Shaders Alternative! [MUST READ]

PvParadox's Avatar PvParadox9/2/15 3:15 pm
2 emeralds 7.6k 9
9/3/2015 7:12 am
PvParadox's Avatar PvParadox
Hello fellow Minecrafters! Recently I've been reaching out to you all for help, now I'd love to help all of you out! Do you love the look of shaders, but your Minecraft can't handle it, or shaders simply won't work? I found a great alternative; two resource packs can recreate a shader pack almost perfectly!

Animated Leaves/Grass:

Shaded Textures (Lighting/Shadows):

Loading up Pixel Reality Luminance may not work by default, there's a simple fix for that. Make sure that smooth lighting is at 100% (with optifine) or maximum (in vanilla, I believe), and your brightness is set to moody. Without these two settings, the shading will not work. Make sure that they're both adjusted to this.

Once you have all of that done, you're done! Your "shaders" should be working perfectly. Here are a few screenshots: http://imgur.com/nW6AFd8,vTQX9Wp,W2UlaaN

I do not take credit for making either of these texture packs. I'm just sharing them with you! Enjoy
PvParadox
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/03/2015 7:12 am
PvParadox
bump
09/02/2015 5:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
cschnur
hey man, i just wanted to say, im very grateful for this, i can run shaders mod, but i like to keep my minecraft almost mod free, so i thank you for this little fix, for anyone wondering, these work with any texturepack you have as well, just place them above your pack! thanks again!
09/02/2015 5:54 pm
PvParadox
No problem, glad I could help I know forge and mods can be a pain.
09/02/2015 5:14 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Sailor
tomatotownn
Amazing! This is an incredible idea!
09/02/2015 5:50 pm
PvParadox
Appreciated!
09/02/2015 4:27 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
Reminds me of "I Can't Believe It's not ENB!" a little bit, concept-wise. However, I feel like two things should be pointed out:

1. Moderator standpoint: Don't use link shorteners. I'll try fixing your post so that it'll be the youtube videos you linked with them.

2. Both are really outdated, their latest updates dating back to late 2013.

Given you use the correct outdated versions corresponding to both the resource packs, it looks very nice.
09/02/2015 5:09 pm
PvParadox
Didn't know link shorteners weren't allowed, sorry! And, both work in 1.8.8 like a charm, the versions didn't make much of a difference, at least not for me.
09/02/2015 3:22 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
I like this.
Fortunately I can handle lite shaders at 60 fps so I wouldn't need this.
But nice project anyways.
09/02/2015 4:03 pm
PvParadox
Thanks ^^ I was looking for something like this, but I didn't find anything. So I did a little searching throughout the internet for like 3 hours. I found both of these, pretty much fixed my problem, since I couldn't load any shaders w/ the mod installed :p
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome