Suggest themes for the PMC skinning contests

Jackie1st's Avatar Jackie1st9/2/13 6:43 pm history
3 emeralds 33.8k 578
5/26/2017 5:03 am
Vincent _1987's Avatar Vincent _1987
Well I take it you've read the title so you should already have the basic idea of this thread.

I tend to have lots people coming to me with ideas about what would make a great theme for one of our contests (I'm restricting this thread to the skin contests though) and they're not quite sure where to post them, so I kept saying I'd make a thread for it and never got around to it till now.

[size=150%]Alright so there's a few things to bear in mind before posting on this thread.[/size]

The first is that we will still be deciding the theme of the contest through a poll posted on the forums, and may not even include anything that was posted here.

Second, Pitch us your idea don't just leave a post with one word. Try and explain why you think that would be a great contest.

Third, this one may be a bit harder as the thread grows and such but try your best not to repeat suggestions.

Forth, keep your ideas broad we want themes where people can come up with a whole lot of unique ideas

And fifth, this one should be the easiest if you disagree with someone idea simply state so as respectfully as you can and if someone disagrees with your idea don't take it to heart.
Jackie1st
Retired Moderator
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2017 5:03 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Meme
Vincent _1987
How about a contest with the dankest of memez?
01/18/2017 5:43 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
DIAMONDZ4ever
I like the Disney thing.
12/12/2016 9:51 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
MicrowavedPlum
How about robots taking over the world?
And we have to make robots?
08/26/2016 12:34 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
geekyowlet
Assassin's World
In a world where it's steal or be stolen from, you have to choose. Will you build walls around yourself, hoping to protect all your valuables? Or will you burn those walls down, and take everything that you can fit into your pockets? It's a person-eat-person world out there, and not just metaphorically. And don't limit yourself to just takers and the takees, maybe there's a third solution. A third life that you could lead. Or maybe you'll just end up a grand-master thief.
08/19/2016 10:58 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
joshuaets
sci-fi vs. fantasy
people create a skin that is half sci-fi and half fantasy.
08/19/2016 8:59 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
conspiracy theory skin contest
08/19/2016 8:43 pm
Level 43 : Master Strawberry
DoomDestroyer98
How about a Cybernetic human or animal? Like a cyborg themed one.
08/19/2016 8:41 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Grump
Five
Extra dimensional beings contest.
08/19/2016 4:05 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
I think a "magic" theme would be cool, Lots of RP users would love it. And you cant find very many skins of the theme, From what I've found .

Ex : Harry-Potter ,WoW, Magic The Gathering, Kid's Wizards, Witches ect.
07/20/2016 10:38 am
Level 36 : Artisan Unicorn
MerryRainbow
Greek And Roman Mythology

In a world full of beasts and gods, full of adventure and creatures awaits in the world. From evil lords to the powerful Zeus. What are you waiting for? A journey lies ahead.

Hope that right there just blew your mind lol jk
07/12/2016 3:27 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Toast
Hedgehogs2931
Summer camp skin competition
07/10/2016 9:57 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Mage
Spectre
Childhood nostalgic characters skinning competition?

Just something unique.
07/02/2016 7:48 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
CrispyShroom
Plant Life Skin Comp
06/08/2016 6:19 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Botanist
Graceful_
Maybe a prince/princess theme and tell us the story of his/her kingdom, and how they got to the throne. This leaves a lot of room for creativity, and that's why I think it should be a contest.
06/08/2016 1:28 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Dog_Miner
I've got one, Youtuber Remakes. such as my skin green short sleeved and shoed bajancanadian with ssundee's sunglasses
06/07/2016 12:30 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
MariIsOverThere
Maybe Medieval? I've done 2-3 Medieval rps on servers, yet can never find a good skin. People could make things like: Knights, Kings, Queens, Commoners, Dragons, Mages, Anything like that and such.

Sorry If I sound like a complete idiot or if you guys have already done this one. I can never keep up.
06/06/2016 11:47 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
ItzDauntless
microscopic creatures
-players design and create the look of an imaginative microscopic world on a skin (bacteria, cells, virus etc)
05/16/2016 11:13 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
- Ancient Civilizations
- The Renaissance
- Age of Exploration
- Kings and Queens
- Digital Age
- Minecraft's Third Mascot
- Abstract
- Heroes vs. Villains
- Acquatic Creatures
- In the Jungle
- Apocalypse II
- Inanimate Objects II
- Video Game Characters II
04/16/2016 3:27 pm
Level 42 : Master Steve
Bureine
Emotional Brawlers
Embody an emotion into an RPG character, ranging from mage, to fighter, to healer to tank.
04/06/2016 10:48 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Legendarian
Historical Figures
Friends or Foes, Axis or Allies, speakers or simply role models from the past. Test your history and creativity, and create a pixelated version of an influencial character!
04/02/2016 10:23 am
Level 39 : Artisan Kitten
Seabro
Dream World Skin Contest:
Your eyes are feeling tired and you slowly drift off. A few minutes pass and you notice the fussy dream world atmosphere. Your not in your bed anymore, and its clear that nothing around you is real... Make a skin of what you find in this dream world.
Skins could be related to Monsters in nightmares, weird mysterious dream world characters or good old fashioned sheep.

Flying Kingdom Skin Contest:
Your soaring through the skies looking down on the large cities below but you gaze up. To Find that you are not alone in the skies. Skins could consist of any animal, mythical beast, planes, or objects that fly around in the skies.

The world of Music Skin Contest:
what should i make a skin of for the world of Music skin contest? The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind..The answer is blowin' in the wind. Eyyy see what i did there. Skins for this contest could range from music legends, to characters/concepts in songs to musical instruments.

Game on Skin Contest:
Back of the net! Homerun! This contest idea is about any sport whatsoever.Your Goal is to make a skin related to your favourite sports team, mascot or fictional sports characters or anything kinda sporty.

Through the window Skin Contest:
You are sitting at your computer browsing through Planet Minecraft when something catches your eye. You look up through the window to see... Skins can be anything from window cleaners, mythical creatures that hang around windows, and anything that could be found creeping outside your house.

Prehistoric Planet Skin Contest:
Your running through the landscape. 1 more quick sprint and you can catch your food. But wait! A massive dinosaur stands in your way. Well bad luck, now your going to have to go back to your cave and eat some good old fashioned tin cave man food! Skins Can be anything related to this era. But please please no Fred Flintstones skins!
03/20/2016 1:53 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Princess
gobrr123
1. Trends skin contest

All skins will be related to internet trends/ fashion trends/ school trends/ etc.
Examples:

The Dress
Damn Daniel
Pepe
Poot Lovato
Dab (I DONT KNOW LOL)

2. Back to School skin contest

All skins will be related to the characters inside the school, such as the Principal, Professors, Teachers, Superintendents, to Class Clowns, Emo dude, Wallflowers, etc.

3. Mental Disorders

Not really sure if this will make it but here
All skins will be related to Mental Illnesses, such as Depression Anxiety, OCD, Tourettes (Did I spell it right omg) Dyslexia, I'm probably sure there are lots of Mental Illnesses out there but it will be kinda hard for skinners to think of an idea I guess

4. 8bit Skin Contests

Self-Explanatory, same as Retro but all skins needs to be 8bit. Kind of hard amirite

5. Foods Skin Contest

Self-Explanatory as well, all skins will be related to foods

That's all I got thx lol
05/09/2016 12:01 pm
Level 49 : Master Toast
yeol
I LIKE THT FOOD THEMED CONTEST! >3<
03/13/2016 3:00 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Toast
Hedgehogs2931
Elemental Creatures!
Choose your favorite element out of fire, water, earth, and air, and create a fictional creature skin out of it! It can be a fire dragon, water unicorn, or any elemental creature you think of! Prizes: 1 winner for each element
1st: Element Trophy (of that element)
02/29/2016 9:58 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Furry Faces in Suited Suits
Wouldn't it be a laugh to have animals in human clothes? Cats in hoodies, dogs in tuxes, even elephants in sweaters (its kinda cute). The internet loves them, speaking of which, maybe its time you had a crack at it. Create a skin of an animal wearing very human clothes.

Swampland Creatures
We found beings from the north, that thrives in the frozen wastelands. Those who take the skies, and the wind that goes with it. The sea, where creatures goes on, high tide or low tide, and more recently, creatures surviving in the crazy temperatures of the desert. Now we explore a land not entirely inhabited by majestic creatures. The swamp. Make a skin of a creature that would thrive in the muddy depths of the swamplands.
02/23/2016 4:09 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
FaceCheeks
I think a board game idea would be cool.
02/07/2016 12:26 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
PeliPartio
Nintendo? Nintendo Skinning Contest Please.
01/28/2016 9:52 am
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
Toy Box

As a famous cowboy once said: "You are a child's play thing!"
01/18/2016 5:12 pm
Level 20 : Expert Toast
soysauceFTW
Survivors

I'm not talking about the show. In fallout, there were survivors of the nuclear war. What if in this, They depicted the survivors of the nuclear winter, you know the ones that didn't die? I don't know, just an idea.
01/18/2016 3:06 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
KawaiiNekoDono
I think that a plane/helicopter/ship/anything pilot is a good idea. ^^
12/20/2015 2:03 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Brimagic_Wings
Bond. James Bond. This would be an awesome contest idea since the new Bond movie, Spectre, just came out. You would have a choice of making any James Bond or co-star from any movie. This is a very popular series that everyone knows so it would be amazing to see it in minecraft.
12/14/2015 12:36 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
Infinitize
Doctor Who!!!
10/09/2015 12:30 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Meme
Faz_
Maybe some kind of make your own mob or like,
Frankenstien of mobs type contest for Halloween?
Like, mix up mobs and make a skin of it? It might be too
similar to the boss battle one, I was just trying to suggest.
Also, I missed the apocalypse contest and would have loved to participate.
Maybe do an apocalypse #2?

Or, fnaf is a hugely popular thing for skins. Maybe a fnaf contest,
but you can use ones not made for thins contest specificly
09/20/2015 9:24 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
Minecraft fox
Guys I got the best idea! Assassinista skin contest! the skins must be assassins or an assassin hunter!

if that's not fitting people then how about Video game characters? please please PLEASE let one of these topics become a PMC skin contests!
09/19/2015 9:33 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Meme
CroatiaTheMan
Lego
09/08/2015 8:29 am
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
Destinations

Don't deny it. You want to go to other places, don't you?

Everyday, people, such as yourself and myself, hope and wish they could see the different destinations and attractions of the world. They wish to go out of their town, out of their city, and out of their country. They want to experience the outside world which they have never seen before.

Make a skin representing the unique attractions of a specific location or place you would like to ride a plane or boat to! Incorporate a single or multiple interesting facts about the place into the skin. You may also make your own fantasy place and describe it.
09/03/2015 11:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Unicorn
NamedCow750
Leaders

It could be a king...
It could be a king's king...
It could be a king's king's king!
It could be a queen, or a queen of kings or a king of queens.
It could be an emperor!
It could be the leader of Jupiter!
It could be GOD
It could be the DEVIL
It could be the leader of a Space Station
It could be Lord Revil
It could be Leader of the Family
Or the Boss of a Military Academy,
The Sergeant Major?
What about Mother Nature?
It could be an ancient tribe of Tigermen
Who return to the surface every now and then!
It could be YOU
It could be ME
It could be the leader of a court of Kangaroo
Or the hive's famous Queen Bee
As long as they're a leader...
...they are eager....
To be a skin

If you say that in a certain rhythm it actually sounds good, almost like a rap...
08/01/2015 7:33 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
omyo
I know this has been done before, but I'm thinking something more elaborate than stuff like this (for example):

http://i.imgur.com/6ot6FLN.png
08/01/2015 7:30 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
omyo
OK, so you know how people make skin that have only 4 colours or something? How about you make a contest that is for making 3-colour only creations? I think this is a pretty good idea, some people are making one every once in a while, and I think it'll be great to see what people can come up with. Whaddya think?
07/31/2015 12:12 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Scribe
Camarilla
Holidays Skin Contest
Every day there are a variety of holidays; some of which are known, and some of which only celebrated by a select few. But in the Holidays Skin Contest, all of these niche holidays get recognition. Make a skin of that captures the essence of a lesser-known holiday. (A good resource is checkiday.com)

Natural Influences Contest
Everywhere around us we can find inspiration. Especially in nature, there are so many amazing things- both subtle and standout-ish- that can amaze anyone and everyone. Make a skin that demonstrates nature at its best.
07/26/2015 8:29 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
JazzyYazzy03Do Disney!!!!!!!!!!! Do characters from cartoons though only! Nothing from Pixar either. hope it's a god choice!

Aww, heck naw!
Pixar is amazin tho
07/26/2015 7:34 am
Level 37 : Artisan Button Pusher
SleepyDog
If you want a hard one, A Buildings Contest. I mean a skin the looks like a building.

Zoo Life is also a good idea. It has to be something that you can find in a typical zoo or farm.

Also, maybe Exotic Animals?

There's also, Horror Skin Contest.

You could also go an Emoji Skin Contest. You would bring your fav Emoji/Smilie to life.
07/13/2015 7:18 pm
Level 48 : Master Lego Builder
toofhg
I would like to see a contest where we make a skin based on someone or something that isn't very known but part of something we do know.

Example: Star Wars. Maybe someone knows a person or creature that isn't well known and wasn't featured in the films or other big media but they know a lot about this character.

Or for someone who wants to make their own character, they could invent one for the future. Like a new antagonist for a hero.
07/02/2015 12:19 pm
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
Mrl0wbehigh
Prehistoric
06/28/2015 10:44 am
Level 49 : Master Fox
Orbiter
I would like to see maybe a prehistoric skinning contest? Cavemen, dinos (heh, Dino XD) or anything else you can think of..
06/23/2015 5:19 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
The Ancient World
Make a skin of someone or something that came before, from the beginning of time to 1000 AD. In a time where warlords and kings ruled the world, creativity can run rampant.

Fantasy Forest
Elves, Imps, Trolls! Make a skin of a fantastical creature that makes its home in a magical forest.

Norse Life and Mythology
The Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish culture has a rich and deep heritage. Make a skin of their culture, from one of their deities, to a raider captain, or any of the bevy of characters from history and imagination.
06/23/2015 3:18 pm
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
Mrl0wbehigh
Nintendo?
Just use nintendo characters or something

Japanese?
Make japanese themed things such as anime or video games or something
06/22/2015 6:11 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Narwhal
Mepp-
Minecraftian
Make a skin that matches the style of minecraft!
as in having dulled down colors, using the same colors as wool, tanner skins (for being in the sun all day) ect?
06/22/2015 5:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
JazzyYazzy03
Do Disney!!!!!!!!!!! Do characters from cartoons though only! Nothing from Pixar either. hope it's a god choice!
06/21/2015 4:57 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
Let's keep the themes coming, yours may be used in the next contest!

Ancient America
Before Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492, Native American tribes were scattered across what would become the United States, and empires dominated South America. Create a skin based off the cultures of the people who lived in North, Central, or South America before the days of European explorers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome