Sanctuary - OOC

Thebubbaman2800's Avatar Thebubbaman28003/22/14 8:21 pm
3/25/2014 9:00 pm
Thebubbaman2800's Avatar Thebubbaman2800
SANCTUARY

Meh. It's my first time GMing. Any positive feedback is welcome. I'll fix things in OOC if necessary.

Backstory: Magic is power and power leads to corruption. That is the tenet that fuels this hatred. A hatred of magic. Decades after the end of The Purification, a mass genocide of all who possess the magical gift, only one place remains to allow magic to flourish. Founded by the very mage that brought about the end of The Purification, a city is established to hold the remaining souls who wish to continue their magical lifestyle. As animosity subsides, this city is opened to the very outsiders it was created to protect them from. But not all is well in this idyllic community... this haven for spellcraft... this sanctuary.

Rules:
Click to reveal
[1] No godmodding!

[2] No story derailing/hijacking

[3] No Mary/Gary Sues!

[4] Keep any Romances PG-13. (I know some people don't like it period, but personally I feel if it is done right it can be good.)

[5] Acceptors ruling is final.

[6] Try not to post one liners in roleplay.

[7] Don't control other peoples characters.

[8] Don't powergame / metagame.

[9] Do your best when it comes to your application.

[10] Mages and Outsiders are distrustful of each other so fights break out, but keep them for RP reasons, not OOC arguments

[11] All the other basic forum rules

Mage or other magic User application:
Click to reveal
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy):
Backstory:
Anything Else:

Non-Magical Resident
Click to reveal
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Anything Else:

Outsider Application:
Click to reveal
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Reason for Entrance to Sanctuary (If not included in backstory):
Backstory:
Anything Else:
Thebubbaman2800
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Thebubbaman2800
03/25/2014 9:00 pm
I am probably going to keep this pretty open with character directions. As long as its nothing city destroying, chars can have personal antagonists as I work on a larger antagonist. I'm thinking of something like a large anti-Sanctuary group against the mages and/or a militant pro-sanctuary mage group against the non-magical users.
NorthernGamR
03/25/2014 8:48 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
Perhaps....

So I know you answered WIF's question of if there going to be an enemy. But I guess I am sorta expanding on that question.

Will there be a main plot?

Is this going to be very open, letting us decide what our adventure shall be? With possibly the danger of these antagonists to use also?

Or will we be given a more restricted goal? A main objective that all of us will work with each-other help or stop from progressing? With the occasional side story to spice the life of the characters up.
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 7:44 pm
Accepted
Bidam1
03/24/2014 7:36 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Name: Gyulia Aros
Race: Human
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Backstory: Gyulia trains hunting hounds; her packs are known for excellence. She has returned to Sanctuary with a fresh pack, having scoured the Eastern regions – the land of her mother’s people - for the very best. Although Gyulia is unable to perform magic, she is able to communicate preternaturally with her hounds. And her dogs possess a keen sense of the good or evil in a person; guiding Gyulia in her relationships, both private and professional. Gyulia was married once to a good man, human, kind and smart and self-possessed. He was killed fighting against the purging of mages. "When it is my time to die, let me do so with nobility and cause," he used to say. The fates granted him his wish. The death was especially cruel; the perpetrators had assumed he possessed magic and they did not want to take any chances. Gyulia's and Mihaly's love was pure and well mated and rare. Living in Sanctuary keeps Mihaly's memory meaningful for Gyulia. It was their pup - their first, their only expansion of family, - that led to Gyulia's hounds for hunting and for detecting the soul of a creature - magic or human. That pup, Bella, the doyenne of all the hounds that would follow.

Anything Else:
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 4:28 pm
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 4:24 pm
Name: Kai Tirith
Race: Elf
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy): Runes and Pyromancy
Backstory: Kai was born into a happy, pure-blooded elven family, who had practiced magic peacefully for centuries. He could not have imagined the bloodshed, the world was about to see. It started with him being separated from his family and moved to a prison specially built for mages. They started killing them a year later. He spent days etching a large rune into the bottom of his cell. He activated the rune and next thing there was a blast and a hole in his cell. He jumped 3 stories into a river and kept swimming till daybreak. He hid for many years, hiding refuges in his home, until word arrived of a safe haven being formed to the west. He packed up his things and journeyed to Sanctuary. The city was in need of a guard and hearing of his exploits, he was places as head of the city guard. He serves earnestly to this day.
Anything Else: Quirky, does what's best for the city
WritingIsFun
03/24/2014 3:05 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Just got home, can't wait ^.^
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 2:02 pm
Sorry. I'm at school. Will post ic and my char soon. Most likely when I get home for me
Dixey Ray
03/24/2014 1:25 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Whens the Ic going up this sounds fun and I was thinking of how mine will start . in her dress shop of corse maybe one of you could walk in .
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 12:52 pm
WIF - As it goes I might institute a single antagonist or dissident group. I'll have to see how the rp goes.

Dixey- Accepted.

Owen - Accepted but one fix. There are no mage colleges outside of sanctuary. If taught outside it would most likely be by parents or in secret.
owenLFC02
03/24/2014 12:54 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
oh right well i could make it like a secret college thats in like a secret under ground passage
owenLFC02
03/24/2014 12:29 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Name: Jackson Stratford
Race: Animagus
Appearance: Human form
Click to reveal

as animagus
Click to reveal

Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy):Ice and Lightning
Backstory: Jackson was born in a large city, where humans think they are supreme. his Farther was an orc and his mother was a human. Taking after his mother he was also born human. he has 2 siblings a half orc older sister and a human younger brother.his birth was foretold, far back a thousands of years ago. as a child he saw the execution of his farther. he ran away from his home with his sister at the age of 15 and every month would return home to visit his family. at the age of 18 he enrolled in a mens only mage college where he practice Ice and Lightning attack spells and learnt how to become an animagus. a year or so later a letter came from home his sister had been shot near the city where his mother had lived. he swore never to return to the city again and ventured to a city where no one would ever find him. This city was... Sanctuary.
Anything Else: he also uses a short sword in battle.
Dixey Ray
03/24/2014 12:03 pm
Name: Janette Marzellla
Race: Fairy in human form
Appearance:
Click to reveal
in one of her dresses.

Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy): Animation
Backstory: " Janette , can you let the dresses go back to their place we have a costumer" Jane heard her mom say from the back. Putting the dresses back on their hooks Jane walks over to the counter greeting the costumer. A large man looking for a suit she could tell the one he was wearing was tattered pulling a out a suit the man smiled as he seemed to have bought something like it before. Grabbing the twenty dollars he gave over the counter she handed the man his suit. Walking out after him she locked the front door heading of to school.
School was never fun for Janette but she made it work. It was always fun to let the book and pen do her work while she drew a new dress she would sow when she got home. " What are you doodling a new dress that you could never sow" " Shut it Ryle not like you could sow to save you life" Jane said not looking up from her work she was adding a bow around the waist.
When she was 12 she moved into the Sanctuary after the Purafication had ended by then she was know for her dresses in the sanctuary and out opening up a shop near the entrance of the town. Life was easy till a group of purification people left after the war tried to jump her shop such fools they where. Trying to jump a Animation three ended up dead the other two ran away. Picking up a sowing needle from the floor she placed it in her pouch, "for needles liked to run away if they could and if you opened the door the books will flap themselves away".
Anything Else: Watch your step you may find a basket rushing past to go to the market. Even if she's not trying to something in her shop may start moving around. Shes very outgoing but can be shy at times.
WritingIsFun
03/24/2014 10:49 am
This sounds fun, is there gonna be an antagonist or is this a passive RP ;3
Thebubbaman2800
03/24/2014 8:20 am
Binkie - Accepted and to resolve 1. The Purification can best be described as masses who believe magic gave too much power rose up and began systematically killing all who possess the gift of magic.

cd_orange - Nicely done. Accepted.
cd_orange
03/24/2014 1:32 am
Level 28 : Expert Skinner
Name: Garran Gaius Crowe "The Traitor"
Appearance: Without Armor
Click to reveal
Click to reveal
(His Armor)

Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy): Protection and Enchantment
Backstory:
Click to reveal
No one truly knows his exact origins. Some theories include from being a dissatisfied mage to an son of a very prominent alchemist. In either case, to all mages he is known as the "Traitor". His infamy was in The Purification, where he sided with the masses who hated magic users. His decision to side with them is still a mystery to this day, even those who he helped cannot understand why he would slay his own kin. To the unfortunate who fell across his path, they were quickly and brutally dispatched. Many knew of his name and often requested his services to eliminate the magic users in the land. All knew him by his armor, his body being hidden entirely in a suit of enchanted iron. His magical abilities are protection and enchantment which were useful in his days as a mage hunter. Protection summons a field around Garran which blocks most magics and all normal attacks, however at the cost of his stamina. Enchantment remains a mystery to most, his armor being able to resist magical damage even when protection is down. It has been rumored that his enchantment of his gear and weapons requires actual mages, who he uses their powers to enchant his armor and weapons at the cost of the very mage's life. As the Purification ended, so did the appearance of the "Armored Mage Killer". Many think of him dead or in exile. But unknown to all, he resides in the Sanctuary for some unknown reason, keeping his true name a secret to avoid attracting attention. His store is full of miscellaneous and strange objects, often to detract attention away from himself.

Anything Else: He would use his middle name since not many know of it.
Thebubbaman2800
03/23/2014 9:40 pm
Accepted. It's late where I'm at so I'll probably get my own app on here tomorrow.
nbtrash
03/23/2014 8:47 pm
Level 25 : Expert Grump
Kk, thanks I guess.
WritingIsFun
03/23/2014 8:47 pm

Name:
M'aiq -no last name-
Race:
Bio-kinetic. -able to change shape, more sophisticated shapeshifter-
None
Magic Specialty:
Bio-kinesis
Backstory:
M'aiq was born and raised in a small town far from Sanctuary, after the purification of course, her mother was a bio-kinetic and her mother before her, going back to the dawn of time. She was a fairly outgoing girl when she was younger, always speaking her mind to the people of her town, and most of them used magic. There was however a camp near-by that opposed people who used magic, they came in and destroyed the town. M'aiq watched as everyone she had known and loved burning in front of her. She ran into the woods, as far as she could, she was only nine at the time and she was traumatized. After living off of berries she found in the woods for over a week, she found a giant city. Her clothes were burnt, dirty, and tattered. The guards eyes were wide when they saw her, and with their kindness let her in. For the next 11 years, she wouldn't be doing much. To douse the pain, she took refuge in her books.
Anything Else:
She doesn't talk much, and she likes to read.
Hangs out at the Library and -if allowed by Binkie- knows Dawn well.
WritingIsFun
03/23/2014 9:17 pm
Done ;3
Thebubbaman2800
03/23/2014 8:37 pm
Binkie14Name:Dawn
Appearance:
Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy): Optical Illusions and Life (Basically plants, I'll change it if you need me to.)
Backstory: I'll eventually get to it.
Anything Else: Nope. Not now.

Looks good. Just post backstory and accepted.
nbtrash
03/23/2014 7:32 pm
Name:Lavender
Appearance:
Magic Specialty (I.E. Pyromancy): Optical Illusions and Life.
Backstory: Lavender never had a last name. She never remember her parents. All she remember is waking up under a tree to be found by a patrol of elves and to be taken home by them. An old elven wizard by the name of Emergalad Vanvir 'adopted' her teaching her the ways of the elves and how to read and write elvish as well as many other languages. When Lavender turned 8, Emer began teaching her magic. She chose the magic of optical illusions, but as Emer was teaching he noticed that she had a special gift with the magic of Life, plants in particular.
One day, Emergalad and Lavender went out into the forest to test Lavender on what she had learned by trying to fool Emergalad with an illusion of something.While Lavender was out in the forest, a group of bandits attacks her and captures her. Lavender went out into the forest and made an illusion of herself coming back to tell Emergalad that she has been captured, and Emergalad follows the illusion back to where the bandits have set up camp and are about to kill Lavender. Emergalad uses various magic spells to destroy the bandits, but in the process he accidentally uses a spell too strong for him to bare and he falls to the ground, unconscious. Lavender brought him back, and he has been in the elven hospital ever since.
Over time she moved on with her life and eventually ended up in the city that held mages and other magic user residents after The Purification.

This was kinda hard to write as 1) I have no idea what The Purification is and 2) She has some lost memories.
Anything Else: Is wise and loves to read and play pranks.Is really good with words. She also loves to help others. She's a "Tree Hugger" and loves adventure.
WritingIsFun
03/23/2014 6:50 pm
ehhh soon.
Dixey Ray
03/23/2014 5:41 pm
Sounds good 2, why does my Rp not get one more person I only need One more person aguh well i may make one soon though im not sure well back to posting in the hb trying to get some attention.
nbtrash
03/23/2014 2:37 am
I'll join. Imma make an application tomorrow though, since it's late for me right now.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome