Six Degrees of Separation | Meet Anybody

Sonadel's Avatar Sonadel11/26/13 12:43 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 6
11/26/2013 2:21 am
Reynard's Avatar Reynard
It's an incredibly fascinating topic, and I want to know what other people think! o.O

The Six Degrees of separation means that you are only 6 people by introduction away from possibly affiliating with anybody in the world.

You can experiment with celebrities using Google's "Bacon Number" by typing in a celebrity's name, and adding "bacon number" to the end.

Here's some convenient examples of celebrities being loosely connected:

I've did my own experiment with YouTubers moving into others and celebrities:

- Shane Dawson interviewed Tyler Oakley who knows Olga Kay who dated Toby Turner who is friends with PewDiePie who plays games with Mangaminx.

- Total Biscuit knows boogie2988 who spoke with RayWilliamJohnson who has hung out with Robin Williams who starred in Radioman with George Clooney who featured in 8 with Kevin Bacon.

- Smosh who interviewed Tom Hiddleston who acted with Elijah Wood who spoke with George Lucas who worked with Harrison Ford who is friends with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Feel free to leave more examples. You'd be surprised to find out how people are loosely connected. Celebrities can use it easily because their relationships are very public.

Let me know what you all think of this phenomenon down below. Thank you! ^_^
Sonadel
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Reynard
11/26/2013 2:21 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
TraedpoD
ReynardThis is simmilar to why a firetruck is red: Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and the Russians were red and that's why firetrucks are red.

I think you're missing the point just a 'lil. This isn't concept doesn't try to EXPLAIN anything. It just shows that if you become affiliated with someone, you then have the chance to meet another someone, who knows another someone and so on! However, it IS a similar idea to that! ^ ^ ^

For example, and this is TRUE: if you meet ME, I can have you meet Fletcher Dunn (teaches my Computer Science class and works at Valve) who is friends with the creator of Corporal Dunn, a Modern Warfare character (he also told me the story) who has worked with Barry Pepper (voice actor for Corporal Dunn) who is friends with Ryan Reynolds who starred in R.I.P.D with Kevin Bacon.

If I put the massive amount of time and energy into asking about and meeting up with all these people, there's a possibility I can meet Kevin Bacon.

The primary problems are time, money, and social rank. However... it IS there! o.O

I suppose you're right. But you cannot deny the similarities are jarring.
Sonadel
11/26/2013 1:38 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
ReynardThis is simmilar to why a firetruck is red: Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and the Russians were red and that's why firetrucks are red.

I think you're missing the point just a 'lil. This isn't concept doesn't try to EXPLAIN anything. It just shows that if you become affiliated with someone, you then have the chance to meet another someone, who knows another someone and so on! However, it IS a similar idea to that! ^ ^ ^

For example, and this is TRUE: if you meet ME, I can have you meet Fletcher Dunn (teaches my Computer Science class and works at Valve) who is friends with the creator of Corporal Dunn, a Modern Warfare character (he also told me the story) who has worked with Barry Pepper (voice actor for Corporal Dunn) who is friends with Ryan Reynolds who starred in R.I.P.D with Kevin Bacon.

If I put the massive amount of time and energy into asking about and meeting up with all these people, there's a possibility I can meet Kevin Bacon.

The primary problems are time, money, and social rank. However... it IS there! o.O
Neptonic
11/26/2013 1:13 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
0_0

Why, quite the cynic we got here...

I like it
Reynard
11/26/2013 1:06 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Reynard posted in this forum topic of PMC which is moderated by Paril who knows Cyprezz who works on the Internet and since there are many Celebreties on the internet, I therefore am related to every one.

This is simmilar to why a firetruck is red: Cause there's eight wheels on them and four people, and four plus eight is twelve, and twelve is a foot and a foot is a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, and Queen Elizabeth was also a ship, and the ship sails the sea and in the sea is fish and fish have fins, and the Finns fought the Russians and the Russians were red and that's why firetrucks are red.
Wyvernian
11/26/2013 12:58 am
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
Serious now:
I never realised that, and I never will, because it is too mind blowing! Great examples btw. All I can think of is:

LEGOManiacBlake ate a cookie which had chocolate chips made from cocoa beans.
(That was 4 but it doesn't matter )
You see? I am related to a Cocoa Bean!
Wyvernian
11/26/2013 12:52 am
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome