenly the teleportation failed, and he passed out...

Meanwhile... again...

Thomson was running when suddenly there was a bright flash,
" huh? " said Thomson as he ran over where he noticed someone... someone who looked very familiar...
Korigon
03/08/2013 12:01 pm
(( ...Plumber...Everyone left. Seriously, the Resistance had already split into groups. So they wouldn't be dead or anything-Maybe a full stragglers who didn't like the idea of squads, but all of the squads had abandoned the base. ))
tmplumber
03/08/2013 11:49 am
Thomson Lee Jean walked out of his barracks, for the first time in days and could not believe his sight...
" What happened!! " he gasped, when suddenly he noticed something...

Meanwhile...

Jo Horde had been working when news reached his ears,
the metrocops had discovered the location of a resistance base and it had been destroyed, no life forms were left...
" Resistance scum!! " he chuckled
Korigon
03/08/2013 10:19 am
Logan and his men were out of the swamp area, but were still being searched by the scouts. "If things always remain this hot, its gonna be hard to do any damage." A soldier muttered, while a searchship slowly went through with its lights. "When do we get all this pressure of us, Sir?" Another asked Logan. Logan remained silent, but he knew where he was going and what the answer was. If he could kill the Commandant, it would be a win for the resistance, and also no one would send out massive manhunts for him. The Overlords wouldn't worry about one squad, he hoped. Then he began to think...What would life be like when the war was over? What would he do? Since he was Third-In-Command, he would probably get some lousy political job...
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 9:31 am
((An advanced alien race that has taken conscription it the next level... Cannot afford one small, minor loss? So... The resistance wins!!!! Lol jks))
Damon heard the noise getting closer and louder. He picked up his rifle and moved closer to where it was coming from, eventually he heard quiet mutterings. A group of soldiers talking about taking out a ranger in the area. so they are after me he thought and let out a silent chuckle. He took aim and fired at one of them, they immediately ran for cover and the unspoken rule of silence was broken. He hid before they saw him but he won't be able to get another shot without being seen.
bubbykaz
03/08/2013 8:48 am
Aiden ran out of the base responding to the alarm he pulled out his phantom device and started to scan for any electronics and pulled out his pistol."When did they start to do this?!"Aiden muttered to himself .
tmplumber
03/08/2013 8:31 am
(( im going to switch between characters in order to get more lines down ))

Thomson Lee Jean had been asleep for hours,
he had been awake last night for hours checking CCTV for some sign of overlord activity while Commander Logan Fox was on a mission...

Meanwhile....

Jo Horde was in the chemistry labs where he was told that one of the metrocops had escaped and turned to the resistance long ago...
they had infiltrated the base and poisoned some other metrocops,
" GAH WE CANNOT AFFORD THIS LOSS!!! " yelled Jo...
anonpmc195880
03/08/2013 7:53 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 7:40 am
Damon was watching the scout ships flying all over, looks like they haven't found anything yet. he thought as he put his binoculars down and patiently waited for any signal, even though one was unlikely to come as it might give away their position to the overlord force. He saw transport ships slowly transporting more and more troops to the base. The overlord force positioned there was still small enough to take but he did not know how long it would stay like that, he also knew that it could only be taken if they tactically retreat which would mean they would soon return to take it back. Then he heard a noise, it was small but as he listened, he heard more!
anonpmc195880
03/08/2013 7:19 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
tmplumber
03/08/2013 7:08 am
(( he saw heat, but he only sent out a weak squad, kill them if you want ))

Jo scowled, he had wondered how this poison had got here...
" wait... maybe we have an intruder!! " he thought...
he walked out of the door and walked to the chemistry labs
Korigon
03/08/2013 7:03 am
(( Plumber, you might have been able to see me when we were at the cave, but I've moved. :U ))

Logan and his squad advanced through the forest. Only one was down, and they were smack dab in the midst of a big, foggy, swamp. "Well the overlords won't be able to find us in here." One of the soldiers said quietly. "That's the problem." Logan began. "If they find out were here, they could surround this place and we wouldn't even notice it from the fog. You guess what happens next. Aaand here we are." He finished, and continued walking silently. The fog was slowly lifting, revealing mountains up ahead. "Those will be fun to climb, eh?" Logan spoke up again, feeling excited. No reply. "Oh come, don't tell me you veteran soldiers never climbed a mountain?" Still no reply. "Fine. Have it your way, we'll take the ground.."
tmplumber
03/08/2013 5:41 am
(( k srry ))

Jo was walking around the base when he noticed some dead bodies....
" Sigh, not again " he mumbled kneeling down to check the wounds,
there was a green liquid on the floor that smelled of cinnamon...
" bah, the poison of a lac ti'n leaf " he added as he stood up again
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 5:32 am
((only cause you got bored with being on the "losing" side... You fail to notice so much... and how well they are REALLY doing, also in-future dont post OOC without some IC I am doing because I am the last poster))
tmplumber
03/08/2013 5:29 am
(( I like how the resistance is slowly getting torn apart ))
Deth_Glitch
03/08/2013 5:08 am
(( I will assume they are near the base/training ground Damon is scouting out as the Gunships left from there... Also you cant just know where people are all the time... You should look at their RP style and see if they want to be found, I think its ok in this situation, just be aware and dont have a massive army to greet them, try to match the rule of propotional force))
Damon was waiting for something to happen, he had switched off and was staring at the base waiting for anything. Then he noticed large numbers of scout-ships in the area They are looking for something he mused, he would always state the obvious to himself. Less well trained soldiers would think it stupid, but if you forget to pay attention to the obvious the bigger picture my never make sense. He picked up his binoculars and took off his Audiovators. He began to scan the area for resistance. "Come one!" he muttered "give me a sign!"
tmplumber
03/08/2013 3:44 am
Jo was in his office, he had been tracking the location of an incoming resistance squadron,
" What is the point of them trying.... " he chuckled when he noticed something in the corner, it was a cave and there was fire coming out of it....
" Resistance spotted!!!! Resistance spotted!!! " went the alarm...
Jo walked out of the room and ordered a group of soldiers to scout the area...
jackattack4000
03/07/2013 10:24 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
((Wow, I missed a lot, guess I just ignored this thread for a while. On accident. Oops.))
iHazRabiez
03/07/2013 10:19 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
((Just got back from the Citadel. This whole harvest thing is pretty intense right now, don't know if I'll be able to RP as much. Harvest business is hard, but pays well. And I just read the teleportation bit. Teleportation = OP most of the time. Even if limited. And with plumber... Oh Lawdy. Oh lawdy. You accepted bubbykaz... oh lawdy... First the organics manage to blow up another Reaper, now this...))
Korigon
03/07/2013 7:03 pm
Logan and his men headed North, watching their way carefully. There! Logan gestured to a light coming near them, and the men dove for cover as a scout flew above them. "Think he noticed us?" A soldier whispered. "Meybe." Logan said quietly. "Meybe not. We better get out of this area quickly though." They stood up again and continued their way. Suddenly machinegun fire ripped through the silence. But it wasn't at them. "What was that, Sir?" A soldier asked. "Machinegun fire. Training ground near here. Lets go."
NorthernGamR
03/07/2013 6:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
(( Dang bubby you have improved. Still got a bit to go but I can tell you are getting better! ))
SilverDawn
03/07/2013 6:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
((There is an option to make it so you appear offline 24/7.))
bubbykaz
03/07/2013 5:54 pm
"This is not what i was looking for."Muttered Aiden he walked into the armory to see that five guards lying on the floor.The floor was bloody and the soldiers didn't have their dog tags hr walked in grabbed a collapsible metal stick to knock out others and a prototype pistol witch was because it was being made to have no muzzle flash and emits barely any sound whether the features worked he didn't know after getting his weapons he walked out and ran to Joe."5 solders no dog tags dead in the armory unknown cause of death tons of blood."he said briefly before walking to his room.

((Ya))
tmplumber
03/07/2013 5:44 pm
(( is it a glitch that you are always viewed offline? ))
tmplumber
03/07/2013 5:43 pm
" sigh, just take this soldier " sighed Jo...
He then proceeded to give Aiden a prototype stun gun and walked off
bubbykaz
03/07/2013 5:38 pm
Aiden took out his Phantom device he started playing the song 'Still Alive' has he waited for his pistol.He saw Jo exit the labs "Hey,Jo can you go into the armory and see what the fu*k they are doing in there?I'm still waiting for my pistol."He said trying to be calm.
tmplumber
03/07/2013 5:30 pm
Jo walked to the labs, it was dark when suddenly he saw the doctor...
" Oh hello there sir, do you need assist... " Dr Xaviar greeted before he was stopped by Jo...
" MY TELEPORTATION IS BROKEN!!! " Jo yelled...
" Sir, its out of battery, you must have teleported before it was fully charged " he explained as he saw Jo leave the room...
bubbykaz
03/07/2013 5:23 pm
"Fuc*ing he**"Aiden said to himself."Im just waiting for me to get my pistol i'm trying to go spy!"He said back.
tmplumber
03/07/2013 5:17 pm
["Don't call me 'Hacker' my name is Aiden or 'Phantom' so call me by it."
Jo turned around and walked back...
" I AM YOUR LEADER, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT... HACKER!!! " yelled Jo as he walked away towards the chemistry labs

(( I forgot to mention, he has a short temper ))
bubbykaz
03/07/2013 5:15 pm
"Don't call me 'Hacker' my name is Aiden or 'Phantom' so call me by it."said looking at Jo who was walking away. Aiden sighed he was wondering when he whould get his weapon
Korigon
03/07/2013 5:05 pm
Logan slowly stood up. His eye was hurting like hell, but other than that, his squad was ready. "Lets go." He said quietly, and they filed out of the cave. "What happened while I was asleep?" he asked the second in command. "Explosions sir. And scouts were everywhere." Logan shook his head. "It doesn't sound right, them not finding us. I mean, we weren't very well hidden. Doesn't seem right." Oh come on Fox, Getting Paranoid? Toughen up. He looked around. "We'll head North. I've heard theres another base down here..."
tmplumber
03/07/2013 4:29 pm
Jo walked around as he patted himself down...
" Dr Xavier!!!! " yelled Jo as he walked to the chemical labs,
when all of a sudden he bumped into Aiden...
" Hello Hacker!! " he greeted as he continued onwards
bubbykaz
03/07/2013 4:25 pm
Aiden,ready to start moving,quickly went up to the armory "I need a pistol ASAP im going on a mission."Said Aiden to one of the officers at the armoury.
tmplumber
03/07/2013 3:00 pm
Jo looked at his battery life, it was time to get back to the base...
" I need to get to the commander, the resistance are in this area " he thought as he used the teleporter, when something else went wrong,
he had just teleported in when suddenly there was an explosion!!
Jo was met with a cloud of dust and a little bit of fire...
" Xavier!!!! " he yelled...

(( his teleporter is broken ))
Korigon
03/07/2013 2:55 pm
Logan kept running. Everything was going blank...He ran still...Then collapsed.

He woke up in a cave. "Casualties?" he asked, hoping for the best. "Seven injured, five dead." Loan grimaced when he heard this. His vision seemed a bit defected, and he had an extreme throbbing pain in his eye. Gingerly touching it, Logan felt an empty socket and extreme pain. "What the hell happened to my eye!" He exclaimed in anger, and starting to take out a patch. "I mean, I always thought it would be cool to wear a patch but this hurts." The soldier nearest to him smiled a bit. "Missile shrapnel knocked it out." Logan cursed under his breath. "When will the other soldiers be ready?" "Soon enough, Sir. No broken bones or anything, just some bruises and bumps. Were tough to kill that's for sure..."
tmplumber
03/07/2013 2:34 pm
(( you there kori? ))
tmplumber
03/07/2013 2:12 pm
Jo was running, he had one minute till his next teleport but who knows where this would take him...
" I hate them, I wanted it working!! " yelled Jo in frustration
He continued walking when he noticed a battle going on overhead,
" haha, kill them boys " he added
Korigon
03/07/2013 2:08 pm
The commandant sat in his gunship. "Gunner, fire missiles at the gunship. And tell the soldiers to take caut"-The sentence was cut short as another explosion shook the line of ships. The other edge ships had been finished off. The commandant cursed loudly, then turned to the gunner. "Like I was saying, Tell the soldiers to take caution." The gunner nodded and typed on the computer briefly...

Logan viewed the battle from the cockpit. There were only five more to go. Then he noticed something. Gunship A was going down. "Gunship A, what is your report!?" He barked into the walkie-talkie. "Took a missile to the wing, Sir. We have time to land and get out." Logan nodded to himself. "We'll land also and make em use the scouts." He gestured to the pilot. "Take us down." the pilot nodded and started the descent.

The commandant couldn't believe it. They were landing. "Hold fire. Wait till they get out of the ships and then pick them off." He said into the intercom. "And call the scouts."

Logan's men got out and started to run. Closing in on the forest, they heard the gunships swooping down for a run. Logan turned around and shot at the cockpit window with his five-seven. Then he cursed. Bulletproof. Suddenly, the sound of plasma fire was upon him. He saw one of them men fall but they kept running...

The commandant paused. Only one man was killed. How disgusting. His gunners were such poor shots. "Fire a missile at them." the gunner smiled and pushed a button...

Logan and his men were almost there, but a blinding explosion knocked him unconscious.....
Deth_Glitch
03/06/2013 7:09 pm
((IDK what I can add to this... :/))
Korigon
03/06/2013 6:33 pm
Logan saw the gunships up ahead. They usually carried only a light plasma gun and some rockets, but he knew better. The commandant had survived. He could feel it. "Gunner!" He said, turning to the gunner. "First missile at the lead gunship, then fire as many as you can at the others. I have a feeling this will end with a plasma battle." Logan pulled out his walkie talkie once again. "Gunship A, aim rockets at the two edge fliers. Get em out of formation. Mess them up."

BOOM! A deafening explosion knocked the commandant down. But seconds later he was up. The leading gunship was spiraling downwards quickly, one of the edge gunships was completely gone, minus the shrapnel, and the other edge gunship was flying like a bird with a broken wing. "Gunner." The commandant said slowly. "Aim for the faster one first. The other is not as powerful." A few rockets jetted out of the launchers at the ship, but they were easily avoided. The commandant recognized that technique. "Logan Fox." He said grimly.

Logan stood and barked more orders. "Finish off that broken one, gunner!" The gunner obeyed and started firing at it with the plasma machinegun. Boom, it exploded. Logan smiled briefly, then turned back to the battle. Three down, seven to go. "Reload missiles and aim at the other edge ships..."

(( Long post, eh? ))
Deth_Glitch
03/06/2013 6:23 pm
Damon lean't back and turned his Audiovator's ((aviators with Music.. gave them a name!!!)) on and watched as a large group of gunships flew off into the distance and were soon lost to him as they were hidden by the dawn sun. his gun was resting opposite him and he was waiting as all seemed quiet on the major base below him. He was fully aware that the resistance needed vehicles and weapons so that they could stand a chance against the Overlords in open combat but he also knew they were not in the position to try and get them. He knew that every major assault seemed to be countermanded by even more overlord troops. And so he knew they had to wait.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome