Shaders not working with Nvidia GeForce

Jay_Stryer's Avatar Jay_Stryer11/24/15 8:57 am
1 emeralds 4.4k 15
11/25/2015 6:17 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I recently bought an Alienware 17, and I whenever I try to play minecraft with the GLSL Shaders mod, I get a black screen. I tried to playwith different shaderpacks, but I still get that error. I'd appreciate any help, because I really was looking forward to playing minecraft with shaders enabled.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 970M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM
Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
Driver Version: 359.00
Jay_Stryer
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2015 3:12 pm
Jay_Stryer
Err, there is another problem though. My game is stuck at 30 FPS, sometimes at 60, and I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen with this computer. This might end up affecting me more than the shaders bug (Which was at least solved). I allocated 6 gigs of RAM, I have the battery set to high performance, I have Nvidia set to high performance and VSync is off in both Nvidia and Minecraft. What should I do?
11/24/2015 3:17 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Minecraft should hardly ever require more than a gig of RAM, but I give it 4 because amplified worlds don't run well with less.

As for the framerate, make sure the screen's refresh rate is not locked in the Intel HD Graphics control panel.
11/25/2015 12:37 am
Jay_Stryer
It says the refresh rate is 60p Hz.

EDIT: After updating optifine, the problem doesn't occur anymore except in fullscreen. The weird thing is that it doesn't occur when I have a maximized window.
It's mostly fixed for now, so I guess I can live with it for now.
11/25/2015 6:17 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I doubt a GTX 980 would be able to handle shaders at 4K, let alone a 970M.
11/24/2015 1:38 pm
Jay_Stryer
I just changed the RenderResMul option, and it works like a charm now! Thanks!
11/24/2015 2:52 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Glad to help!
11/24/2015 1:27 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Jay_Stryer
CrankerMan
Jay_Stryer

Okay what about forge or opti?

And can you verify that Java is actually using your dedicated GPU and not the one of your CPU?

It is, because when I hit F3 it says Nvidia corporation and the details of the Nvidia in the top right corner. And I'm not using forge or optifine.

Yeah it's definitely your screen resolution. Try playing in 2K as I've explained before, if your computer can handle it.
11/24/2015 1:23 pm
Jay_Stryer
CrankerMan
Jay_Stryer

And can you verify that Java is actually using your dedicated GPU and not the one of your CPU?

It is, because when I hit F3 it says Nvidia corporation and the details of the Nvidia in the top right corner. And I'm not using forge or optifine.
11/24/2015 12:51 pm
Level 45 : Master Architect
CrankerMan
Jay_Stryer

11/24/2015 11:14 am
Level 45 : Master Architect
CrankerMan
Which Java version, MC version, shadersmod version and shaderpack are you using?
Also if you're using Forge and OptiFine which versions of these?
11/24/2015 12:26 pm
Jay_Stryer
Java Version: JRE 1.8.0 Update 66
MC Version: 1.8
GLSL Version: 2.4.12
Shaderpack: This is a problem with shaders in general, I think, because I tried this with about 10 different shaderpacks, and it's the same problem with them all, but here are a few that I used: Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, Airlooke and Sildurs.
11/24/2015 9:59 am
Jay_Stryer
I've already installed NVidia GeForce Experience, and yes, my driver is updated to the most recent version.

It says both "Shaders Initialized and "Error in program". I'm not sure how, but it did.

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/6xsb7zH1
11/24/2015 9:37 am
Sergeant Sarcasm
1: Do you have the video drivers fully updated? Check this in device manager, or by installing nVidia GeForce Experience, it's a pretty useful program that will notify you when updates to your driver are available.
2: Does the chat say "[Shaders Initialized]" or does it say "Error in program..."? If it says "Error in program..." I want you to go into profile settings, check keep launcher open, and play and load a shaderpack. Copy and paste the log in the launcher's console into pastebin.
11/24/2015 10:23 am
Jay_Stryer
Apparently the black screen glitch only occurs when the window is beyond a certain size. I can't play on fullscreen, in fact the largest size I can play on with shaders without the black screen glitch is about the size of my palm, which is... well, very annoying.
11/24/2015 12:49 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Try going into the shader settings and make RenderResMul as high as possible, see if that changes anything. I believe at 1.0, the maximum window size is 1920x1080 and the mod does not support any higher resolutions.
tl;dr, your screen is too big.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome