Serverside Resource pack help

Bdogs15's Avatar Bdogs154/26/15 3:53 pm
1 emeralds 490 1
4/28/2015 3:09 pm
Faxwy's Avatar Faxwy
I am trying to get a custom resource pack into my Minecraft server, yet when I open server and press download texturerpack it WILL not show the textures. I go to the server file and I see random / marks when I know I didnt put it in there. I reput in the url for the texture pack and yet it does it again. Please help I cant find any help online
Bdogs15
Level 11 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2015 3:09 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
Faxwy
1. First of all you will need a link to the texture pack you'd like to use (please not (Ad link removed) won't work). To find this link I suggest you check out the thread/ site for the texture pack in search of the link.

MediaFire cannot be used for assigning texture packs to a server as MediaFire's linking system updates per user/ every hour. You would need to request the Author's permission to upload the texture pack to another file hosting service if MediaFire is the only present option.

As MediaFire won't work with Server Textures I shall be uploading the texture pack to Dropbox (with all of the appropriate permissions). Dropbox will allow you copy a public link (direct link) to your clipboard allowing you to continue with the tutorial.

After copying the direct link it should look like the link below or something similar if using another file hosting service.

2. Now we have a direct link to the texture pack we can assign it to the server using the server properties file which you will have to locate now. The server.properties file should be in the main server directory along with the world directories, plugins (if Bukkit) and various other .txt files etc.

3. You will now have to open this server.properties file using a text editor such as Notepad or Wordpad.

4. Almost there, now you will need to find the texture-pack= section and after the = paste the direct link to the texture pack.

5. You will now need to save the server.properties file and restart the server allowing changes to take place. On connection users will have the option to install the texture pack as prompted by the server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome