Site Idea: Profile Customizability

1234560's Avatar 123456011/19/14 5:27 pm
11/24/2014 11:44 pm
Narotiza's Avatar Narotiza
I always thought the things you can change on your profile were rather limited, and you can't really change the look, or feel of your profile. It's always just a bright grey stone background. So, I thought what if there was an option to change the texture on your profile? Like when editing your profile you could select a cobblestone, dirt, grass, wood, or iron background? Maybe you could select some solid colors? And more than just textures, you could also select some things to appear publicly in your profile, like skin, contest wins, most popular submission, etc. What if you could change where parts of your profile description go, like subscribers over description, contest trophies over subscribers, description under trophies. These are just some ideas I had for more customizability in your profile.
Level 22 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2014 11:44 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Narotiza
Brilliant! I love some of the ideas on this thread.
I'd like to see a customizeable background. Maybe one could choose either a tiling block texture or a single background image?
I do like the idea of a 'wall' or 'feed' that's been mentioned a few times on this thread, so that people could see what their favorite users are up to.
IMPLEMENT THIS NOW, MODS!!
11/24/2014 10:45 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Antlo
This is pure genius.

I love the idea of having a 'wall' type of functionality, as said above, so you could let your subscribers know about something you're working on.

I also like the idea of changing textures, and the texture pack support idea. Not so big on the solid colors thing.

I hope this gets implemented...
11/24/2014 9:32 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
+PixelPirate+
I kinda like this. Developers, if you're reading this....

I know PMC has gone through a lot more changes recently, (collections, new header or whatever you call that thing organisation) but this would actually be cool.
11/24/2014 9:22 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Great idea, but it could just turn out to be annoying. Trolls would just make their background image like super bright colors and have annoying things on it that would ruin the feel of the site. Maybe have this unlockable?
11/24/2014 12:49 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Architect
Xoyjaz
I think its a great idea, gives the member more obtions and more identity. But if its possible? Lets see
11/24/2014 5:48 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
For backgrounds, I'll only support changing the texture.

I don't really fancy colours. Especially when we know people will put bright pink or something. I love the idea of changing the texture though.

Changing the texture to any MC block is nice. Also maybe adding texture pack support, so like you type a texture pack in a search bar and choose the one, then choose the texture from that.

I also like the feed type of thing. It will be very helpful to let people know what you are working on and stuff, and have a reply thing.
11/23/2014 7:51 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
I think you it should keep track of profile views at least. Maybe a song of your choosing starts playing?
11/23/2014 7:53 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Oh, please no. Automatic music would just be annoying.
11/24/2014 5:39 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
I was being sarcastic. Whats this look like myspace?
11/23/2014 7:41 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Oh, hey, the background is a light grey stone... I hadn't noticed.

Anyway, I don't spend much time on my profile, but I guess customization would be nice. Maybe wood, bedrock, and nether brick versions?
11/23/2014 7:35 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
I wouldn't mind being able to customize my profile a bit. Just a header or maybe being able to change the background from that dirt we all know and love would be interesting, I think.
11/19/2014 5:34 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Zombie
Repson
I'd really like there to be a Header Image function on your profile, and I will always hope for over 120kb profile pictures, but that won't happen because of site limitations, but anyway.,

Yeah, I'd like there to be Header Images, and even a "Wall" functionality, sorta like Facebook but not as social, Something where you can make small text posts maybe about informing subscribers about a project you're working on, or even the ability to hold your own private contests, without the hassle of doing everything manually.

These are all a bit farfetched for PMC since it would be a massive change, but I'd like it.
11/19/2014 5:56 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
I like this idea, too
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome