Staff member offering - DETAILED BIOGRAPHY

Zyphior's Avatar Zyphior9/20/14 9:38 am
1 emeralds 167 1
9/20/2014 11:18 pm
Zyphior's Avatar Zyphior
Information

IGN: Da_Pepsi_Monster
Country & Timezone: United States PST (GMT -7:00)

Biography

Well hello, I'm Andrew, 16 year old and living in America.
In the years that I've been playing Minecraft, I've both managed, helped and played on various servers. I have plenty of experience with having servers of my own, where I did both plugin and in-game managing.
Besides this I'm obviously well experienced in handling a community, to make them follow the rules but above all, to assure that everything runs smoothly and people actually enjoy the server as well. When I'm working as a staff member I do not play the server myself, so that I can pay attention all the time to the community as a whole.

Of course I could have tons of experience, but this all wouldn't be worth if I didn't learn anything from these past experiences.
Most importantly I learned that everyone is innocent until the opposite can be proven, meaning that evidence has to be provided (or I would have to notice it myself) before I would punish anyone for something that player shouldn't do, which only seems logical after all.

Coming to punishments, I'm always taking in any account the possible victims and the consequences that the violation has brought or could have brought.
For minor violations, I will always talk to the violator before issuing a punishment, however talking to the violator will not make them escape their punishment,
I talk to the violator and save the chat to bring it up when this person decided to appeal his ban, I will then look at the conversation after the violation before making a judgement on the ban appeal. If the conversation showed that he was well aware of the mistake he made I might vote for a smaller ban (1/2 days less).
In case of bigger violations and major incidents, I will immediately mute or even temp ban the violator(s) once evidence is provided, to then discuss a final judgement with either administrators or owners.

I will always be able to adapt to the rules that you have set up on your server, and I will respect them at all times, however at some cases, such as immature behavior, I will automatically respond with several warnings, but not major punishments. Above all I want a community to be enjoyable, and immature behavior isn't a big contributor to this.

Current occupations
Zyphior
Level 1 : New Miner