Server cant keep up

canon1425's Avatar canon142511/25/15 1:46 pm
1 emeralds 130 1
11/25/2015 10:13 pm
Altitude Community's Avatar Altitude Community
[13:25:06 WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2315ms behind, skipping 46 tick(s)
[13:29:19 WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 3103ms behind, skipping 62 tick(s)

so i keep getting that here is my internet speed my download is normally 12 to 14 but when i tested it was alot faster http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4862608472
@echo off
java -Xms3072M -Xmx3072M -jar minecraft_server.1.8.8.jar gui
Pause

that is my start up script i am running on windows 10 its also a hamachi server just for me and 3 other people

http://prntscr.com/96vqy8 and my computer info
canon1425
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2015 10:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
Your CPU is pretty slow and you have no dedicated graphics card. The dedicated graphics card is not necessary for running a server, but it does show that your system is very basic and does not have the hardware, and thus does not have the power, to run a server. To make things worse, you are playing Minecraft on the same system. Minecraft puts a lot of stress on your CPU because it is written in the Java language - put that together with a server running on the same CPU and your computer simply can not process things fast enough, your overloading the CPU.

You will always have those messages as long as you keep running a server on your own system. If you download bukkit or spigot you can turn them off - but i see your running a vanilla server, and you may just want to keep it that way. It keeps things simple.

If your friends arent complaining about lag and the server seems to be running ok while playing I would just ignore them. Otherwise, I highly suggest getting some hosting if you want to provide your friends with the best experience possible. You can get hosting for as little or less than 2.50 a month, and I can help you set it up if youd like.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome