Spot mods made with MCreator and other illegal programs!

Dr_Steve's Avatar Dr_Steve7/18/15 8:46 am
1 emeralds 3.3k 30
7/23/2015 6:01 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
None of us like to cheat, now, right?

MCreator is a program that makes mods without programming it, and you'll know it is against the rules to make mods with, and here is how you can tell that a mod is a cheat mod, or made with MCreator:

1. If it is very simple like new tools, armor, etc, it is suspect! It can't really make good mods.

2. If it isn't very detailed, it's likely a suspect, or even a virus.

3. Download it and if it has MCreator in a file name it's a fraud

Then give a detailed report on the submission
Dr_Steve
Level 43 : Master Creeper

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2015 5:49 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
I've never heard of MCreator. Why is it illegal?
07/23/2015 6:01 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
MCreator is a mod-maker that allows you to make mods without any knowledge of coding. It's "illegal" on PlanetMinecraft because you end up doing barely any work for it.
07/23/2015 5:34 pm
Level 20 : Expert Lumberjack
Al CatSplat
I think MC Creator mods should only be able to save to a special file type used only by MC Creator so that people will know which mods were made with. And the mod shouldn't be able to be converted to another file type or else it won't run.
07/23/2015 5:24 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
I made a tutorial on this. It's not hard.
07/21/2015 3:17 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Astemus
Hating people that use tools to create content is completely backwards for everyone here. Unless you've coded your own programming language, created a game using it, then made a mod for that game, you're all using tools to make things easier for yourselves. Talk about being a hypocrite, it's beyond reason why you people are discriminating against people using a mod creator. It's a tool, like a hammer or even this forum software. You use them to help realize your vision and create something.

Now, if you have issues with someone using that tool to create a copy of something they didn't create, then there are licensing avenues that you can pursue. Copyright protection should be protecting user content, not pitchfork wielding hate mobs.
07/19/2015 9:30 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
EnderCat17
i am surprised no mod have deleted or locked this thread
07/19/2015 8:50 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
Epikface
I might end up opening a thread to share your program-generated content. It'd be a cool way to show off what we can't show otherwise.
07/19/2015 9:00 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
What's the point of that? It will just be a bunch of inexperienced kids who think they know how to program, and it will have all the same/similar content.

Also, you might want to ask for permission to do that, you might not be allowed.
07/21/2015 2:11 pm
Epikface
Ah... well, I've done the deed already.

I believe that MCreator and such are programs that let creativity flow without barriers like expensive classes, but I also understand that it's not fair to have crappy LAPIS TEWLZ mixed it with, like, the Aether II. However, they deserve to show what they've made.
07/19/2015 12:16 pm
forgot about you
The thing is- if you have a MCreater mod section the mods will all be the same concept or there will be dozens of copies of the same mods, and anyone can do it. There is no point, even if you don't get experience.
07/19/2015 11:47 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Why Not MCreator Mod section But u Dont get any XP if u make a Mcreator mod.
07/19/2015 12:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Might as well post it in the forum then. Same concept.

Though I'm pretty sure MCreator's Terms of Use prohibits anyone from uploading mods that were made with the program.

Edit: Nevermind. Went to check and it just says the following:

You can share mods with others on this website. You can also distribute you mods on other websites or forums, bu you have to:

- tell that the mod was made using MCreator
- provide a link to MCreator's website

Also, this isn't like the banners section in regards to it being low effort/easy to reproduce so the section shouldn't get experience. This is about it being your own work. MCreator provides pre-made code which can generate much of or all of a mod for you. Also, there's absolutely nothing stopping people from using the experience-enabled Mods section over this hypothetical MCreator Mods section that gives to experience.
07/19/2015 11:59 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1072506
[deleted]
07/19/2015 10:20 am
BugsBunny17
One way to know if it's MCreator generated is if it lags, just tried it and my fps dropped.

Also when uploading a mod there should be a big banner covering half the page saying no program generated mods.
07/19/2015 11:34 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
07/18/2015 2:14 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
this isn't "illegal" it is just a free touse program
07/18/2015 2:17 pm
forgot about you
It is not allowed to post mods made with MCreator on PMC. Not sure why OP used the term "illegal".
07/18/2015 8:44 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
Ik it's legal, I meant to say as "against the rules", I should've said, and the purpost of this thread, is to tell people how you can spot, (and shut down) mods with MCreator. (Shut down = Help the moderators delete the stuff they despise!)
07/21/2015 5:35 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
and you go on pmc 24/7 finding these mods? guess not.
07/18/2015 12:38 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
To the OP: Nice Tutorial.

To The people saying "mccreator section, we want!":
I can see why you might want that, but when developers work hard to make mods to post here and then you allow some program generated content that wasnt hard to make at all, it would probably make a few people a bit sad xD
07/18/2015 12:31 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
There should be an MCreator section. That way it really separates real mods from program-made mods.
07/18/2015 12:26 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
What exactly is the purpose of this thread?
07/18/2015 2:11 pm
forgot about you
^^^
It isn't hard to find out what mod is made with MCreator or not, plus mods need to be greenlighted, and moderators know how to tell, at least I'd hope they do.
07/18/2015 12:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
07/18/2015 2:08 pm
Level 78 : Legendary Engineer
FEX___96
well, lame excuse, there are code editors like Eclipse, that do that work
far better, have abetter interface, and find errors for you... why then use MCreator and get suspected for uploading program generated content?
and... from what I know, MCreator makes "Laggy" code (I tested it)
07/18/2015 10:08 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I personally don't see much of an issue with MCreator (Don't worry, I've never posted a mod). A lot of people don't have the ability to make their own mod so why does it make sense to exclude them from being able to become part of the modding community. From what I have seen the only people who have a problem with it are the people who have learned to code and are mad that other people are being able to compete with them who did not have to learn it. General mod players don't care and as for the virus part, a "normal" mod can do that just as effectively.

The only real issue and concern that I have with MCreator is that it posses certain legal issues such as do you have the rights to your own mod? If not, is PMC promoting stolen content? Could the creators of MCreator just take your mod at will? That is the only decent argument.
07/18/2015 10:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
kilokreeper
I think the general argument against it is that the MCreator mods have almost no effort put into them. When you have to learn code and other stuff to make a mod, you put effort into it, but with MCreator, you just type in the item name and draw a picture.
07/18/2015 9:38 am
Epikface
I personally LIKE MCreator... ik wat you're thinking, i did NOT post any of the mods I've made.

I personally think Program-Made mods should be a section by itself :I
07/18/2015 9:28 am
BugsBunny17
Even so you still can't tell A fake mod from a real ever since MCreator is getting more advanced and also people can just delete the MCreator name in the code so it will seem legit.

I've already asked Pylo to add a way so they can't delete or rename MCreator in the code
07/18/2015 9:32 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Well isn't that just great?!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome