Sever Idea (Comments Welcome)

danny589's Avatar danny5898/28/16 7:32 pm
1 emeralds 252 8
8/31/2016 11:55 pm
Awesomness3000's Avatar Awesomness3000
Here is a sever idea:

The idea is that we will have several plugins like Towny and Factions.
We will also make sure donors and nondonors are balanced.

Coolio101 is a new and beyond amazing server that is coming soon. This server is currently a work in progress. It has suffered an unreal amount of griefs, which in turn has caused the sever to be rest many times. We are currently working on ways to fix this. The spectacular staff has been able to carry out reasonable bans, mutes and other punishments, none of them to harsh. We are always growing and therefore, we are getting new staff. We, the staff members of Coolio101, plan to help make an users experience on the server very high. Staff on this particular server are usually handpicked from the best people. Of those people which want to relax, this will be one of the best servers on the entire network of Minecraft servers for you to choose from, this server is also good for those who wish to modify the server due to me, the server's owner, always listening to players.
This magnificent server (due to us being on the free plan) is only built with the capability of handling 6 plugins and 10 player slots. This made me have to file an application to this server which looks fabulous from what I could get. The company's name, if you wish to know goes by the name of NodeCraft. They are currently reviewing an application of sponsorship I sent them. If NodeCraft decides to accept the application, we will be able to get much more plugins and be able to hold several more player slots. Also the server will be able to run with 99.99% runtime. This will allow you to come at anytime.
Our current server host you must go to our parent sever to be able to start up the server, as it shuts itself down when nobody is on the server for a while. In the event of the server shutting off go to the server mc.minehut.com and then do /join Coolio101 . The sever will start up and thus send you to play. Also, someone else will usually join.
Also there will be polls!
What do you think about this
Give me your suggestions

WE WILL BE USING A DIFFERENT POLLING SYSTEM HERE ARE THE POLLS FROM POAL.ME
http://poal.me/p71z68
http://poal.me/kcgxmw
http://poal.me/knf7r

EDIT: WE HAVE BEEN DENIED SO WE ARE APPLYING ON 2 DIFFERENT PLACES!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!
danny589
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2016 11:55 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
Awesomness3000
This server project is just plain bad. It will fail. You don't have enough creativity to do something good and original. Sorry to say it in this way, but it is true.

You aren't bringing anything new to the table, therefore you won't have any players interested in this. Having "auctions/towns" or an "unique" plugin won't make a difference.

Jesus, stop re-creating the same servers over and over, isn't it too obvious? You won't get any interested players, at least not the kind you would want to. Same thing with staff, you'll get the worse kind of staff you could get, immature kids with no skills or server management knowledge. In other words your server will be like any other of those servers out there and will probably shut down in a week or won't even see the light.

For these reasons and probably some others you won't be getting a sponsorship from that thing you mentioned, not unless the guy that's sponsoring wants to give free servers just because he/she feels like doing it.
08/31/2016 7:32 pm
Level 42 : Master Engineer
Luxaholic
Ill rebut one last time but after this itll just be a waste of time,
You are going to be leaving and paying for a server or home hosting? if so, great, just be ready to pay out of pocket for a good amount of time if you need to.

Big servers get a general consensus. taking note of every individuals requests is a waste of time because in the end you want to appeal to the majority. People have different tastes and adjusting to accommodate everyone is very difficult especially when it'll only appeal to a select group of people. If most people enjoyed playing no grief survival and 2 people said they love grief-survival, are you gonna add it to accommodate just those people? of course not, because you'll lose everyone else. If you were able to host both game modes, then go ahead but you can only have so many game modes especially if they are being stretched over such a small server.

It really should be common sense knowing how to pick and choose staff based on loyalty to the server and attitude towards players.

you aren't getting much feedback here so this will just act as a bump for you
08/30/2016 10:51 am
Luxaholic
You aren't paying for this server correct? Therefore you are not self sufficient you're on one of those servers within another server things.
Plenty of servers adjust according to players wants or needs how else would they stay relevant. Just because they don't take specific individual requests doesn't mean they don't pay attention to what people might want.
You aren't very good at choosing staff if that's happening
08/30/2016 5:58 pm
danny589
Here we go again (I like to counter-claim)

I. We are going to be leaving a 'one of those sever within sever things.'
II. Exactly, severs don't go through each and every piece of feedback, we will. (Also did you do the polls, this will help form us)
III. Like everything, practice makes perfect. This means that practice on doing applications will make me better, also I might get someone with more experience to do it for me.
IV. Please PM me if you have more arguments. Thanks!
08/29/2016 10:53 pm
Luxaholic
unoriginal, no funding to back it, won't go very far... you need to be self sufficient not reliant on donors, get some money together, enough to last at least 2 years with an actual server host, and get some better ideas for where you wanna go with it then maybe you will have a decent server. also you should have gotten a plugin like core protect to roll back griefs, thats one of the few essential plugins you should have.
08/30/2016 8:33 am
danny589
Actually:

I. Severs usually have donors super op. Not alot of severs won't.
II. We are not reliant, our sever is pretty good with MineHut, and NodeCraft is just raising our slots and plugins.
III. Minehut is an actual sever host, so is NodeCraft.
IV. What sever actually will change depending on what people say? (not staff or donors)
V. We did, it was staff griefing us.
08/29/2016 6:40 pm
Level 25 : Expert Architect
NASH0XX
So what's the idea???? You are just talking about a griefed server with 6 splugins and 10 player slots.
08/29/2016 7:06 pm
danny589
The idea is that we will have several plugins like Towny and Factions.
We will also make sure donors and nondonors are balanced.
I'll be making polls right now! DONE!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome